Facebook Nonsense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Facebook Nonsense

Cross-posted from Relationships - Advice

If anyone wants to help me, I'd be grateful.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aLifestyleForum%3a9664Discussion%3a93286069-6fef-42b5-97d1-d982537c8efa

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Facebook Nonsense

"It could have been anything. He might have been a guy caught up in the novelty of an online flirt - and then reality hit."

I considered this, CHC, and was afraid of it. Could be, though. He does have more wimmenz admirers than men. There's an allure to male artists - they're kind of like the rock stars of painting. I hope his interest in me is reignited. For the meantime, though, while I won't be a beyotch and remove him from my list (he's done nothing wrong), I'll admire him from a distance.

"Don't take it personally. You can't 'make' someone like you. If it doesn't work out - that just means that the universe has someone else in mind for you.:"

You are so very kind.

xo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

CHC, that was lovely. :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

RDG you did nothing wrong, but I do agree that letting him do the chasing now is your better bet. Please don't fawn (pun fully intended) over him. It sounds like he has plenty of people who do that, so go ahead and distinguish yourself by nt flattering him at every turn.
    Opening your home to him would have been bad, bad, bad.
    Go and meet him in person when the time comes and see whether there is a real spark.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9ad7f647cedd33b6b9834de63d3267e3&plckUserId=9ad7f647cedd33b6b9834de63d3267e3">
    First: 3/18/2010
    Last: 8/24/2011
    RDG, you did nothing wrong, i think patience is needed here.
    men are major flirts when it comes to texting and IMing. that i've witnessed. but when it comes to actual face time(in this case phone) they're more hesitant.
    but you did have a 2 hour phone convo. so that's encouraging.
    i wouldnt read into anything just yet. i think be patient and see where the cards fall.
    he know you live here, and he's coming to BOS this fall, so, he's bound to get in touch with you sooner than later.
    if you feel there is real chemistry and mutual attraction, then he'll come around.

I hope things work out in your favor... you really seem like a lovely woman...
    best of luck and keep us updated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

I didn't read anything where you may have gone wrong. Agree you shouldn't open your home to him and his manager.

If I understood, you said he contacted you after the phone call and said he was into you. Maybe he just isn't as confident as he seems and he realized things could move forward.

You have always come across as a compassionate, funny, and insightful woman. I think you should be yourself, but wait for him like you plan to. I don't think pushing him is the answer. Who knows, when he comes to town and sees those legs in addition to your other great qualities...

Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

In Response to Re: Facebook Nonsense:
    Men like to flirt with Texting & IM because it is like going to a strip joint, you can get a quick thrill and then go back to having Guy ADD.
    Posted by QuetiePie

I could not find the words when I was posting, but this!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Art is subjective, and 90% of it has been utter garbage since the 80's after that "stick figure" guy ruined the modern genre for decades.  If there are enough dumb groupies to compete for his ADD, then that is probably just a train barreling down the tracks with one missing wheel anyhow.  All of the Arts are just riddled with dysfunctional people anyhow, be careful what you wish for.
    Posted by QuetiePie

Ay de mi! I'm one of them, lol. Smile

Yep, he's got lots of fans, most of them women. And only three of them (myself, and the married couple who share studio/loft space with them) making any comments of value regarding the arts. But he seems gentle enough, and he approves all posts to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

RDG you did nothing wrong, but I do agree that letting him do the chasing now is your better bet. Please don't fawn (pun fully intended) over him. It sounds like he has plenty of people who do that, so go ahead and distinguish yourself by nt flattering him at every turn. Opening your home to him would have been bad, bad, bad. Go and meet him in person when the time comes and see whether there is a real spark.
    Posted by MoVa

Yes, I will do that, MoVa, attend his demo. And only if I don't have a class that evening. I've already had professors who ding you for an unexcused absence, it affects the grade.

