Just pondering some possibilities and probabilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

Just pondering some possibilities and probabilities

I know the answer is a generalization, therefore i realize that the answers will depend, so the question is:

in midlife dating, not ready for a long term relationship, but a sleep over pajama party here and there, do women prefer to sleep over a guy's house or their own house?  this is assuming that each lives by themselves, no kids. .

just curious about opinions and reactions

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

Re: Just pondering some possibilities and probabilities

geez CHC, i was assuming everyone was fair and open, and there weren't any secrets.  I am looking more from the perspective of fears and attitudes.  A friend of mine who has dated a woman for a year, both in 50's, his date refuses to sleep over his house.  Says she isnt that type of girl. . .  but they can have sex, she just can't wake up at his house. . .

i don't necessary understand that point of view, but it got me thinking about the feminine preferences. . . that's all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

His house, so that if doesn't work out, I don't have to be sad that he will never again be in my bed.

Also, I'm nosy, and like to see his stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'd like out sleepovers to be here:

http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/viewphoto.asp?id=31739&stock_no=3437

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

cervideagirl,

I love your sense of humor!  if someone offered to take you there for a week on a blind date, would you accept? 

for me, i would prefer

http://www.galapagosislands.com/first-class-cruises/mary-anne-sailboat/mary-anne-sail-yacht.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Just pondering some possibilities and probabilities:
    [QUOTE]cervideagirl, I love your sense of humor!  if someone offered to take you there for a week on a blind date, would you accept?  for me, i would prefer http://www.galapagosislands.com/first-class-cruises/mary-anne-sailboat/mary-anne-sail-yacht.html
    Posted by MarketSurfer[/QUOTE]

Yes and Yes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

I like your sense of adventure, daring and spontaneity
    keep your fingahs crossed

9 - 13 - 19 - 23 - 31 - 41

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Just pondering some possibilities and probabilities:
    [QUOTE]I know the answer is a generalization, therefore i realize that the answers will depend, so the question is: in midlife dating, not ready for a long term relationship, but a sleep over pajama party here and there, do women prefer to sleep over a guy's house or their own house?  this is assuming that each lives by themselves, no kids. . just curious about opinions and reactions

For me.. I think it would depend what kind of mood I was in... if I felt like pampering a man, my place.. if I felt like being spoiled.. his place. Also depends if I want the guy to know where I live.. if I think he's a clinger, his place. LOL.. so much depends on the situation and the people. I think the best answer ... leave the door open ;) give HER the option. Assuming you're comfortable with both.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

It really depends on so many things.  Like if it's a real bachelor pad with Animal House furnishings, my place. 

If it's a girl with really high maintenance hair - probably her place.  She'll have all her tools and implements there.  (giggle) 

Don't forget the availability of parking - like do I need a South End parking sticker for this date?  Is it in Brookline where overnight street parking is verboten?  Does she know anyone in your neighborhood or vice versa?  Makes the "walk of shame" so much more interesting.  Ha!

So many variables. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

i prefer home games.

home team advantage with home team toys....HA

just saying..... tehehehe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

My place or yours - that is question.

I feel more comfy at my place these days - more control of the situation cause it's MY PLACE! if he insists on his place - then like I always say, gotta try everything at least once...
    Then, once you've tried his place and like it - then you can "take turns".

If it's uncomfortable at his place for one reason or another (perhaps room-mate or his bed is uncomfortable or he won't let you go to sleep afterwards - OR wakes you up in the middle of the night for more - OR in the morning he's gung ho like an 18 year old), then at least you know what your in for when you stay at his place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]My place or yours - that is question. I feel more comfy at my place these days - more control of the situation cause it's MY PLACE! if he insists on his place - then like I always say, gotta try everything at least once... Then, once you've tried his place and like it - then you can "take turns". If it's uncomfortable at his place for one reason or another (perhaps room-mate or his bed is uncomfortable or he won't let you go to sleep afterwards - OR wakes you up in the middle of the night for more - OR in the morning he's gung ho like an 18 year old), then at least you know what your in for when you stay at his place.
    Posted by Seebell[/QUOTE]

And....that's a problem, Seebell??

