How did YOU discover LL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Re: How did YOU discover LL?

In Response to Re: How did YOU discover LL?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did YOU discover LL? : You are a lady, JBar. A Lady with a capital L.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks RDG!  Please come to the next LL fest.  I HAVE to meet you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

I miss a lot of the old timers.  Frankenstien (sic) if you are still lurking, I miss you a LOT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

oooooookay, light shines on marblehead!  now i get it about the first couple - letter and rebuttal kind of thing right away, now it all makes sense.  very cute story indeed.  kind of like me and wsr although we've never really met and he/she/it doesn't acknowledge i exist!  i'm sure there must be more than a few LL couples out there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Thanks for sharing that story, Gracelan. I love it. The nice current relationship is great, but I particularly like the part about reading all these letters and realizing that your bf at the time was even more bizarre than the people in the letters. That's funny on the surface of it, but so revealing about what we learn about ourselves as we read and comment. LL is catalytic, in a funny sort of way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I love the LL First Couple story(ies).  :-)  And I'm quite impressed that a lurker had the cojones to Email a regular without jumping into the fray first.  We (those of us who are single) should aspire to be so brave.  :-)

I do believe that fits into the LL "Set-Up" Category, yes?

And I broke up laughing at Smashy's "My initial post was a joke aimed at all the folks in OT, and BBB told me to piss-off.   Politely.  :)"

That's our BBB.  ;-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I love your story, Gracelan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE] I suppose I will throw my hat in the ring too... I was a lurker back in the early days of 2009, back when I was in project lull at work.  I used to follow all the regulars (JBar, Alice, and Sally were my favorites - and Hoss was also pretty badass).  I actaully posed on BDC long before that in sports columns and politcal pieces under the name SmashAtoms, but when I started to actually post in LL, I wanted something separate (I don't know why), so I conjured up "Valdoof", which is a combination of my two nicknames from college (the latter much more prevalent). My initial post was a joke aimed at all the folks in OT, and BBB told me to piss-off.   Politely.  :)  After a few months, I dumped the Valdoof monniker and went with Smash full time. After some month of goofing off and riding the horse, a nice lurker sent me an email...and rest from there is history... I suppose I'm part of the first official LL couple.  So that's cool.   :)
    Posted by SmashAtoms[/QUOTE]

A Love Letters success story! Congratulations to you and your lovely, SA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeredithGoldstein. Show MeredithGoldstein's posts

I am such a lurker on these msg boards. Glad we have them. And reminding everyone that there's an extra letter today. At the end. Just a bonus. Ugh. I'm sweating as a type this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Been a busy week.  Just now catching this...

[QUOTE]BDC is my home page at work, and I saw the teaser link for LL in the upper left-hand corner on the main page and clicked one day. 
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I discovered LL, too.  (Although BDC isn't my home page, it might as well be for all the time I spend here). 

I've been here nearly since the beginning, and can remember the old forums where you didn't have to log on, but each message needed to be reviewed before it would appear on the page. 

A lot of people complained about the new format, but the large number of posts we get now would be impossible under the old format.  (Maybe that's not such a good thing after all - There's no way for me to keep up).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Other comments....

I love Gracelan's and Smash's love stories.  Congrats.

I also certainly remember the famed Grilled Cheese letter.  I was away and could read the blog but not post.  Nearly killed me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFriendZone. Show McFriendZone's posts

[QUOTE]I used to just read the letters, starting back in Fall of 2009 or so.  First sporadically, then every day.  Started reading the actual comments around January of last year after having a bit of a falling out with my "old" internet hangout. Almost showed up at Noir even though I had never even posted before. Started commenting in March of last year, went to my first (non-sanctioned) event a few weeks after that.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Haha.  "Non Sanctioned"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Does a "non-sanctioned event" mean it was an event where everyone didn't get banned from the place after we were all shuffled out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]I am such a lurker on these msg boards. Glad we have them. And reminding everyone that there's an extra letter today. At the end. Just a bonus. Ugh. I'm sweating as a type this.
    Posted by MeredithGoldstein[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Meredith! I couldn't keep track of all the Bobs and Carols and Teds and Alices in there, but thanks! It was fun!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]Been a busy week.  Just now catching this... In Response to Re: How did YOU discover LL? : That's pretty much how I discovered LL, too.  (Although BDC isn't my home page, it might as well be for all the time I spend here).  I've been here nearly since the beginning, and can remember the old forums where you didn't have to log on, but each message needed to be reviewed before it would appear on the page.  A lot of people complained about the new format, but the large number of posts we get now would be impossible under the old format.  (Maybe that's not such a good thing after all - There's no way for me to keep up).
    Posted by two-sheds[/QUOTE]

Ah, the sweet days of moderation, a la the NYT.Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Compared to everyone else, I'm a newbie.  I read BDC everyday at lunchtime (for eyars) and occasionally the LL.  Then one day I wanted to read the comments on a particular letter and probably because it was OT, I ended up laughing and choking on my lunch at my desk.  Then I started to want to get my fix every day!  This was in around March of this year.  I've been hooked ever since and made my first post about two months later.  Still trying to keep track of who's who but getting better.  I hope to make it to an event some time soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

So glad to have you on LL, Cool!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

McCool, come to an event.  We will have fun!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

BDC

I lurked for months reading the proper posts in the morning and watching the thread go to histerics in the afternoon. then one day joCO and McRob were on fire with crazy made up words with swears in the middle, getting poofed left and right

I almost pp'd, you know

well my first posts were just "thanks" to all you who gave me some humor, because life's humorous moments are to often far between

so thank you all again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

So glad you joined us, Johnny!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

1. Wrote a Letter

2. Had to defend my looks, weight, size and awesomeness to Jim (whom I miss and secretly adore)

3. Was sent a message

4. Sucked in

5. Introduced the group to the now famous Chocolate Cake Shots, Cherry Sharing time, along with a myriad of other "nameless" adventures/shower scenes. Your Welcome.

6. Buggered out

7. Sucked back in again

8. Buggered out again

9. Sucked in again part tre

10. Buggered out for good.

The end

Best to all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

and, yeah, Jeepie, each time you come back, I'm glad you're back

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

I was working a temp assignment over at another Commonwealth agency, and as I didn't have access to any of their databases at the time, was told I could read the Globe online.  I did that for about a week, reading the comment sections of other stories and occasionally jumping into the fray.  The nastiness of the political stuff got to me after awhile, and while surfing through the Lifestyle section, found LL.  I don't even remember which letter it was now, but I began commenting that very same day.  I became something of a flavour of the week, and I remember getting thoroughly flirted with by BBB! Wink  The regulars were a somewhat different cast of characters at the time - a few still come back every now and then, but there are, it seems, exceptions to Lily-'s rule about nobody ever leaving LL.  There were several who have left, and haven't been seen round these parts for quite some time.

I'm not here as much as I used to be, since my current assignment involves a lot more work these days, so I'm often jumping into threads and such rather late in the game.  And to quote Jerry Garcia, what a long, strange trip it's been...

And I believe BBB, AJ and possibly Dimmy were the first friends I made here.