Favorite Scene in a Comedy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Favorite Scene in a Comedy

Hey all, what's your favorite comedy, or scene from a comedy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Re: Favorite Scene in a Comedy

There are too many....  

One was from The Cosby Show. Claire and Bill are watching a nature program and the narrator voice over starts describing the male bug rubbing his legs together to indicate he wants to mate.  So Bill starts doing the same to start a little something with Claire.  Then the narrator describes the female bug (preying mantis) biting off the male's head and killing him, deflating Bill's efforts and cause Claire to crack up.

Another was more recent - from The IT Crowd, a British show.  Through a series of mix-ups and such (too long and complicated to explain here) a group of Japanese business are horrified when on a video conference call they see a man urinating into a bathtub.

I remember a fewother "laughing so hard I can't breathe" moments that were induced by Fawlty Towers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

One of my favorites is the old Carol Burnett show where she's playing Scarlett O'Hara and Harvey Korman is playing Rhett Butler.  Its the scene where Scarlett has made a dress out of the drapes from Tara.  Carol Burnett comes sweeping down the stairs in a ballgown that has giant curtain rods extending out about 5 feet from each shoulder.  True to form she hadn't told Harvey about the skit and he's about falling over trying not to laugh out loud. He finally manages to croak out "Scarlett, the dress is divine".  And she replies "Thank you Rhett - I saw it in the window and I had to have it".  At which point he totally loses it.  That was the best variety show on TV.

And yes 2Cent, Fawlty Towers was the best.  Do you know they only made 11 episodes, and that the blond maid was John Cleese's actual wife?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

There were a few moments that had me laughing so hard I literally fell off my seat.

TV - Southpark. The "IT" episode when guest star John Travolta and a few of the regulars were riding the gyroscopic scooter. If you saw the episode you'd understand but it was actually a bit too graphic to describe. It's amazing what cartoons can get away with on TV.

In the movie "The Worlds Greatest Lover" Gene Widler got a record to teach him how to be a great lover and was listening to it a booth in the library. He was acting out what the record told him to do using his suit coat on a hanger as his partner when he realized he was in a glass booth and everyone was watching him.

Also at the theater - in American Pie when Jason Bigss was having an encounter with baked goods in his kitchen and his dad walked in. Even now, years later I break out in laughter when I think of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

The first one that comes to mind for me is the Seinfeld episode (I think its called "The Contest") where they are all seeing how long they can go without treating their bodies like and amusement park (pleasuring themselves).... the best scene is when Kramer, George and Jerry are all watching a beautiful woman across the street from his apartment, and Kramer inconspicuously leaves the room, barges back in a few minutes later and exclaims, "I'm out!" while slapping his money on the counter. 

Priceless.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Mork and Mindy, when Mork is helped by some park rangers and he puts on a over-the-top southern falsetto and vamps a la Blance DuBois: "Ah have ahlways depended upon the kihndness of rangers."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Monty Python, where the mountain climbing expert is interviewing potential climbers for a trip, but he has had a few too many falls and is seeing double, so he's interviewing one guy but acting like two of them are there. It's on youtube.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

The Pink Panther movie where Inspector Clousseau is investigating the murder in the mansion and he jumps on the parallel bars, does a little routine and dismounts, not realizing that the bars are set up next to a flight of stairs.  He just disappears down the stairs and ends up in a coat of armor.  Have to see it to believe it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Obviously, I'm a Python Fan.  I think I'd have to go with the argument sketch as my all time favorite.  "Sorry this is abuse.  You want room 12A, next door.  (Stupid Git)"

Also up there is the black knight scene in the Holy Grail: "It's just a flesh wound!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Rowan Atkinson, when he's trying to post a letter and ends up putting the stamp on his forehead and getting in the letterbox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Oh, too many!

Possibly Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray in What About Bob

I'm SAILING... did you see me sail? Way far away from the dock??

Death therapy, Bob, it's a guaranteed cure!!

If I don't untie...the emotional knots... I'm gonna explode!

Baby Stepping down the stairs...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Blazing Saddles f@rt scene.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rintoo2. Show Rintoo2's posts

I will have to admit, my favorite scene in a comedy has to be the first Madagascar movie, when the penguins do their stealthy move: "You didn't see anything..."  It cracked me up, like 20 times, and I still love it.  Also, I saw the movie on a first date with a guy I liked a lot, so it reminds me of him.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

So many scenes:

Sleeper:  the orb (with Woody Allen's character holding the giant one) and the VW bug in the cave.

Annie Hall:  Woody trying to kill a spider with a tennis racket.

Young Frankenstein:  "What hump?"

The British show Coupling (don't get me started on how bad they translated it to US TV):  The scene where Jeff comes into the bar wearing an S&M mask.  He'd swallowed the handcuff key, and had gone first to a drug store and then to the bar -- to ask which laxative would work the fastest -- the whole time not realizing he has this scary leather mask on.  On man, you have to see that one, it is so funny it hurts hurts hurts.  It hurts just thinking about it now.

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore:  the One-Legged Tarzan Audition and the Frog and Peach Restaurant.  (I've seen some rehashes of this that aren't that funny, but some of the original renditions are hysterical).

Anything Python.  Michael Palin smackin John Cleese with the fish.  The cheese shop sketch.  The Holy Grail spankings "'First me!' 'Then me!'  'And then, the oral sex!'" -- funnier yet when Sir Galahad gets rescued -- "No really, I don't need to be rescued!"  "Yes, you do."  Life of Brian and Gluteous Maximus.

I could go on and on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

**Bump**

Practically any scene from Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story

That movie made me laugh more than any other in recent memory

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Young Frankenstein - the dart game scene.  I laugh just thinking about it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

I can't pick just one. I'd be hard-pressed to settle on a top 20 list. However, several scenes from A Christmas Story would make my list. I love that flick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

The Simpsons Movie; Homer is trying to stop a truck so he can rescue people in the back of it, and paints a ghastly weird imitation of a STOP sign - the wrong shape, crooked paint, and it is spelled 'SOP.'  He puts it out by the road, hoping the driver will stop for it.

The driver pulls to a halt in front of the sign and says, in a totally deadpan voice; "There's something funny about that SOP sign..."

I could not breathe for laughing.

Also, in the Futurama movie Bender's Game, when the surprise dinosaur shows up.  I love surprise dinosaurs.  I think dinosaurs should be in everything.  I was rooting for them in LOST.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation - where the Clark cuts into the turkey and it disintegrates. Gets me every time and the main reason I won't eat turkey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Up in smoke when Cheech Marin gets up to go pee. Unzips it and pees in the hamper.

Maybe you had to watch it stoned?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

We just watched Bus Stop, with Don Powell as the cowboy straight off the ranch and Marilyn Monroe as a "chantoose-y" with a dream of making it to Hollywood. Don and his foreman Virgil (Don Ameche) are headed to Phoenix for a rodeo. When Don gets off the bus he just can't walk for staring and he says: "Never seen so many gals! Must be a hundred head of them." Great rodeo scenes, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

GMV I absolutely love your tag line!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Thanks, JBar. It kind of fits in cyberspace, don't you think? ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Yes GMV it absolutely does!  Will you be coming to the next LL fest?  I'd like to make your acquaintance.