Did you ever have one of those days

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Did you ever have one of those days

In Response to Did you ever have one of those days:
    When everything, abso.freakin.lutely EVERYTHING grates on you?  My cube mate is one of those "toppers", she's always got to one-up on everything and I am so not in the mood to deal.  God grant me the serenity and all that jazz. 
    Posted by 1personsopinion

Hang in there, 1po.  It's Friday, and it's going to be a nice weekend - well, most of it is, anyway.

Do you have an iPod where you can clamp on the earbuds to drown her out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I can top that, 1po.  Wink 

For a while there, I was having one of those years.  Now it's just days.

But yes, everyone has one of those days where anyone can set your teeth on edge. The constant sniffers, the gum poppers, the one-uppers, the MEMEMEME people.  Oh, yes. 

I find that humor can help - especially with people who do NOT see what they're doing.  Take the one-upmanship into the arena of ridiculous absurdity.  "Oh, Disney's nice, but my best vacation was when my parents took me to the moon.  Beautiful there, have you ever been?"  Then just enjoy watching their eyes cross.  Or an angry harrumph followed by a skirt flounce.  Whee! 

Or just smile and nod.  Blankly.  That works, too. 

Lord, Grant me the serenity to
    accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage, to change the things I can, and
    Wisdom to hide the bodies of those people
    I had to kill because they pissed me off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Some days you feel like you are just getting kicked in the face... I had one of those the other day.

I cheered myself up with Thai food after work. It was tasty.

I suggest the same :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

When everything, abso.freakin.lutely EVERYTHING grates on you?  My cube mate is one of those "toppers", she's always got to one-up on everything and I am so not in the mood to deal.  God grant me the serenity and all that jazz. 

Yes, I've known people like that - they've done everything you've done, except bigger, better, faster and more dangerously ("I once flew a Cessna without instruments and landed safely!"  Heh...pure balderdash).  Attention hogs with self-image problems, usually.  Pay it no mind; she probably hasn't done half the stuff she claims to have done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Oh yeah, well that's nothing compared to me.  I'm perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Porky, you have some rainbow barf on your chin.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Did you ever have one of those days:
    In Response to Re: Did you ever have one of those days : I just don't talk to those people. Or I make up outrageous stuff to keep one-upping them until they get the hint and don't talk to me anymore.
    Posted by Zeptember

So if and when I go tandem-skydiving to celebrate my sister's 50th b'day, and anyone tries to oneups me, I can say that my instructor passed out on the way out of the plane and I had to pull the ripcord myself and land us both safely away from the high power lines and the 6 lane highway?

Cool.  ;-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

1po -
    what was the latest one-upmanship?

I'm sure posters here could help you come up with a wonderful counterstrike.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Laxative in the Coffee.  Supposedly, squirting Visine into liquid will give them the squirts.  The rumor is that Stewardesses would dose passengers that were acting like total a-holes.
    Posted by QuetiePie

This works.  Just a couple of drops of Visine, though.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Sorry 1personsopinion.  One-upper people are so annoying.

Usually chocolate, going to the movies or shopping works for me but I'm thinking you need different outlets.

Thanks wizen. This is great. Did you read this Porkchop?!?

Lord, Grant me the serenity to
    accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage, to change the things I can, and
    Wisdom to hide the bodies of those people
    I had to kill because they pissed me off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

God grant you a .22 with a silencer. Actually I found the best way to deal with folks like that is to make up stuff yourself and see just how ridiculous she will get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Did you ever have one of those days :   Yes, I've known people like that - they've done everything you've done, except bigger, better, faster and more dangerously ("I once flew a Cessna without instruments and landed safely!"  Heh...pure balderdash).  Attention hogs with self-image problems, usually.  Pay it no mind; she probably hasn't done half the stuff she claims to have done.
    Posted by redwolf68

I once had to land a 747 like that and since I had never flown a plane before it was difficult. When the electronics all went out I had to find some way to rig cables to the ailerons, trim tabs, flaps and rudder. But no cable so I gathered up all the paper clips that everyone had and using them as wire I managed to make cables. Once that was I done I realized we had only enough fuel to make it to the small airport in Worms, NE. But the runway was only 1500 feet so I quickly redesigned the engines to increase reverse thrust but I did not have time to update the structural efficiency of the wings so I hoped for the best and brought her in. It worked and Scarlett Johanssen was on the plane and she offered to sleep with me since I saved her life but I just kissed her once and said, "Sweetie, virtue is its own reward".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHepcat. Show HipHepcat's posts

There comes a time 
    A time, in everyone's life
    When nothing seems to go your way
    When nothing seems to turn out right

There comes a time
    You just can't seem to find your place
    For every door that you open
    Seems like you get two slammed in your face

Ray Lamontagne

Sections