How to respond to a Troll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

How to respond to a Troll

So I was thinking.  How do you respond when a troll gets under your skin and you don't want to "FEED" them, but you really want to say something?

Try this.  You can copy and paste it into a reply or comment box.

We're sorry.  This comment has been flagged as a response to an incindiary post. Your comment cannot be posted at this time. Please try again later. The moderators appreciate your patience with this process. 

I don't know that it will work and I doubt if the mods would endorse it, but...hey, it's better than actually engaging them.  And it will really mess with a troll's head...especially if multiple people use it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Re: How to respond to a Troll

But PC, That takes the fun out of it for me.  I enjoy feeding them.  I like feeding them.  I think I do a pretty decent job of feeding them.

I don't have much.  Please let me feed them.

Angel Praying

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyNoel. Show JoyNoel's posts

The only response that will get a troll to leave is ignoring them.  If they get any feedback (from anyone, not just the intended victim), they will keep baiting everyone.  If you stop playing the game, they will get bored and leave.  For example, yesterday I was personally attacked with a baseless accusation.  But I was out shopping at the time and didn't reply.  The troll attacked someone else, got no response, and left.  Since we don't have ignore buttons, we need to use the one in our heads.  We can post something like "isn't this new ignore button great?  So glad Mer finally got it installed."  That will give the troll a hint that no one wants to play his game.  Playing with a troll can be fun, but it won't get it to leave. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

I love Joy's ignore button idea. Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

In Response to Re: How to respond to a Troll:
    I love Joy's ignore button idea.
    Posted by mes3pippo

I do too.  Unfortunately, we don't have one.....yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

What Joy is saying is that we pretend we have one.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Yeah,

I guess the best way to make someone go away is to just ignore them completely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Mental iggy may be useful in keeping the mind fit as people age. Kinda like doing crossword puzzles. Egads, there seems to be a new troll aboard, or maybe more than one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeathPanelAdvocater. Show DeathPanelAdvocater's posts

I respond the same way I would when I come across a Grizzly Bear out in the back yard.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

In Response to Re: How to respond to a Troll:
    Mental iggy may be useful in keeping the mind fit as people age. Kinda like doing crossword puzzles. Egads, there seems to be a new troll aboard, or maybe more than one.
    Posted by reindeergirl

Good advice.  So true....