Do you have a moment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

Do you have a moment?

Because I'd like to tell you about a friend of mine who's really helped me put a lot of bad stuff behind me.

You all seem to suffer from a lot of maladies, both of the body and of the spirit. Lots of posts about disease diagnoses, social problems, divorces, personal and professional pain, Internet kerfluffles that affect you on a deeply personal basis.

Well, I, too, was once where you are. I found myself in a sucking pit of despair and no one was my friend. Who helped me? Where did I find succor? In my personal lord and savior Jesus Christ. He was there all the time, but I thought he was slagging me in the comment boards under a sock puppet name.

Let him into your heart. He's good for what ails you. Now, during this season, and all year long. Allah, Vishnu, Buddah? Please. He is the Lamb of God.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Do you have a moment?

spreading the word about your religion = fine...

putting down other people's beliefs = not so fine...

go team vishnu!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I am agnostic.
    But I yell out Oh God in bed. Does that count?

JC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

This heavyblaster is the same guy who had very unChristian things to say about Anne Hathaway in another thread.

He either has a split personality, is a major faker, or perhaps needs more time with his muse.  JC had many wonderful teachings, and he would have frowned upon treating women like carp.

So, considering the source, I'll get my spiritual advice from someone besides heavyblaster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sexual-chocolate. Show sexual-chocolate's posts

You see, I love the Lord, and if loving the Lord is wrong, I dont wanna be right!  He helped Joshua fight the battle of Jericho, he helped Daniel get out the lion's den, he helped Gilligan get off the island.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

"let him into your heart"

i dont need to "let him into my heart" he's already there and in my mind as well...he's with me always..always with me

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Folkenstein. Show Folkenstein's posts

Re: Do you have a moment?:Heavyblaster

Guess you can be thankful that God loves trolls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

sexual-chocolate, lol. Awesome answer.

JeepersCripes, Agnostic but God is in bed with you?  Funny. Kidding.
    Where have you been?

backbayback, Lovely as always.

heavyblaster, Hypocritical much? It's people like you that give Christians a bad name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

blaster, I respect the fact that you believe in jesus, but you should also respect that other people have different views than you.  
    I live by the Golden Rule: do unto others as you would have done unto you.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

I respect that you respect me, but I also know that all your lives are empty, except for the places you try to fill them with voyeuristic schadenfreude at the romantic foibles of others, or with fake good wishes from strangers safely separated by the cold barrier of the Internet.

Jesus is the original American Idol, and if you let him play your arena, he will rock you like a hurricane. He will be a solid wall of sound, a ringing note that blows sin clear to the back of the auditorium!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Finlandia. Show Finlandia's posts

heavyblaster,

Was Jesus born in America?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Allah and God are the same.  Before you start dissing other religions perhaps you should learn more about your own, like how it's related to the other two Abrahamic religions.

Also, your arrogant dig at other religions is a BIG reason why people like me have been turned off to Christianity and have anti-religious tendencies.  You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  Your attempt at conversion = FAIL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a moment?:
    [QUOTE]"let him into your heart" i dont need to "let him into my heart" he's already there and in my mind as well...he's with me always..always with me
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a friend's story about her cousin and her mom.  Her cousin and his girlfriend did a lot of heavy drinking and drugs.  Well, the gf got pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby, in spite of all the druge use and abuse.  Because of the miracle they became Born Again Christians.  The cousin then tried to save her mom, and asked her if she had found Jesus.  My friend's mom, a lifelong Catholic, replied, "I never lost Him."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

You guys really don't know who heavyblaster is?
    Really?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

La La lala la

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Interesting indeed...I always liked what George Carlin said about religion:  It's like putting lifts in your shoes - if they help you walk better, fine, but don't make me wear your shoes if I don't want to, and I don't think we should be nailing lifts onto the natives' feet.

And just by-the-bye, sir, exactly who do you think you are to judge *my* life as being somehow "empty" or meaningless?  Or anyone else's, for that matter?  And because we spend a lot of time posting messages here?  Oh, please.  People like you are one of the reasons I left Christianity behind many years ago.  Go peddle your papers somewhere else.

"Jesus was way cool, it's the people he's got working for him that I have a problem with." --King Missile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

oh red, i love when you get this way!!! oohlala

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: Do you have a moment?:
    [QUOTE]I respect that you respect me, but I also know that all your lives are empty, except for the places you try to fill them with voyeuristic schadenfreude at the romantic foibles of others, or with fake good wishes from strangers safely separated by the cold barrier of the Internet. Jesus is the original American Idol, and if you let him play your arena, he will rock you like a hurricane. He will be a solid wall of sound, a ringing note that blows sin clear to the back of the auditorium!
    Posted by heavyblaster[/QUOTE]

I for one take offence with the fact that you "know that all your lives are empty".  You realistically know nothing about me, and I know very little about you, except that you troll the web looking for souls to save.  I don't need your help, and I take full responsibility for all sins I have committed and have yet to commit, thank-you. 

You should probably take a look at your self, because when you meet the Big Fella,  your going to have to answer for the judgmental issues that you have. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

"Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven."
    ~~~ Jesus, Sermon on the Mount

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Red, your King Missile quote reminds me of a T-shirt I saw once:  Dear Jesus, please save me from your fan club.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

Look how much power Jesus has, even on a chat board! the discussion about Him kept you all on topic (at least most of you) for two pages! Normally, you'd all be chattering about fornication and liquor by post #3--if you lasted that long.

I'm so proud of you for discussing what's important, instead of the usual ADHD crap here!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

jesus has nothing to do with the power one has, that is derived from within oneself. not jesus

Sections
Shortcuts