Future New LL Gathering Places

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Future New LL Gathering Places

Anyone read about this one yet?  Sounds promising:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/blogs/99bottles/2011/04/meadhall_craft_beer_restaurant.html

(This is especially for the beer snobs among us - yo, Dread!) ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: Future New LL Gathering Places

In Response to Future New LL Gathering Places:
    Anyone read about this one yet?  Sounds promising: http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/blogs/99bottles/2011/04/meadhall_craft_beer_restaurant.html (This is especially for the beer snobs among us - yo, Dread!) ;-)
    Posted by redwolf68

Oh that beer list sounds YUMMY!!!

I'd love to have a gathering at the Cambridge Brewing Company, too... they have an outdoor patio :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

not to sound snooty or snotty, i know the owner.
    worked with him in the investment arena, before he gave that all up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

In Response to Re: Future New LL Gathering Places:
    WOW.  Red, it's funny that you put this up, I was thinking of making this suggestion too.
    Posted by themikeg

Great minds etc., Mikey. ;-)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

There also a new bar in Somerville called Mipe Ants.  Y'all should try that too.
    Posted by SmashAtoms

And Smash, does it have a friendly barkeep by the name of Heywood Jabuzzoff?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

mikeG, that could be a very good thing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nice-guy-eddie. Show nice-guy-eddie's posts

I know an awesome place. You go half a block down the street and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Inside that Torino is my cousin, Jackie. Tell him that you're my boy, and that you're lost. He'll make sure you get where you're going. You don't want to know from me. I'm not from this neighborhood. I'm from the west side of Chicago, here on vacation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

not to sound snooty or snotty, i know the owner. worked with him in the investment arena, before he gave that all up...
    Posted by backbaybabe

Snob Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I love Cambridge Brewing Co.  They allow dogs on their patio, too...  I used to work next door to this place and a co-worker brought his two Rotties.  It was chaos, but they didn't care...   And the food is pretty good there, too! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I know an awesome place.  You go half a block down the street and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Inside that Torino is my cousin, Jackie. Tell him that you're my boy, and that you're lost. He'll make sure you get where you're going. You don't want to know from me. I'm not from this neighborhood. I'm from the west side of Chicago, here on vacation.
    Posted by nice-guy-eddie

Thank you, Clark Griswold

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

NORTH SHORE! NORTH SHORE!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Posted by TheRealJBar

Thank you, JBar!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoohBear44. Show PoohBear44's posts

Posted by TheRealJBar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PoohBear44. Show PoohBear44's posts

Well that didn't work well.

I'm all for North Shore too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Well that didn't work well. I'm all for North Shore too!
    Posted by PoohBear44

As am I!  Now that I'm even FURTHER north of Boston than I was at the end of last week.  :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Hi LWhitt!

I hope your move went well!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I'm not going anywhere with rottweilers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Possible North Shore meeting places:

The Tap in Haverhill -- brewpub, so fresh beer on the premises.  Also a deck overlooking the Merrimack River.  Bound to be crowded on a weekend, though it is often not too bad if you're there in the early evening.  (They have music later in the evening, so there's less of a crowd early.)  Other advantage --it would take absolutely NO convincing to get my DH to go -- he loves beer.  :)

The Sea Glass in Salisbury -- about as northy and you can get on the north shore, but the setting is so gorgeous -- the restaurant is right on the beach, and they have spot lights on the surf, so even after dark the view of the crashing waves is mesmerizing.

Bradford Tavern in Rowley.  I've heard mixed reviews of the food there (I haven't been there myself), but it's a tavern, which sounds about right for a boisterous LL group.

There are loads of good places in North Andover, but I can't think of many with large bar areas.  Joe Fish is nice, though it would be too crowded on a weekend.  Palmer's in Andover is nice too, and the bar is large, but it also might be too crowded on a weekend -- either place on a Thursday might work.

There's also Hardcover in Danvers -- haven't been there either, but I have heard the #1 advantage of that place is that the service is slow, which is good if you want to have time to talk and not get hustled out.  

Okay, I can't be the only person with ideas -- I don't even get out of the house much, and I came up with a bunch.  C'mon people!  Thinking/Drinking Caps on!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

EES, Palmers gets crowded on Thursdays at times.  They also have live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, so once that starts up (around 8:30pm) it's nigh on impossible to hear anyone.

I've been dying to go to the Seaglass Restaurant - keep promising Mom to take her there; haven't gotten around to it.  Heard it's very good food and drink!

In Newburyport, there's The Grog and David's Tavern.  The Grog could fit a relatively large group in the side restaurant area (if we were eating; otherwise, it's the bar area, and that *does* get crowded).  Not sure how David's could accomodate; their bar is fair-sized, but it does get a lot of regulars as well and we could overwhelm.

The Tap is a great idea - especially since it's close to my workplace.  :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

LWhitt:

I went to SeaGlass for my birthday and I loved it.  Food was great, and you can't beat the view.  They also have a Sunday brunch that I'm going to take my kids to soon.

Newburyport has lots of great places, though they do tend to fill up -- especially in the summer months.  Last time I was at the Grog, the food was not too good, but for drinks and simple appetizers, it would be great.

I'm waiting for JBar to chime in -- as another north-shorer, she ought to have some suggestions, too.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

The Essex River Cruises company offers little party festivals on the beach.

Sections
Shortcuts