Happy Valentine's Day to all the LL lovelies!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Happy Valentine's Day to all the LL lovelies!

Hope you all have a great Valentine's day

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Re: Happy Valentine's Day to all the LL lovelies!

Happy Valentines Day to you JD!

Also, I want to vote twice on your poll, because it's a love/hate holiday for me.

I LOVE the idea of a day dedicated to love! Love for family, for friends, for pets, for coworkers, and yes, for significant others.  Even if you say it and show it throughout the year, there's something festive about a day dedicated to such a positive emotion that manifests in so many great ways.

BUT, I hate the commercialization, the emphasis needing 'a valentine' (can't everone I love be my valentines?), and the anger and negativity that the single folks have on a day like today. That's missing the point, and it's unnecessarily magnifying lonliness.  I love you ALL!

(Stepping off my heart-shaped soap box now)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

naturalginger wrote:
    I LOVE the idea of a day dedicated to love! Love for family, for friends, for pets, for coworkers, and yes, for significant others.  Even if you say it and show it throughout the year, there's something festive about a day dedicated to such a positive emotion that manifests in so many great ways.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thanks naturalginger.  I love how you put that.  It's just a nice day to say, "hey, i think you are special."  I think since I've had two daughters, I like this holiday even more.  I love giving them flowers on Valentine's day and see their eyes light up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Mixed bag for me - I love having a sweet fun Valentine - even if I don't have one this year.  I dislike the competitive, obligatory and mercenary features of the holiday - those don't have anything to do with love. 

Enjoy your day, however you choose to spend it! Surprised

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Back at'cha, CHC!

We just arrived back from a month-long trip and had our Valentine's dinner at the Legal's at Logan...after a day of flying seated in different rows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Can you make a third choice?

I'm ambivalent about it

Cuz frankly I really don't care one way or another. Dont love it, dont hate it. Doesnt make me cringe and doesn't make me jump for joy.

Sections
Shortcuts