I have to be off fb for a bit, anyway. I went from hating it to frequently using it. Not good. He knows he can find me (if he wants) by phone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9ad7f647cedd33b6b9834de63d3267e3&plckUserId=9ad7f647cedd33b6b9834de63d3267e3 " /> backbaybabe Posts: 2057 First: 3/18/2010 Last: 8/24/2011 RDG, you did nothing wrong, i think patience is needed here. men are major flirts when it comes to texting and IMing. that i've witnessed. but when it comes to actual face time(in this case phone) they're more hesitant. but you did have a 2 hour phone convo. so that's encouraging. i wouldnt read into anything just yet. i think be patient and see where the cards fall. he know you live here, and he's coming to BOS this fall, so, he's bound to get in touch with you sooner than later. if you feel there is real chemistry and mutual attraction, then he'll come around. I hope things work out in your favor... you really seem like a lovely woman... best of luck and keep us updated.
    Posted by backbaybabe

Awww shucks, bbb. You make me feel as warm and fuzzy as that puppy in your avatar. Srsly. Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I didn't read anything where you may have gone wrong. Agree you shouldn't open your home to him and his manager. If I understood, you said he contacted you after the phone call and said he was into you. Maybe he just isn't as confident as he seems and he realized things could move forward. You have always come across as a compassionate, funny, and insightful woman. I think you should be yourself, but wait for him like you plan to. I don't think pushing him is the answer. Who knows, when he comes to town and sees those legs in addition to your other great qualities...
    Posted by Trigger11

Ha ha! I just put the boots up on ebay. I wasn't wearing them, and none of my chums wanted them. Thanks though, Trigger. And he did like the pic of the boots.

He's much, much brighter than I am. I honestly don't know how I could keep up.

Time will tell, if it does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Men like to flirt with Texting & IM because it is like going to a strip joint, you can get a quick thrill and then go back to having Guy ADD.
    Posted by QuetiePie

Love it!

He just finished a major piece, and is inviting his fb groupies to his studio to come see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Guy ADD - Perfect, QP! You must copyright it. I love it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Unless he's just looking for patrons - everyone has a right to make a living.

Meh, I'm probably wishful thinking. "Nothing is real until you meet," my late friend always said. And y'all seem to agree. I'll attend his demo if I don't have a class; see if he wants to chat and get chat further after his reception. I'll let you know what happens.

My grateful thanks for your input and kindness.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Yep. Two days of silence on my part, and he wrote me a one-sentence erotic email. ;)

This guy may like playing hard to get.

No coffee in my system yet. Have to think of how to or how not to reply. I'd rather have a phone call from him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Today's comments, in the forums and on LL, are funny.

I like that.

Thanks, QP.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Rein, I think your one mistake was taking his flirtations too seriously.

In my experience, men seem to think it's okay to promise the moon and stars during a casual flirt, knowing they're not serious - but when they hear a woman respond in kind, they take it very seriously and their commitment alarm starts going off.

Men can be very one-sided like that.

You can't really control your heart, nor your brain - just your actions.
    I think you need another distraction or else you'll continue trying to place him in a romantic category, when just to protect yourself he needs to be put in an acquaintance folder.

He lives far away anyway- we all deserve to have a connection here and now, not there and then. Good luck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

His second email to me last night (I turned in early, and didn't see it until this morning), was very kind, encouraging me to be as assertive with him as I wanted to be, in that I should feel free to tell him what's on my mind.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

If a little online flirting gets you going, go for it. Just keep your expectations in check.  Nothing is real until you meet in person.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

My late friend, Dom, always said that. He was a huge fan of online dating, met tons of women that way, but did "keep his expectations in check."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Beautifully-stated, Dimmy.

I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

Fortunately, the couple of weeks ahead, including my typical vacay Labor Day weekend, are consumed with work. Dull, boring, tedious work, the kind I need to pay the bills. Little time for creating art and dreaming.

"all deserve to have a connection here and now, not there and then."

Very nice, Dimmy. Thank you.

Just too bad that he's a sweet man, and not an ijit. The married guy, he was so easy to ignore. (I blocked him, when he wouldn't stop chasing.)

Sections
Shortcuts