Dating Tips for those that have been out of the dating pool for a while

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellavita29. Show bellavita29's posts

Re: Dating Tips for those that have been out of the dating pool for a while

Ok, here is my hard-won advice...

If you are on match or some other website, rethink your search criteria.  For years, I was off and on match.  I dated a lot of people.  They all met the criteria I had selected.  None of them was right for me.

Now though, I am with a wonderful man.  In so many ways, he is everything I ever wanted, but, on those search criteria, he would have never even been on my radar.

I'm not saying to go out with smokers if you hate smokers.  I'm just saying, loosen up the things that aren't so important. 

Good luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

RDG,

never lower your standards, period.  I know a woman who has, and she is finally happy, but she is also a perfectionist at her work, and in her home life, so she had to lower her expectations.  But reasonableness prevailing, the economy is tough and protecting your daughter through the teenage years is paramount or tantamount or pinnaclemount.  Getting her into college safely without emotional damage is so rewarding.  I know some who didn't and they were smart and privileged.

Partnership will happen, most likely after you daughter graduates from high school and you don't have her around to parent as well.

Eating and talking is a good combination, just not both at the same time, i hate when that happens. --------- guilty ocassionally

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

In Response to Re: Dating Tips for those that have been out of the dating pool for a while:
    [QUOTE]Ok, here is my hard-won advice... If you are on match or some other website, rethink your search criteria.  For years, I was off and on match.  I dated a lot of people.  They all met the criteria I had selected.  None of them was right for me. Now though, I am with a wonderful man.  In so many ways, he is everything I ever wanted, but, on those search criteria, he would have never even been on my radar. I'm not saying to go out with smokers if you hate smokers.  I'm just saying, loosen up the things that aren't so important.  Good luck!
    Posted by bellavita29[/QUOTE]

I'd completely agree with this.  I spent a few years doing on-line dating and the overwhelming majority of women that approoached me had things listed in their profiles that, logically,  should have immediately disqualified me if they had actually read my profile.

If you are willing to over-look something for some people but not others then, IMO, it's time to honestly reevaluate your list of "must have's" and "can't have's".

Sections
Shortcuts