I need assistance.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Re: I need assistance.

Sean, it's not the message, it's the delivery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

In Response to Re: I need assistance.:
    [QUOTE]My mother, as an educator, has a legal obligation to report the possibility of a child being abused. She is also required to file this with the state directly, you do not need the cooperation of your superiors, and you are in violation if you look the other way. I wonder how this is also not a law in PA. Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

The PA Law mandates that all public and private institutions establish an "Agent" for Child Abuse reporting.  Within that institution, any staff member or adminstrator is required to report any instances (or rumours) of child abuse they become aware of to that agent.  The agent is responsible for reporting to the State.  In the case of PSU, that agent is the Chief of the PSU Campus Police Dept.

Legally, Paterno appears to have done what he was required to do (One of the two people he reported what he knew to ran the Campus Police Dept.).  Morally...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I am sputtering with anger. I can see someone not trying to stop a bank robbery. I can't fathom what type of loathesome insect would have allowed this act to continue while he had a breath in his body.
    I have to walk away now. This is too awful for me to contemplate further.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

For the record, I would never trust anyone named after a city in Ohio.  Not Grover Cleveland and not Paul Sandusky, either.  Christopher Columbus, are you hearing me?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

And one more thing. That little maggot should be charged with depraved indifference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Did sean just call me a lovelie?
    You take that back, sir!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

[QUOTE]And one more thing. That little maggot should be charged with depraved indifference.
    Posted by MoVa[/QUOTE]

I've heard that's the opposite of love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Sean, you just can't win.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need assistance. : Dims, I was wondering the same thing.  I suppose it's possible that college professors and coaches aren't mandated reporters because they don't have contact with children as part of their profession; they work with adults.  Speculation.
    Posted by McBostonrob[/QUOTE]

You went down my trail of thought, too. Somehow I'm thinking coaches might be expemted or something... Not that that excuses the moral obligation in the least.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]Sean, it's not the message, it's the delivery.
    Posted by Schlippo[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]Legally, Paterno appears to have done what he was required to do (One of the two people he reported what he knew to ran the Campus Police Dept.).  Morally...
    Posted by Jim-in-Littleton[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It'd be one thing if this all came out one week after Paterno reported it to the administration.  But years?  After a while of seeing Sandusky out and about you'd start to wonder, "Why hasn't he been investigated and tried?"

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

[QUOTE]Dimmy, I guess you + Schtuppo are right. I should have sprinkled in some {{{{HUGS}}}} and a few cuddle puddles in my posts. I'll try to do better from now on.
    Posted by CreepySean[/QUOTE]

If I apologize for calling you a dick will that increase or decrease the number of cuddle puddles in your posts?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Sean, don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you should have to change your delivery...

Unless you want to be received a different way. Plenty of people are hearing what you're saying, regardless of the fact there's no love sprinkled in. I am one of these people.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Dear Mr. CreepySean,

I sincerely apologize for calling you a very bad word.  In the heat of the moment I let my emotions get the better of me, and I feel truly badly for insulting you.  I am sure that a real man such as yourself cannot help acting like a member, and that in the future you will continue do speak the rough truth regardless of whether or not it is a good idea.

Sincerely,

TwoCentDonation

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Jesus, I took Christ's name in vain and I used the word dick.

You people are a bad influence.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.