I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittencroissant. Show kittencroissant's posts

Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed

I want to meet you people IRL! Is there an event any time soon? Also, are the gatherings for singles only or for those taken too? My fiance and I are both LL fans :D I figure they are for everyone but I wasn't sure how many couples showed up to gatherings for love advice column fans...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

I have decided to ignore myself as much as possible, which is counter intuitive to recommending yourself as much as possible

all these threads make a giant spool of posts, right?

I like you people A LOT, thank you for being here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Kittencroissant, they're open to everyone, they aren't singles events.  When Meredith finalizes the next one (I think it's 12/11?) she'll post it.  Can't wait to meet you!  Johnny1963, your Wheel of Fortune games yesterday were great - can't wait to meet you too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

OMG, there's an event that soon? Yippee. JBar will be nice to see you again, and Lils/lola hope you'll be going as well, would be wonderful to see you too....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Johnny - I tried ignoring myself, but wherever I went I was there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Kitten, I am married.  :)

WAIT - 12/11?!?! NOES!  I have a Christmas party!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Hmmm... And once again my post was deleted....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeMarge-. Show LargeMarge-'s posts

My post saying maybe Jeepers was KYR was a JOKE. Very much like TwoCents fake attack on Wrongest. I cannot believe some of you actually wouldn't realize that. How could the person who started the thread attacking KYR be KYR? It was meant to be preposterous. It was also meant as a joke in reference to all the people on here who were constantly accusing people of being someone else. I guess I gave some of you too much credit.

RDG, I mentioned the posters who said they were leaving when they weren't really because I perceive that stuff as BS fake drama, just meant to get attention. It annoys me. People are whining and complaining over minor stuff then threatening to leave if they don't get their way. Just leave then. The blog will survive without you. The world is full of people with REAL problems like terminal illnesses and disease, deaths of love ones, poverty, murders, rapes, assaults and other physical violences etc. These people here have to deal with a little fighting back and forth that annoys them and it's a big to do. I myself have an illness that will probably kill me before by the time I reach my mid 50's.  So I think there are bigger problems to worry about. I take offense to people crying over nothing. Sorry. That's just the way I am.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heavyblaster. Show heavyblaster's posts

I totally have a toenail fungus. It's ruined 1/4 of my life. I now know how a serious illness can teach you what's important. I share this incredibly personal information with total strangers as a teaching moment. I am colonized by a parasitic life form. I have no time to listen to you whiners.

Stop it, right now, or I'll quit posting. I mean it.

And I think the next event should be in January, so that celebraters of Hannukah and that Kwanzaa thing don't feel like it's a Christmas party and get bent over it. Because you know they will, and they'll post here, and people will forget to pay attention to the regular drama queens. Or to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Smash, you're going to have come up with a new excuse because in the chat yesterday, Meredith said the event was going to be on 12/10.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

That stinks. I am available on 12/11 & not on 12/4 or 12/10.

Now I have to see if I'm able to re-arrange my schedule to go meet posters that some I don't care for, some I really like, a few I love but I always look forward to meeting new people. 

I can also do without the high school drama that took place at the last event.

McBostonrob, Did Meredith mention where or any other details?  Thanks.

Marge, I agree.

heavyblaster, You're really not that funny.  Sorry. You need new material.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

12/10 = Awesome.  I am busy 12/4.

Haha.  Like Meredith is going to reschedule a Globe event because two or three peeps are busy.  :)

Hey Marge -

"The world is full of people with REAL problems like terminal illnesses and disease, deaths of love ones, poverty, murders, rapes, assaults and other physical violences etc."

True, quite true.  So go spend your 'complaining about complaining on a blog' time volunteering to help veterans suffering from PTSD or at Rosie's Place or with a relief mission to Haiti or with the Jimmy Fund.  Lecturing us won't help those peeps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

A-V:  I was thinking of going till you mentioned high school drama.

I don't get the drama part -- we're all strangers IRL, and people often say things that are misconstrued or maybe just ill-advised in print, and that doesn't necessarily reflect the real them.  Do people take it all too seriously?

I'm assuming it's like a blind date -- sometimes you can really really hit it off with someone over the phone and then meet them in person and have no chemistry with them at all - poof!  It's just the way it goes.

So, what was the extent of the drama?  Forewarned is forearmed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Smashy:

I would never have pegged you and McRob as an item!   ;)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Maybe she poofed herself?  Wait....that just came out wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

AV, she said the event would probably be promoted next week.  Did she also mention something about it being a movie screening and us voting on which movie, or did I imagine that?

Smash, I don't dislike you.  Sometimes I agree with you 100% and sometimes I think you're a creep.  I could say that about a lot of people on this blog who i don't dislike.  But I pick on you because I feel like you can handle it; not because I have some agenda or feelings of animosity toward you.  Apparently it's bothering you, so I'll stop. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

From wednesday's chat:

"Dec. 10 will be movie screening with Wesley Morris and I. Wesley's one of our film critics. We'll be posting our fav romantic movies online. You guys vote. The winner will be shown that night. Tickets (regular price) will be on sale soon. Somerville Theatre is the plan. "

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: I'm disapointed that the thread was poofed:
    [QUOTE]... The blog will survive without you....Posted by LargeMarge-[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

McBostonrob, Thanks for the info.  I don't have time to skim through the blog so I appreciate you letting me know. When I have extra time, these days I enjoy the forums much more.

I think Marge made some valid points. Though this is only the internet, some people take things too seriously & there are those that do whine & complain needlessly. For whatever reasons people read, lurk or contribute to the blog or forums, to each their own.

Lily!  I miss you.  We need to catch up. 

EnjoyEverySandwich, As I'm sure you know, some adults act like children or teenagers.  Where there are boys & girls, there's always drama.

You'll have fun. Meeting people from the blog is an interesting experience. I look forward to meeting you, provided I can get out of work & make it on the 10th.

YAY for it being at the Somerville Theater! An event that I'm able to walk to.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, Marge made some good points.  But once someone pulls out the old 'there are bigger problems in the world' card, I get bored.  If we are going to start the 'don't get too invested in anything, because there is always something that is BETTER to care about' game, this (and every) blog gets dull fast.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Aw Smash, I'm pretty much just an old grump and my humor is mostly just for me. 
    If I say something like your sundress talk is creepy, that doesn't mean you're a creep.  Maybe I'm a prude.  Or maybe I'm just not getting your humor.  I assume it's mostly schtick anyway.  And btw, if I've ever referred to you as creepy, I was probably laughing at that kellybelly more than anything else.  Again, my humor - it's very self indulgent; borderline masturbatory.