Lessons from Love Letters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Re: Lessons from Love Letters

Women want their men to change, and they never do.

Men don't want their women to change, and they always do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

I'd add:

"No matter what you say and how clearly you say it, someone will interpret it to mean the exact opposite of what you intended."

and:

"If you think you had problems when you wrote your letter, wait until you read all of the additional problems people *think* you have."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I've learned that people never make generalizations.

Also, everything I read on the Internet is true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGal109. Show BostonGal109's posts

How about my favorite:

1. Choose your battles wisely

and

2. Relax! Love is supposed to be fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGal109. Show BostonGal109's posts

Oh, and one I've found myself telling a lot of LW.

Date people you actually like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Yes, BostonGal, "date people you actually like"!!!! I'm fairly sure I've posted that tat least once.

Other lessons:

Couples seem to talk about stuff that probably doesn't matter too much, and to avoid talking frankly about money and sex.

Couples get into trouble assuming things.

Individuals need to take responsibility for themselves and their feelings, even if they are part of a couple.

You can't make somebody love you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

also, if you have doubt, bail out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfriday. Show captainfriday's posts

Keep your ego in check.

/s

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Thanks, orchidkitty, but I can't take credit for that one. 

I haven't seen anyone list "people tell you who they are if you only listen" yet. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from morning-glory. Show morning-glory's posts

Affairs happen all the time, even when things seem to be okay.

Most of the time, you know what you need to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Always make a second account if you are going to send a letter, especially if you want to comment on other LL's :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeLessonsLearned. Show LifeLessonsLearned's posts

If you even have to ask the question "Did I do the right thing" then the answer is Yes.

If you even have to ask the question "Should I be worried" then the answer is Yes.

If you even have to ask the question "If I just give it some more time, will he/she come back" then the answer is No.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

In Response to Re: Lessons from Love Letters:
    Date less, live more.
    Posted by patchett-pierce

Amen brother.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfriday. Show captainfriday's posts

Don't get run over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

When you read advice that says "I'm sorry, but _______" you're about to get betch-slapped by Jeeps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertMac. Show RobertMac's posts

Women want their men to change, and they never do. Men don't want their women to change, and they always do.
    Posted by wizen

Very Good. That's just the way it is !!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from barfymcbarfs. Show barfymcbarfs's posts

Even the beautiful people need love, sometimes.

Karma has a funny way of working itself out, sometimes.

Cheaters, cheatees are losers, sometimes.

People will rationalize and justify anything and everything to be “right", sometimes.

Ask for what you want, sometimes.

Sometimes, care less, do more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

In Response to Re: Lessons from Love Letters : Very Good. That's just the way it is !!
    Posted by RobertMac

Ok, I knew I couldn't take credit for my addition, but I didn't realize that the true credit belongs to Albie Einstein!  Who knew he knew so much about love?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

wizen, I love your first comment. Here are a few more:

If you don't take care of your spouse or companion, someone else will.

Always be true to yourself & follow your heart. Don't ever settle as it's better to be alone than to be with the wrong person & be lonely.

Love has consequences. We have to take the good with the bad.

Thinking that being in love is all moonlight & roses is surely going to be a let down once reality sets in.

We can't expect someone else to make us happy with our life. That's too much pressure to put on a person.

This was written hundreds of years ago but still holds true for today:

"Love is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails........

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Sections
Shortcuts