holy. carp.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

holy. carp.

My post may get removed on the main LL page because there's a link in it, so I wanted to post it here:

holy carp, people. Have any of you seen this? http://www.observer.com/2011/12/new-york-investment-banker-sends-1615-word-email-re-you-leading-him-on-during-your-date-together/

Mer, I think you need to contact this guy and offer him some serious advice. Or therapy. Or a straight jacket...

wow. just wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hsmbs. Show hsmbs's posts

Re: holy. carp.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a real email from a real person.  It reminds me of those parodies when a writer spoofs mass-printed "Family Christmas card Letters", like "we have had such an exciting year in 2011 starting with Bernie's disclosure of his Ponzi scheme"... Could a guy actually be this blind to how ridiculous and creepy an email like this would seem?  Scary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

How does he make all those millions if he's spending all his time Googling his dates?

Why is the man in the stock photo holding a hair dryer?

It was a good laugh. I hope it's untrue. If it's true, it's a really great warning on dating strangers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

seriously.

sad thing is, it's probably real.

he makes Patrick Bateman seem normal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Whether it's real or not, I've never understood why people demand an aoplogy from somebody.  If an apology is only given after a demand, what's it worth?  Why would you care, especially if it's somebody you're never going to see again? 
    People are nuts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

agree, McRob. Unless they want an insincere apology, in which case, what's the point.

Also, he really seems to think that she might still be interested in going on a second date with him, even after the batshite crazy email...

I better be careful with making eye contact with men from now on, less I be construed as a harlot trying to get in everyone's pants...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Wow, what a freak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

In Response to Re: holy. carp.:
    [QUOTE]I better be careful with making eye contact with men from now on, less I be construed as a harlot trying to get in everyone's pants...
    Posted by ItalianIce84[/QUOTE]

Well there's actually some truth to that.  I have a friend who's beautiful, friendly, flirtatious, and she likes to meet people.  On more than on occaision she's met a man in a bar, shared drinks and conversation, and then been accused of being a tease because she won't go home with him.  I totally agree with her that it's an unfair expectation and an unfair accusation, but I've also tried to tell her that fair or not, that's reality.  Some men perceive any sort of friendliness as  sexual interest or more and I guess you ladies just have to be aware of that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

ItalianIce, 

Thanks for posting this link. I needed a good laugh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

hahah or a good cringe, AV!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

that hairdryer almost looks like a staple gun. psycho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

ItalianIce,

This touched upon some of the conversation on yesterday's blog that there are psycho &/or complicated men out there too which women are usually accused of being which is why I laughed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

In Response to Re: holy. carp.:
    [QUOTE]that hairdryer almost looks like a staple gun. psycho
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

Actually, It's a pneumatic nail gun (of the "Grip-Rite" brand from the looks of it...).

He's gonna nail her tonight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

People are so ridiculous.  I can't even stop laughing long enough to be snide.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summa-baby-bumma. Show summa-baby-bumma's posts

I will never twirl my hair again. Or even touch it. Maybe I should shave it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

McDinkus.. is this you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

I twirl my hair all the time.  Ladies love it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I hate cupcakes. Show I hate cupcakes's posts

"If you do want to go out with me, then you should let me know."

omg dying

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I read it before it got yanked and it's gotta be fake - although it was a hoot!

And now that I think of it, there probably are people (not just guys) out there like that to some degree

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ursulagirl. Show Ursulagirl's posts

But is it the $25 variety or the $10,000 variety?

Sections
Shortcuts