Good for you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

Re: Good for you?

This was nice MrCorvin.
    It's nice to share each other's hapiness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wednesday Adams. Show Wednesday Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you?:
    I am friends with Rico. What could be better than that?
    Posted by RicosBiggestFan

Being tied to an ant hill covered in honey?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

This was nice MrCorvin. It's nice to share each other's hapiness.
    Posted by MoVa

Yeah seriously, the last few days on the blog have been like "Are you serious bro? What the fudge!"

Mmmm....Fudge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

What the fudge?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

I am friends with Rico. What could be better than that?
    Posted by RicosBiggestFan

Pretty much everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Learning to trust and love again after going through a divorce.  Who'd a thunk?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

jd:  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you? : Back when I had dogs, I'd get a puppy the day we put one down.  It hurt a lot less to lose a dog with a cute rascal in the house.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

I got that advice from others also but I was never comfortable with that. But it has been awhile so I just may do so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I have two pets I adore (my Westie is a snuggler, and the kitty really loves her).  I went to the gym twice already this week (back on track!  Yay!).  Volunteering for a bunch of things, so I'm distracted as all get out.  My part-time job ended :(  but I do have more time now :)   I have really lovely friends!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nebmatx. Show nebmatx's posts

Lovely topic! 

My good news: total physical recovery of injuries earlier than expected from a major accident. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from porkshop-a-go-go. Show porkshop-a-go-go's posts

I got a new job, and my consulting biz is picking up!

Hooray for good things.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Had the most amazing 1 1/2 hours in a poker game that I have ever had in all my years of playing. Went from being a dime down to a nickel up.

Sadly, with this warm winter, I am now in the midst of my 5th since Xmas. Didn't have a cold for three years prior. What the, hey?

I am now into my first three hours of the day without a cigarette and I am using the patch. Why is this addiction so hard to break? Any advice out there?

But I will beat it, even if it kills those who get to close to me the next few months Tongue out

For those who don't know me, I am the NYer from the Sox and Music forum. Just here looking to expand my horizons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Good for you? : This is a great topic... Well, for starters I'm going to Costa Rica in April for two weeks!  I'm using that trip as motivation to lose some weight and get back in shape.  I don't want to be hiking up some volcano and be huffing and puffing the whole way up! Also, going to DC for Superbowl weekend for a girls trip... should be interesting  (GO PATS) And I'm dating a really great guy and just had  agreat weekend with him.   OH... almost forgot that I am well on my way to learning how to play the violin!  
    Posted by AlyssaJones

Good thing I didn't take the long drive that day. Tongue out

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you? : Hello there! In April, it'll be 11 years since I quit smoking cold turkey. I lucked out that my boyfriend at the time wanted to quit as well, and bars around here were starting to ban smoking. I had tried to quit a couple of times before but it didn't quite click then. It seemed I was trying too hard to make it work, and it didn't. When I did finally quit, it didn't seem all that hard. There were two things I did that helped. I stopped drinking coffee which was probably the thing I enjoyed most with my cigarette. Maybe there are things that you associate with smoking? See if you can alter some of those things in a way to break that connection. There was also a website at the time - trytostop.org - where you could plug in your start date, how mych you smoked, and how much a pack cost, and it would calculate how much you hadn't smoked and how much you had saved since the day you quit. I found that to be a good motivator for me. I really loved smoking. Every now and again, I'll walk behind someone lighting a smoke and it smells so good to me. But I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually craved a cigarette since I quit. You can do it.
    Posted by super9v

Thanks for the response.

Weird thing as this is not my first attempt. I don't associate smoking with eating, drinking, coffee or anything else. The biggest problem is that I enjoy it so much. And the worst part of quitting in that my craving manifests itself in my tastebuds. I know that sounds bizarre, but at over 4 hours and I have this tweaking on the tip of my tongue and it drives me insane. Even bubblegum is not killing it.

I need to quit - that is a lock. I wish they had detox centers and rehab places like they do for drugs. This way I can lock myself in a room for three weeks, detox; talk it out with others going through the same thing and then move forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chattynewgirl. Show chattynewgirl's posts

It's been 13 years since I quit.  I still dream about it sometimes.  But I have only had 3 cigarettes during those 13 years--I'm not a moderate person, so I can't occasionally smoke.  With me it's all or nothing.  I changed my addiction to Cinnamon Altoids and popped one every time I had a craving.  I bought a travel tooth brush and brushed my teeth when I wanted a cigarette (a dozen times a day--I'll bet my dentist appreciated that 6 month period).  I also added up what I had spent in the last year.  This was most powerful, it added up to a trip to Europe.  Now (I was a 2-pack a day smoker), it would be two trips--or more luxury. 
    Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.  Remember it's one day at a time.  If you slip, it doesn't mean you are a smoker again, it just means you smoked once.  Keep going!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It's been 13 years since I quit.  I still dream about it sometimes.  But I have only had 3 cigarettes during those 13 years--I'm not a moderate person, so I can't occasionally smoke.  With me it's all or nothing.  I changed my addiction to Cinnamon Altoids and popped one every time I had a craving.  I bought a travel tooth brush and brushed my teeth when I wanted a cigarette (a dozen times a day--I'll bet my dentist appreciated that 6 month period).  I also added up what I had spent in the last year.  This was most powerful, it added up to a trip to Europe.  Now (I was a 2-pack a day smoker), it would be two trips--or more luxury.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.  Remember it's one day at a time.  If you slip, it doesn't mean you are a smoker again, it just means you smoked once.  Keep going!!!!
    Posted by chattynewgirl

Thanks - Day 2 and moving on. When the craving hits, I close my eyes and take 10 deep breaths. I was a more than a pack and up to two packs depending the course of events for the day. I rid myself of menthol's 6 months ago in hopes that this day would follow. I had no chance of quitting smoking if still on menthol's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you? : Thanks - Day 2 and moving on. When the craving hits, I close my eyes and take 10 deep breaths. I was a more than a pack and up to two packs depending the course of events for the day. I rid myself of menthol's 6 months ago in hopes that this day would follow. I had no chance of quitting smoking if still on menthol's.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hang in there jessy. It does get easier each day. My poison was Newports. I quit 19 years ago after smoking for 27 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Good for you? : Hang in there jessy. It does get easier each day. My poison was Newports. I quit 19 years ago after smoking for 27 years.
    Posted by bzorn22

Thanks - I just fear for my bosses life. If he aggravates me over the next couple of weeks, I may just choke him out.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wow.  Newports and Kools?  That's ghetto! For anyone sill trying to quit: try " Chantix ".  It works.  I have known people who smoked for 25+ years, totally failing at quitting, and this stuff was the first thing that ever worked.
    Posted by QuetiePie

Chantrix has worked for many people - for me, it only put evil thoughts in my head. Had to stop taking them in a very short time.

Anyone who tries chantrix must do so under a Dr's care and be honest with themselves.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts