Emotional Cheating?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fazzio. Show Fazzio's posts

Emotional Cheating?

First off, I love my fiancee. He treats me well. Always supports me and is always there for me when I need him. He has never given me any reason to believe he's physically or emotionally cheating until the other day...he got 'called into work' on a weekend. So I sat in front of the TV, turned on his laptop to browse the internet, and saw a notification pop up on the bottom of his screen (I didn't intentially go looking) from a woman asking what he's doing and to call him. I got a little curious, and clicked on it. I know I should respect his privacy, but I felt like he was hiding something from me since it wasn't sent to his normal account. Judging from the conversation, he's 'helping' this girl promote her modeling career by looking at her practically naked pictures and telling her which ones to submit. There wasn't really any flirting, with the exception of a few comments on how 'awesome' her pictures are, he liked her butt in a certain picture, she has a great modeling body, and saying she was 'an 11 out of 10'. Nothing really super intimate or sexual. She, on the other hand, seemed to be begging for compliments and attention by sending him probably 15 or so pictures of herself in swimsuits, skimpy clothing, and lingerie. She kept insisting that he call her (which I can only assume he did, because the next message said sorry I hung up so fast). My question is, is this ok? Personally, I don't approve of him talking to this girl and looking at her photos. I have no idea who she is, nor has he ever told me what he's doing, knowing I'd probably disapprove. I looked up her name and she lives the next town over from us. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like there's anything going on here, although I don't know what else he could be hiding. Is this considered cheating or just downright disrespectful? I've always been paranoid because he always flirted with me while he had girlfriends before we started dating, so what's stopping him now? His excuse was he knew I was his dream girl and wanted to be with me forever (pshhhhh). Our relationship just seems too 'perfect' and I don't know if I'm just looking for something wrong with it, or if there really is something I should be concerned about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Emotional Cheating?

There's a lot more to a relationship than whether someone cheats/flirts or not.
      We don't know these people, it's silly to make blanket statements.
      If the OP is bothered by his behavior I hope she has a close friend or family member she can talk to,  or maybe some pe-marital counseling for the two of them,  this doesn't have to be a dealbreaker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In Response to Re: Emotional Cheating?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Emotional Cheating? : I'm guessing she hasn't caught you doing anything she would deem as "emotional cheating." There's training a guy to put his banana peel in the compost pail, not on the furniture or counter NEXT to the pail (which I've successfully done) and there's...well, you get the idea.   And, if we can't tell a woman who feels herself as if she's been emotionally cheated on by her fiance to move on, what can we say.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Well, we could say make sure you don't overreact and make any impulsive decisions, take some time to think about this and talk to someone you trust.
     It may very well be a harmless flirtation and now that he knows how she feels,  hopefully he'll nip it in the bud. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Geesh!   Can't a person have some secrets!
       If the poor guy has to explain every detail of every harmless flirtation he engages in, maybe he should find someone else.
        What do you think people (married and single) do in the workplace all day.
     They flirt!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't see any postings by this OP in the relationships forum?  What a nasty thing to say.
       To the OP,  please talk to a close friend or family member or seek professional counseling.  Best of luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

She should seek advice from people that know and care about her, not strangers on the internet IMO.
     If she needs professional counseling she can call her PCP for a referral.
     Nuff said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm just saying we should be cautious about advising people to get rid of a significant other,  we don't know the emotional state or the history of the poster, we don't know if she is strong enough to tolerate a dramatic change or if she has a support system in place.
       PS: Remember, we are only hearing one side of the story.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'll just avoid the relationship forums as I have an aversion to wannabe shrinks.
      I remember the good old days when one could go to a psychiatrist for supportive therapy without being diagnosed with a major mental illness and get some intelligent direction not based on personal experiences and biases.

"Bad advice is worse than no advice at all."       

Sections
Shortcuts