Gathering this Friday night 11/18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peregrinite. Show peregrinite's posts

Re: Gathering this Friday night 11/18

The Guinness was too cold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

In Response to Re: Gathering this Friday night 11/18:
    [QUOTE]Oh now I remember chazz!!  Sorry I have booze brain today  And D-Lo I'm totally holding you to that!  Although I guess Meredith is the one who will be organizing the next big event.  
    Posted by AlyssaJones[/QUOTE]

I am normally very anti-nametag, and I don't know if you've ever done this before, but those "hello my name is" tags with your BDC name and real name might be very helpful....especially for those unlike me who are a little more creative with their BDC names. Although....I can't tell you how many times I introduced myself as Geoff....and got a puzzled look....and then I said G-off......and got the OOOOOhhh...G-off.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

But Geoff is Geoff.

You mean
     people really think it is Gee-off?

Still out of step ...

I swear, being perpetually "not from 'round here" is getting older than God !

FWIW ygren is ee-GRAIN

IRL Annie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

ygren,

In my mind, I always pronounce your name as Ygraine, as in King Arthur's mother.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Sounds like MP was quite popular.

I wonder what kind of reception CharmingSean might've gotten had he shown up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Sean came to the last one Chop and got a fine reception

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

I'm waiting for the biggest, most expansive/expensive LL event ever so I can not show up for that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ygren. Show ygren's posts

RDG probably about right.

My people would pronounce what you wrote as e-Gron-yuh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

[QUOTE]what is this "step of Doom" everyone seems to mention? i mean, i this something i need to watch out for?
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

In your case, it's the Budweiser of Doom!  (giggles and runs)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

[QUOTE]  I met JBar and Monty and had a nice conversation with wizen......I didn't get a chance to meet you DWL, I hope next time! You probably know my husband more (jkjband-jack nicholson), he did the love letters for a long time.
    Posted by chazz508[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it, too, chazz, and I didn't realize your husband was jkjband - the bar was so loud I thought he was the jp-something guy.  I am a huge fan of jkjband and miss his input on the letters!!!  If I'd known, I would have gushed more effusively!! Make him come back!!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

you can hide here.... I guess for a while

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

RDG probably about right.

My people would pronounce what you wrote as e-Gron-yuh.
    ----

I do, too. Smile At least, that's how I learned how the morphology in my Welsh classes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

I had the pleasure of being introduced to chazz and jkj. My humble apologies for not being more engaging. It was right at the moment that we were pushing the capacity of that corner that they were trying to corral us into to to it's limits. I'm so glad you guys joined us, and I look forward to being able to chat more next time.

Great turnout. It was great meeting new faces, and seeing everyone again. Chop, Dimmy, AV, Seebz, the Schlippsters, Jeeps, Sean, McBro, and EVERYONE who couldn't make it, you were missed.

Oh, hell...Did I just make a list?

Shoot me now.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Sal, I was using the Learjet to go to Louisiana - but someone had slashed the tires.  Bummer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

I was googling images of Padma Lakshmi the other day (just for the articles) and then I was like hey, there's sally. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Everyone said they weren't going, then did.  So I went to a hockey game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DancesWithWolves. Show DancesWithWolves's posts

[QUOTE]Define "fine"
    Posted by Lily-[/QUOTE]
    Look in the mirror..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Sorry I couldn't make it to this one.  I would've if I could've - believe me.
    Sounds like you all had a great time - as to be expected.  It's a good LL group.
    I had a 'family event' on Saturday - AND IT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TIMES IN A LONG WHILE WHERE I DIDN'T FALL ASLEEP FACE DOWN IN THE DINNER PLATE in the middle of the dinner celebration (which takes forever for family to forget - go figure). 
    My 'family event' went well - which was important to me.
    I'll make sure I make it to the next LL meet-up.
    WAIT A MINUTE - PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T GOING WENT??? WHY - CAUSE I HAD TO BOW OUT????!!!!! Oh thanks a lot then to THOSE PEOPLE !!
    (just teasing!!!!!! I hope - HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

I make no bones about the fact that I want to attend.  I had planned to, until the Week Without Electricity ate 1/4 of my paycheck heading into the Holidays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

HI SALLY!!!!
    HAAAAA!!!!!!!
    I had to do a lot on Saturday - and I would've been totally useless if I went out with the WILD & CRAZY LL Crowd!
    I miss you Sally!!!!!!