Governor of Love Letters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Governor of Love Letters

Just for fun and to keep any conversations about this season's election choices light-hearted, let's elect someone to serve as Governor of Love Letters for a short and drama-free term of a day or a week or until they get bored with it.
    Post your nominations here and before Nov. 2, we'll make a poll with the top three choices.  You can nominate 3 people.  A Democrat, a Republican and an Independent.

I nominate:

JBar - Dem
    Lily - Rep
    valentino - Ind

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Re: Governor of Love Letters

those are great choices

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

i agree with the nominations, so it will be a rolling rule?

other parties:
    Libertarian
    Green

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiceyMcNiceynice. Show NiceyMcNiceynice's posts

I love fake elections!
    What a nice idea!
    Can I set up a fourth party?
    I'd love to represent the Nice Party!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Cool!  I'll be an excellent governor, should I win this election!  My platform is, of course, free beer and skittles for everyone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

If I run, I promise free beer and limes for everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

PC, sre you trying to buy this election? Who's your running mate?  I hear Paul Loscocco's available.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Governor of Love Letters:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Massachusetts Republican and very open minded socially.  Just to clarify so as not to upset my friend RDG.
    Posted by Lily87[/QUOTE]

Tee hee Laughing

I'm voting all three, they can take on their specialties. Or, according to our proto-ancestors, one will represent justice (common sense to give to the crazy LWs); the other martial skill (to protect us from the trolls); the third, fertility (making sure we're all, uhm, satisfied in our own loving GC ways!).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a Massachusetts Republican and very open minded socially.  Just to clarify so as not to upset my friend RDG.
    Posted by Lily87[/QUOTE]

So YOU'RE the other one! I heard a rumour there was someone else in the party. Pleased to meet you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I am an Independent.  My vote generally goes to whichever candidate has better grammar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Ooo!!!  A fake election!!!

I shall vote early and often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Perhaps Rico and his bicycle can be the Green candidate?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hsmbs. Show hsmbs's posts

Can I vote for Lily and PC with an absentee ballot?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I am an Independent.
    BUT
    Val is an "Independent".
    BUT
    I want to vote "Republican".
    BUT
    I owe JBar who's a "Democrat" a favor.

I'll have to think about this and see what my important issues are and which party thinks MY ISSUES are important and will do something about it.

P.S. Whoever offers me a job with $300,000.00 or more a year gets my vote.  I am an equal opportunity Opportunity - SHOW ME THE $$$$$$$$ MONEY!

Carry on about the ballets........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I just want a chance to use the word gubernatorial.

My vote will depend on whichever candidate seems the most gubernatorial....or who will make the best gubernator.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Oh really?  You're upping the ante?  Fine!  I'm offering single malt scotch and hash brownies.  And not only will daily LL postings not be illegal in my administration, daily posters will actually get a tax break.  I have selected my running mate (ReindeerGirl) and my Attorney General will be CHC.  Take that, Republican challengers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]My vote will depend on whichever candidate seems the most gubernatorial....or who will make the best gubernator.
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views[/QUOTE]

So in lieu of a gubernatorial debate we should have the candidates engage in a Goober eating contest?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oh, wait - mai tais?

Okay, there are three ways to win my vote; impeccable syntax, a hot uniform or mai tais.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

I am an impeccable speller and will offer mai-tais and large quantities of cooked meat.

Lily and I have decided to join forces and run as the 'Taco Ticket'. Our compaign manager Jeeps will be airing commercials soon that will explain our platform and our plans for the future.

I'm PowerCord and I approve this message.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I can be swayed by mai tais and medium rare lamb chops.

However, foie gras and truffles will carry more weight.  I can make my own mai tais and lamb chops.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustQ. Show JustQ's posts

I can't resist making an appearance.  Pretty haikus do not equal sound governance.  Q endorses JBar all the way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'm gentle, Lily, I swear!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Wait, Lily's pulling a Loscocco on PC and is joining team RDG and JBar?  Woohoo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Hi Q!  Thanks for the ringing endorsement!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

*This is a fake political advertisement*

She's at it again.  JBar has been terrorizing neighborhoods for years.  Every October she and her evil subordinate minions flood the streets with cavity inducing chocolates and treats and force innocent children to walk home with bags of sugary, tooth rotting snacks. She has even been seen at fancy dinners with Dentists. These poor children are so embarrassed they have to hide behind masks.
    Stop the madness.
    Vote Lily.

I'm PowerCord and I approve this message.

Sections
Shortcuts