Hot Humid Hump Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from drinky. Show drinky's posts

Re: Hot Humid Hump Day

Hey Peeps! I'm here! My boss is monitoring me like crazy lately so I haven't been able to get on and chat.  But she is no where to be found at the moment so I'm here for a bit.  

I've missed you crazy kids. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Hi Drinky!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day:
    In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day : i know, where has drinky been??? miss that girl and for that matter, where has Lwhitt been, Dread? Bruins? Michelle? looks like lots o peeps fell by the wayside
    Posted by backbaybabe

Myself included, B3?  I've been having connection issues lately - just today, Comcast decided to let me fulfill my need for (modem) speed!  It's no fun trying to read the blog and the threads here when it takes longer than dial-up does to refresh pages (and you constant get IE telling you it can't display the webpage, or "Oops, this link appears broken!" - ach...).

Nevertheless, it's good to be here...hi, all!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

My apartment wouldn't go below 90 last night. I tried to sleep skyclad on my deck (you think I'm joking...but I'm not), but the mosquitoes got to me so I ended up on the floor of my bedroom. Around 2 AM, I had gotten to sleep. 2:15 rolled around and three drunk idiots started fighting outside my window and woke me up. Upon being awoken at 4:45 AM by my first alarm, I discovered that I'd slept on my neck wrong. Lying in my real bed until my 6 AM alarm helped, but I'm still a little sore. All in all, I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night. My GI disorder is not finding this funny, and I'm alternating between sitting at my desk with my head in my hands, shaking as I try to make my body STOP IT, and having panic attacks because I'm scared to ask to go to the restroom again. [/TMI complaining] Hi. I love you all. <3 Lily, I am so jealous that you get to see Dread.
    Posted by trickycrayon

Oh, Tricky, I do feel your pain.  There was no relief in our place last night, either.  I've been running the A/C in the living room all morning because I really want to go in there, lay down on the couch and read or relax.  You know it's bad when it's too hot to sleep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Hi Red!  I was wondering where you'd gone to.  I thought maybe you'd gotten a job that took you away from us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Hey Red!!

iwas wondering also where you went... gald the connection is up and running

how was weekend with inlaws?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

2Cent:  I did go for a training class in the job that I got the short-notice interview yesterday.  It was my impression that the company who needed people didn't really have their sh!t together too well - I got the call, again on short notice, that I would be in the training class at 10 am.  I drove out to Bedford, which wasn't too bad as it was I-95 off-peak, took the class, did some of the work, which was stultifyingly boring.  Total Clerical called me this morning to say that the company felt my productivity "wasn't quite what they were looking for," so I wouldn't be going back.  I'm hoping now that I'll get the job at the Department of Unemployment - I just have to wait on the CORI background check to come back, and I should be OK.  I'd rather take the train to work, and the DOU job paid a little better, anyway.  (On a positive note, I'm getting paid for that 4-hour training session.)

B3, weekend was nice, although my wife's stepfather has a tendency toward grumpiness that can grate on your last nerve.  One of my biggest pet peeves is backseat drivers, and he was doing that - I really had to keep from turning around and decking him, or getting out of the car and saying "Would you like to drive?"  We had a great view of the fireworks on Sunday night, though - not just Salem, but also Marblehead, Beverly and (I think) Manchester - from the seawall just a couple blocks from the house.  We had a great little lobster dinner on the Fourth, too - my wife now wants to make it our little tradition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Knot:

You must have never been deemed perty enough to be a receptionist if you don't empathize with the pain of waiting for someone to cover the desk for you simply so you can avail yourself of the facilities. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

They stopped that nonsense at my last job, after I spent four days in the hospital with a kidney infection.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

But they have wireless phones and wireless computers now. Surely someone could create a wireless switchboard.  She could take it with her to the ladies:

