iPod question....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

iPod question....

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall iTUnes, but now my laptop won't recognize my iPod.  I plug it in and get a message it has to be reformatted for Windows; I click yes, and then it just stays forever reading Do Not Disconnect.  Anyone had this happen to them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittensmittons. Show kittensmittons's posts

Re: iPod question....

In Response to iPod question....:
    [QUOTE]I recently had to uninstall and reinstall iTUnes, but now my laptop won't recognize my iPod.  I plug it in and get a message it has to be reformatted for Windows; I click yes, and then it just stays forever reading Do Not Disconnect.  Anyone had this happen to them?
    Posted by justcat[/QUOTE]

You've got a driver problem. Call the Geek Squad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Maybe try opening iTunes first, then plug in the ipod?  Just a thought.  Sounds like windows thinks it's a typical thumb drive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

Hi JustCat

what ipod specifically do you have please?

I will research on Apple Support for you!

(and you should have a Mac anyway!!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Sounds like you have a newer version of iTunes, just not for the iPod itself.  So I think Kitteh's hit the nail on the head - essentially a driver issue.  I use Zune myself, although I don't do downloads, just rip my CDs to my hard drive first (usually through Windows Media Player, which syncs up with the Zune software).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

In Response to Re: iPod question....:
    [QUOTE]Hi JustCat what ipod specifically do you have please? I will research on Apple Support for you! (and you should have a Mac anyway!!)
    Posted by johnny1963[/QUOTE]

I'd love to have a Mac - first I need to get a job...    It's an older one - a 20g click wheel.  It works fine until I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to iPod question.... : You've got a driver problem. Call the Geek Squad.
    Posted by kittensmittons[/QUOTE]
    I unenabled and then re-enabled the driver.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe try opening iTunes first, then plug in the ipod?  Just a thought.  Sounds like windows thinks it's a typical thumb drive.
    Posted by jdrotten[/QUOTE]

Maybe it really is synching up 1300+ songs and podcasts...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

try snycing to another computer and go back to yours?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I may be wrong but having had to reload I-Tunes after a computer up grade I needed to get a program called I-Rip so the computer would recognise my I-Pod.. It cost me around $30.00 but my 15 year old son had to do the same thing and found an I-Rip download for no cost online.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

I still think an iPod is some magical Calculator that somehow plays Music.  I'm no help here...

Sections
Shortcuts