Hot Humid Hump Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Re: Hot Humid Hump Day

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day:
    I like the idea of gangsta rap making one a suburban outlaw.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

We "Suburban Gangsta Rap Outlaws" are a dangerous breed, BEWARE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6216M9LSw

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Thank you for asking McBostonRob.  I was afraid to.
    Posted by Lily87

it's a good thing you didn't Google it ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheClubman. Show TheClubman's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day : i saw that and how befitting.... sounds oh sooooo yummy
    Posted by backbaybabe

Yeah, but "Combine and let sit for two days before serving."

What the...??? I want a drink in a minute or two... not Friday!

Well, I'll have one Friday too, but I don't want to have to make it today...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

ooh!

Hi new guy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day : Yeah, but "Combine and let sit for two days before serving." What the...??? I want a drink in a minute or two... not Friday! Well, I'll have one Friday too, but I don't want to have to make it today...
    Posted by TheClubman

oh sooo true Clubman... who the heck wants to wait 2 days for a good cocktail.... NOT this one!!!!
    serve em up!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Curmudgeon is like truncheon!  And bludgeon and pigeon!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Pigeons are rats with wings....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

They are Barred Rock Doves.  They don't transmit Bubonic Plague, they don't pee on your countertops, and they don't sleep in your basement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

With all those Pigeons around, I don't ever want to hear homeless people complain about being hungry!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

You have to pre-make the Sexy Cougar two days ahead???

*thinks about it*

Well, it's not like real life sexy cougars were born yesterday...  Some things re worth waiting for ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

But they have wireless phones and wireless computers now. Surely someone could create a wireless switchboard.  She could take it with her to the ladies: Tricky: Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call? Caller: Mr. Smith, please. Tricky: May I ask who is calling? Caller: Jane Doe, from Sprockets & Sprockets. backbround noise of a flushing toilet Tricky: Just one moment, please hold while I transfer your call. Caller: Did I just hear... (put on hold) Tricky: Mr. Smith?  I have Jane Doe on line 1. more toilet flushing, followed by water running from the sink Mr. Smith: I got it. Tricky; Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call? Caller2: Amanda Jones, please.  This is Michael Jaeger. sounds of bathroom vending machine vending Tricky: Thank you.  Please hold while I transfer you to Ms. Jones. toilet flushes, sounds of women in heels entering.  Stall door slams shut. Tricky: Ms. Jones?  I have a Micheal Jaeger on line 2 for you. Ms. Jones:   Thank you.  I'll take it. Tricky: Good afternoon, ACME, Inc., how may I direct your call? Caller3: Mr. Coyote please? background chatter of women talking while grooming themselves Tricky: May I ask who's calling? Caller3: Mr. Runner, from the Southwest Conservation Society. Tricky: Thank you.  Please wait while I put you through. Tricky: Mr. Coyote?  I have Mr. Runner from the Southwest Conservation Society on line 3 for you. Mr. Coyote: Thanks, Tricky. Which line was that? Tricky: #3. Other Ladies Room Occupant: (horrified) #3?  OMG!  What is that ???
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

ROFLMAO!  That's hysterical, 2Cent, I can just imagine it... :-)  Oddly enough, I was a receptionist/file clerk on my first job with the New York State DOH, and I had a wireless headset, but it was totally worthless more than 100 yards or so from my desk.  Worse, nobody could ever tell when I was on the phone or not!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Knot: AC ups the electric bill, though. :( I am considering it, since I have a friend with a couple extra units, and I could just use it at night. True - and you're the one who has to pay it.  For me, it was an easy decision.  I'll pay for the electricity and buy some Kraft Macaroni & Cheese instead of steak... Have you ever noticed that no matter that you've made it nine thousand times, you always read the directions? 
    Posted by Knotdefined

Agreed...as long as the rent is paid, I'll take one for the team and pay the higher bill to National Grid.  Everything has a price anyway...but what price peace of mind/comfort of body?

And yeah, I *still* read the directions on the Mac'n'Cheese box.  What's up with that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Pigeons are rats with wings....
    Posted by backbaybabe

But they won't mug you for your clam strips (unlike seagulls). :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Knot: You must have never been deemed perty enough to be a receptionist if you don't empathize with the pain of waiting for someone to cover the desk for you simply so you can avail yourself of the facilities. :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

It's awful. That was actually the only thing I hated about being a receptionist. I just really think it's no-one's business when you have to go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Hey, Peeps! Had to cover the boss lady at work yesterday and today, but I'll be playing on the blog with y'all ALL DAY tomorrow and Friday! WoofreakinHoo. Hard to believe it's been cooler here than there...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheClubman. Show TheClubman's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day : oh sooo true Clubman... who the heck wants to wait 2 days for a good cocktail.... NOT this one!!!! serve em up!!
    Posted by backbaybabe

You, on the other hand... :o

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trickycrayon. Show trickycrayon's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Humid Hump Day : ROFLMAO!  That's hysterical, 2Cent, I can just imagine it... :-)  Oddly enough, I was a receptionist/file clerk on my first job with the New York State DOH, and I had a wireless headset, but it was totally worthless more than 100 yards or so from my desk.  Worse, nobody could ever tell when I was on the phone or not!
    Posted by redwolf68

I have this nifty thing that shows me who's on the phone. It's pretty sweet. Still don't know why I don't have a headset, though, when 90% of the time if the phone rings I'm in the middle of doing something else...

reindeergirl, I know. Ugh.

Sections
Shortcuts