Having Technical Difficulties?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Having Technical Difficulties?

I found out my comments are being timestamped one hour earlier than when I am submitting them. I had to go back into the blog to find them. It also appears some comments are missing at the beginning and probably in between.

Is anybody noticing the same or similar or different behavior?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

Re: Having Technical Difficulties?

I first predict Seebell will respond, “TESTING TESTING!!! I tried to comment to the LW 1/2 hour ago - AND NOTHING I TYPE IS APPEARING??? Now I forgot the advice I gave to her. Am I on probation OR detentions or something???? Is this some kind of HALLOWEEN TRICK ON ME THE SEEBZ?? Anyone else having technical problems - IS IT A SELECT FEW OF US??? Are we OR I not wanted???” 

I also predict geoffmc4 will say, “I had this problem this morning on Friday's OT. I was using Internet explorer. I switched to Firefox and it fixed the problem, but it may or may not work for you.”

I will respond by saying, “SEEBZ, just us cool kids seem to be affected. Your post is there. I read it! Also, I can't change browsers as I am at work and have no administrative privileges. DOD is like that!”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

TESTING TESTING!!!
    I tried to comment to the LW 1/2 hour ago - AND NOTHING I TYPE IS APPEARING??? Now I forgot the advice I gave to her.
    Am I on probation OR detentions or something????
    Is this some kind of HALLOWEEN TRICK ON ME THE SEEBZ??
    Anyone else having technical problems - IS IT A SELECT FEW OF US???
    Are we OR I not wanted???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I give up......
    How come my comment came up on HERE and not for the LL blog of the LW for today......
    Oh well ' HAPPY HALLOWEEN' everyone......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

In Response to Re: Having Technical Difficulties?:
    [QUOTE]I give up...... How come my comment came up on HERE and not for the LL blog of the LW for today...... Oh well ' HAPPY HALLOWEEN' everyone......
    Posted by Seebell[/QUOTE]

It is there. Just go back about an hour from when you actually posted it! Look at the timestamp on your post in here!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

I had this problem this morning on Friday's OT. I was using Internet explorer. I switched to Firefox and it fixed the problem, but it may or may not work for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I can't change browsers as I am at work and have no administrative privileges. DOD is like that!
    Posted by Trigger11[/QUOTE]

Well, that is a problem. I dunno...it seems like some systems may have jumped the gun on the whole "fall back" thing, but I could be wrong too.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

[QUOTE]I first predict Seebell will respond, “ TESTING TESTING!!! I tried to comment to the LW 1/2 hour ago - AND NOTHING I TYPE IS APPEARING??? Now I forgot the advice I gave to her. Am I on probation OR detentions or something???? Is this some kind of HALLOWEEN TRICK ON ME THE SEEBZ?? Anyone else having technical problems - IS IT A SELECT FEW OF US??? Are we OR I not wanted???”   I also predict geoffmc4 will say, “ I had this problem this morning on Friday's OT. I was using Internet explorer. I switched to Firefox and it fixed the problem, but it may or may not work for you.”   I will respond by saying, “SEEBZ, just us cool kids seem to be affected. Your post is there. I read it! Also, I can't change browsers as I am at work and have no administrative privileges. DOD is like that!”
    Posted by Trigger11[/QUOTE]

SEEBZ SAYZ: HOW'D YOU DO THAT TRIGGER!!!! YOU ARE A 'MAGIC MAN'!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

TAKE A PILL

thanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I took two.  I shall call you in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

This is really frustrating.  Its such a good topic for a change, too!  

I will send the Minotaur  a message.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I can't install Firefox or Chrome.  Well, I could, but then the IT Security Bots would find the installation and send me nastygrams to uninstall them.

*sigh*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

And as of today (11/1), if I try to connect to the full site, I am being redirected to the mobile site no matter what I do.  On the mobile site, I can't see or write any comments.  BDC/BG/NYT people are not making me happy.  But hey, it's a business decision about a free site on their part.  It's not like they owe me access...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

I am taking this personally.

I'm preparing to unleash the fury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

[QUOTE]And as of today (11/1), if I try to connect to the full site, I am being redirected to the mobile site no matter what I do.  On the mobile site, I can't see or write any comments.  BDC/BG/NYT people are not making me happy.  But hey, it's a business decision about a free site on their part.  It's not like they owe me access...
    Posted by TubThumper[/QUOTE]

That should have read ...on my iPhone, if I try to connect...

I think that some of the technical difficulties I am encountering lately are ocurring between the chair and the keyboard...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Release....the Kaptain!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Having Technical Difficulties? : SEEBZ SAYZ: HOW'D YOU DO THAT TRIGGER!!!! YOU ARE A 'MAGIC MAN'!!!!!!
    Posted by Seebell[/QUOTE]

That's what SEEBZ said!Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Acute Girl. Show Acute Girl's posts

Okay! So my comments are somehow timestamped one hour too soon? Last time I was here, everyone was fighting and being mean. Now I log back in and I can't even partake in the fun (or fighting).

Cry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Ugghhhh! 2:23pm site has a mind of it's own today!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

[QUOTE]It's still happening, and it shouldn't require people to install different web browsers. It happens to me randomly.  I've been posting in the past and in the present for days now. The morons are boston.com keep coming up with excuses, but I honestly think that this is an attempt to disrupt communication within the comment sections. They seriously look down upon comments on their website, and I feel that is almost part of the reason that they created this splintered off pay site. This is a simple fix, but they can't seem to do it. Either they are grossly incompetent or they are doing this on purpose to disrupt the flow of conversation on their website.
    Posted by WrongestWay[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to be an apologist, but I can empathize with the position the Boston.com IT staff must be in right now.

It is definitely incumbent upon their IT staff or whomever is responsible for site operations to lean on Demand Media/Pluck to get this fixed, but this is probably not an issue with their "incompetence".  The IT people can't fix the problem if it's not on their servers - they need to have their management lean on the service provider.

Let me furthermore say that berating technical support staff is not a good way to get better service.  I'm in that type of position every day.  Sometimes things are just beyond IT and operations' control, no matter how much you yell and scream.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.