Tricky: Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call?
    Caller: Mr. Smith, please.
    Tricky: May I ask who is calling?
    Caller: Jane Doe, from Sprockets & Sprockets.
    backbround noise of a flushing toilet
    Tricky: Just one moment, please hold while I transfer your call.
    Caller: Did I just hear... (put on hold)
    Tricky: Mr. Smith?  I have Jane Doe on line 1.
    more toilet flushing, followed by water running from the sink
    Mr. Smith: I got it.
    Tricky; Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call?
    Caller2: Amanda Jones, please.  This is Michael Jaeger.
    sounds of bathroom vending machine vending
    Tricky: Thank you.  Please hold while I transfer you to Ms. Jones.
    toilet flushes, sounds of women in heels entering.  Stall door slams shut.
    Tricky: Ms. Jones?  I have a Micheal Jaeger on line 2 for you.
    Ms. Jones:  Thank you.  I'll take it.
    Tricky: Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call?
    Caller3: Mr. Coyote please?
    background chatter of women talking while grooming themselves
    Tricky: May I ask who's calling?
    Caller3: Mr. Runner, from the Southwest Conservation Society.
    Tricky: Thank you.  Please wait while I put you through.
    Tricky: Mr. Coyote?  I have Mr. Runner from the Southwest Conservation Society on line 3 for you.
    Mr. Coyote: Thanks, Tricky. Which line was that?
    Tricky: #3.
    Other Ladies Room Occupant: (horrified) #3?  OMG!  What is that???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

They stopped that nonsense at my last job, after I spent four days in the hospital with a kidney infection.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Oooooooh... That's awful!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Ugh.  If I asked my boss permission to use the loo he'd probably ask HR to have a chat with me about creating an unpleasant work environment.  And he'd start ducking my calls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Twocent, that was BRILLIANT.  What is #3?  hee hee

Yeah, I had IV antibiotics and morphine and everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

Knot: AC ups the electric bill, though. :( I am considering it, since I have a friend with a couple extra units, and I could just use it at night.

And regarding the get-up-and-go thing...yeah...I could do that if I was in sales (which I am right now). However, the whole receptionist thing (which I do for most of the day) means I can't...ever...leave the desk. And it stinks. And it way ups the anxiety factor, which makes my disorder behave worse...vicious cycle, etc.

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. <3 the go-home-sick suggestions were a nice thought, but my car's in the garage. However, my totally sweet co-worker let me borrow his car on my lunch break, so I headed to my parents' (10 minutes away from work, vs. 30 minutes to my apartment) and took a short nap. I'm feeling worlds better now.

TwoCent...I love you <3 I needed that giggle! The sales guys have wireless headsets, and I don't, for some reason...

My disorder is very manageable, normally...this morning I was just in horrible discomfort and medication wasn't helping and blehhhh it was not fun. That doesn't happen often, though.

...SO HOW'S EVERYONE ELSE lol. Chatting, I bet...which I can't do because I'm taking calls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I can't chat, either.  An alarm goes off in the building, and HR shows up with big truncheons.

I am processing broker/dealer name changes.  Booooriiiiiiiing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Aw, yay, I made Tricky giggle! :)  Your lack of sleep probably just strained your body too much which made things unmanageable.  Yays for your sweet co-worker, tho!  Very nice!

I am squinting at text on the screen in order to analyze itty bitty differences between two processes so I can make the appropriate adjustments.  For some, this would be hell.  For me, it's a living.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

There is a broker/dealer named Dinosaur Securities, and another one named Man Financial.  I just shrug. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I'll pay for the electricity and buy some Kraft Macaroni & Cheese instead of steak... Have you ever noticed that no matter that you've made it nine thousand times, you always read the directions? 
    Posted by Knotdefined

Yes!  For some reason I need confirmation that I'm adding a half stick of butter.  But now they've gone and tried to make it healthy by reducing the butter amount.  Silliness.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Yes!  For some reason I need confirmation that I'm adding a half stick of butter.  But now they've gone and tried to make it healthy by reducing the butter amount.  Silliness.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

I can never remember if it's 1/4 or 3/4 cup of milk...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

WtW: It's a 1\4 C of milk, but I never measure it.  I just put a little in at a time until I have the right consistency.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Courtesy of Boston.com posting summertime cocktails:

The Sexy Cougar http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/nightlife/gallery/summerdrinks10?pg=8

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

What the H is a truncheon?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

A billyclub.  A nightstick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Courtesy of Boston.com posting summertime cocktails: The Sexy Cougar http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/nightlife/gallery/summerdrinks10?pg=8
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

i saw that and how befitting.... sounds oh sooooo yummy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

ARGH!

Someone just run my posts through Google translator for me, please.