Good for you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Good for you?

After yesterday's letter where there was a lot of (probably much deserved) vitrol spewed out... and hints with what the LW could do with his/herself...what's going on that is good in your life? I mean, it's the new year, why not look on the Brightside.

Me?

* They have strawberries again in our cafe, which is a nice change from bananas as my fruit for breakfast.

* My girlfriend bought me the new Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO, fully knowing that it will make me useless during the week.

* Got an awesome deal for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 via work (under 10 bucks). I wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

* The snow was mostly melted this morning so I didn't slip and slide to work today.

* Everyday I'm shufflin...

* Forgot to add...The Giants are in the Super Bowl.

What about you? What's the good news in your neck of the woods?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

Re: Good for you?

I was finally able to afford a Westie proof pen (about 140sq ft) that the holy living terriers can't escape from (as far as I know) and run around the streets of Richmond. This is of particular importance since one got hit by a car, but he recovered.
    This now allows me to have a patio poured in the backyard.
    Once done, I can resume making my yard beautiful again.
    I am so looking forward to spring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Beginning to renovate my basement to make it a separate apartment which will serve me well in my retirement in a few years. 

I am playing bass more and really enjoying that.

As far as my New Years diet goes, well I haven't gained any weight.

I believe I will get a dog this year. My little guy died 4 years ago and it is time.

I went to the driving range two weeks ago and I am still no longer slicing.

I am envious of CHC. Vietnam sounds very interesting and very exciting. I had an opportunity to go there 42 years ago but I declined.

The Giants are in (and will win) the Super Bowl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellavita29. Show bellavita29's posts

I got an "A" on my thesis, and I will graduate in May. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Nothing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

It felt nice today when I was walking into work.

I'll be going to either Napa Valley,Savannah, GA, or Nashville this spring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

Wow, superv9, good for you.  That's excellent.

One of the things I'm grateful for is I was diagnosed early with it.  My treatments are done and I'm feeling good right now. 

Other things going well are my kids are healthy and seem happy with what they are doing and Jake (jkjband) is still keeping me entertained after all these years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Heh, Bzorn, depending on where you're at, and when you finish, and how much, and if it will have an oven... I might be interested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Someone has shoveled my walks and driveways twice this year.  TWICE!  And I have no idea who it is. 

I'm well on my way to refinancing my house, which should save me enough money to get back to Italy with friend in the spring. 

It's warm outside. 

My new bed is delicious. 

And my job allows me to be involved with all kinds of amazing people at a time when they're in crisis and they constantly wow me with their strength, their grace, and their humanity.  I'm grateful that they allow me in and allow me to help. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Yay Bellavita!  Congratulations!

I refinanced my mortgage which will help me accelerate paying it off.  I also have a new computer that I love, and Mr. Cent and I are still quite happy together :)

Oh, and I love Mr. Cent, too Kiss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you?:
    I got an "A" on my thesis, and I will graduate in May. 
    Posted by bellavita29

Congratulations!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Heh, Bzorn, depending on where you're at, and when you finish, and how much, and if it will have an oven... I might be interested.
    Posted by MrCorvin

It is going to be a couple of years since I work for a construction company so I can get lots done for free but not necessarily on a timely basis. Will have 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, separate entrance and use of a waher and dryer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you? : I'm envious of Bzorn. I want a dog and a basement.  Not necessarily in that order.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

The basement will take a ton of work. And the problem with a pup is that you will almost certainly outlive him and saying goodbye sucks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellavita29. Show bellavita29's posts

Yay Bellavita!  Congratulations! I refinanced my mortgage which will help me accelerate paying it off.  I also have a new computer that I love, and Mr. Cent and I are still quite happy together :) Oh, and I love Mr. Cent, too
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

Thanks TwoCent!  Congratulation on the mortgage and still being happy with Mr. Cent.  It's nice to know that it works sometimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellavita29. Show bellavita29's posts

And Bzorn!  Thanks!

When I found out last week I was so happy.  I almost posted it on the blog but felt silly doing that.  Glad to have an excuse.  I'm still smiling over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to Good for you?:
    After yesterday's letter where there was a lot of (probably much deserved) vitrol spewed out... and hints with what the LW could do with his/herself...what's going on that is good in your life? I mean, it's the new year, why not look on the Brightside. 
    Posted by MrCorvin

This is a great topic...

Well, for starters I'm going to Costa Rica in April for two weeks!  I'm using that trip as motivation to lose some weight and get back in shape.  I don't want to be hiking up some volcano and be huffing and puffing the whole way up!

Also, going to DC for Superbowl weekend for a girls trip... should be interesting 
    (GO PATS)

And I'm dating a really great guy and just had  agreat weekend with him.  Laughing

OH... almost forgot that I am well on my way to learning how to play the violin!  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

OK, something good did happen. There's room in a course I've been trying to enroll in for the past 10 years - seriously. It's been overbooked ever time it's been offered (bi-annually), and now, my turn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angry Granny. Show Angry Granny's posts

That stupid no good son of mine finally got a job!

At stupid Burger King!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosBiggestFan. Show RicosBiggestFan's posts

I am friends with Rico. What could be better than that?

Sections
Shortcuts