Future New LL Gathering Places

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Future New LL Gathering Places

EES, the overall food at The Grog usually isn't up to par.....BUT...you can't beat their burgers with a stick.  Seriously.  Good.  Meat.  Innocent

And the Seaglass brunch is exactly what I want to go to with my Mom - but not this weekend.  She's a wonderful Mom who doesn't like going out on Mother's Day for breakfast/brunch/lunch/linner/dinner on Mother's Day any more than her daughters do (she hates the rush; she hates the half-assed service just as much as we do) so we luck out.  So I'll send her flowers to be delivered tomorrow and take her out another time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Future New LL Gathering Places:
    [QUOTE]EES, the overall food at The Grog usually isn't up to par..... BUT ...you can't beat their burgers with a stick.  Seriously.  Good.  Meat.  And the Seaglass brunch is exactly what I want to go to with my Mom - but not this weekend.  She's a wonderful Mom who doesn't like going out on Mother's Day for breakfast/brunch/lunch/linner/dinner on Mother's Day any more than her daughters do (she hates the rush; she hates the half-assed service just as much as we do) so we luck out.  So I'll send her flowers to be delivered tomorrow and take her out another time!
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

I am SO with you on that one.  It really annoys me that restaurants charge 50%  more for the exact same menu just because it's Mother's Day.  Your mother and I would get along well, I think!

When we went to SeaGlass, I told my husband (more than once 8) ) that I wanted to go there for a M-Day brunch -- except on the weekend before or after.  (This is unusual, because I rarely make specific requests like that.)  Anyway, last week, my DH very excitedly told me he'd made reservations on Mother's Day itself someplace totally different.  Well, gee, on the one hand it's so nice that you're thinking of me dear, but on the other hand, I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher -- everything I say must just sound like "WhawWhawWhawWhawWhaw" to him.  :)   Kinda funny -- also, kinda annoying.  8)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

it's so nice that you're thinking of me dear, but on the other hand, I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher -- everything I say must just sound like "WhawWhawWhawWhawWhaw" to him.  :)

LOL on the CBrown teacher noise he hears.

Good luck this Sunday...Please let us know how the Mom's Day brunch is - wherever you go.  :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Future New LL Gathering Places:
    [QUOTE]it's so nice that you're thinking of me dear, but on the other hand, I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher -- everything I say must just sound like "WhawWhawWhawWhawWhaw" to him.  :) LOL on the CBrown teacher noise he hears. Good luck this Sunday...Please let us know how the Mom's Day brunch is - wherever you go.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's going to be great -- but in the interest of avoiding TMI on a public forum, I'll wait to reveal the location till next week.  (Like I don't already violate TMI on a daily basis here!  hahaha )

I was actually thinking about this don't-go-out-on-Mother's Day/don't-overspend thing recently, because I think I, like a lot of women, put myself last and don't let people treat me very much.  I'm just not that comfortable with it, but I think it sends a bad message to my kids to not put myself first (or let others put me first) more often (ever).  So the frugal part of me says, ack why are we spending extra just cuz it's M-Day, but another part of me says, just accept some pampering already whydontcha?  :)

Anyway, it's brunch, which is my favorite meal, so I am looking forward to it.  Throw in some champagne -- all the better!  ;)