Fun Av Day?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Fun Av Day?

Ok y'all, it's 2am and I've just finished reading all of Wednesday's comments. As I am crushed by missing A-o's return, I plan to tip my cap to our O with a special av in his honor. So... here's my demented boxed kitty, courtesy of the Awesom-One himself! Nice to see you back!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Fun Av Day?

That's so sweet of you! I wish I knew how to do fun things on the computer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Wha???  A-O returned???  I missed it, too :(

Well, since today's letter seems like an easy layup I'll have to read yesterday's comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGuy3076. Show BostonGuy3076's posts

TwoCent,

Was I too harsh on LW today, both pre-update and post?  Isn't the most distressing thing about the letter the writer's obsession with LW's enjoyment in bed and the complete disregard of all the other ramifications of the LW's actions?  The LW's focus is totally on the LW! 

BTW, I love your comment on intimacy.  I've decided intimacy is the most important measure of a relationship's health. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Fun Av Day?:
    [QUOTE]TwoCent, Was I too harsh on LW today, both pre-update and post?  Isn't the most distressing thing about the letter the writer's obsession with LW's enjoyment in bed and the complete disregard of all the other ramifications of the LW's actions?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say since we don't have all the information.  Expressing remorse would have been nice, but I can't tell if the omission was out of selfishness or just an effort to focus on just one question.  Out of all aspects of an affair long-term sexual satisfaction seems minor to me, but maybe the LW is hyperfocusing on that as a way to avoid the larger issues.  And, if she is hyperfocusing on that out of avoidance it could be from selfishness, or it could be that mentally she simply isn't ready yet to look at the larger picture.

I honestly don't know.

So, if she is as narcissistic as you think she is, then I don't think you were too harsh, but I also doubt she'll listen to you since narcissists view themselves with rosy glasses and view to the contrary is invalid ;)

[QUOTE]BTW, I love your comment on intimacy.  I've decided intimacy is the most important measure of a relationship's health. Posted by BostonGuy3076[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I was thinking of telling yesterday's LW that, but by the time I read the blog it was very late in the day so I assumed someone else had covered it.

Sections
Shortcuts