;^)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

he won't let you go to sleep afterwards - OR wakes you up in the middle of the night for more - OR in the morning he's gung ho like an 18 year old), then at least you know what your in for when you stay at his place.

not sure where the bed is located is going to change all these behaviors, but then again its SEABELL. . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I'm with B3, I like home games.

Plus, I have a dog. That makes road games tricky.  I'm also grumpy as hell if there's nothing in the house to make for breakfast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Whose house has the best scrabble board?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]he won't let you go to sleep afterwards - OR wakes you up in the middle of the night for more - OR in the morning he's gung ho like an 18 year old), then at least you know what your in for when you stay at his place. not sure where the bed is located is going to change all these behaviors, but then again its SEABELL. . .

With all due respect to our sweet Seebell, I LOVE being woken up for that! I LOVE waking up and finding that he's started with out me - soooo erotic. I also like to watch him be with himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Say, is anyone else having issues with the comment box on today's letter?  I've got 4 comments, yet JBar has 59 recommends (probably more as I'm writing this).  Something is not adding up here!

Anyhoo...

It seems to vary with the person you're getting involved with.  My wife, when we first got together, flew down to be with me for a weekend (I didn't have enough time by my then-employer's standards to get the weekend off, so had to enjoy her in between shifts, but I did wake her up to make love the second time).  Before her was Laptop Woman; I went to her house.  Another one I met up with at Barnes & Noble, then brought her to my place where I made her late to pick up her son (she said she didn't regret it).  And my long-term (14 months) ex before that?  I drove all night to spend weekends with her until I moved in with her, and she reciprocated a few times.  I've woken up lovers for some morning fun and been woken up by them - only that one ex I mentioned was ever ready for me when, in the middle of the night, I woke up from an INTENSELY erotic dream, ready for action (so to speak).  That was nice! Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Oh, this one's easy.

My place if it's my kid-free weekend.

His place all other times :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

with one caveat:

If the guy's a lot younger, always his place.

Pictures of my kids in my living room, and report cards posted to the fridge tend to scare the crap out of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Having the kids around can put a damper on the fun - my ex had 2 little girls who generally spent their time in the back room of the house (the TV was there).  Most weekends we were on our own, and her ex-hub had the girls at his place, so we were free to get as freaky as we wanted anywhere in the house - she was open to most anything short of bondage, which suited me just fine.  But occasionally, we did have the girls there, which could make things decidedly awkward when the grown-ups wanted to have some "quality time" (the bedroom didn't have a proper door, and as the girls were 6 and 4 at the time, you can imagine the many interruptions of "Mooommmmeeeee, I wanna watch TV and she won't let me..." and other related small-child complaints). 

Fortunately, my ex was a strong believer in going nude round the house - she believed it would help the girls to be more comfortable with their own bodies, an idea I supported wholeheartedly - so they never felt the need to offer comments if their mother and I were, uh, busy.  But it also cemented my opposition to having children - it might be selfish, but I do like having time and space that's not occupied by the needs of small children.  (Although my black cat, Sid, likes to come and jump on the bed when my wife and I are making love; what's really funny is when he climbs up on my back and hangs out there for a while!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

I really like sleeping in his bed, I find it both erotic and freeing. I like being able to leave when I need or want to, just get up and walk away, leaving my scent behind on his sheets to tease him whenever he gets back into bed. I like being pampered, borrowing his bathrobe, all that stuff. I've never been concerned with someone else seeing me coming or going and judging me as some kind of girl. I'm a grown woman for heaven's sake! Yay for me for having lovers!

There are also some very nice things about having him over my place too, like the scent of him on my sheets after. On a weeknight I'll even invite him over to 'tuck me in'. I get a kiss goodnight and he locks the door behind him when he leaves and I drift off for a goodnight's sleep so I can handle the next workday.
    It's all good, but I'd have to say a slight preference for his place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

My place.

Big screen TV.

Duh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank-hankerous. Show tank-hankerous's posts

I only have sex in public places, like a prison or a school.