Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

Since there are no recommends on here, how are we going to know who won this showcase showdown?

Obviously 40 something. I mean, someone finally actually paid attention to one of 40something's posts. Big win, congrats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Did we ever figure out what a Pootie Tang is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR-VT. Show JAR-VT's posts

Yes, all, I was living in Vermont when I created the username, but alas, now very close to Virginia Tech. It is mildly comforting though to see all the VTs everywhere and pretend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

wait.. I missed a brouhaha? What am I not involved in? lol

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

aaww.. I'm still confused Lils

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

This topic came up a long time ago, and Meredith started these side forums (or at least made them prominent on the page) in an attempt to move the off-topic discussions to another place.  The problem is, that's not the way people converse.  Conversations just flow.  You don't say "We're talking about sports now, let's take this conversation into the living room".   So, the reaction to the side threads was that some people were annoyed at the idea, some people tried, and mostly it was ignored except for instances when a place for a completely separate discussion was truly necessary.

[QUOTE]I think the solution to this is to have a threaded style message board. When there are thousands of posts, it would help organization and navigation. It would be a "true" message board instead of just a comment section.
    Posted by WrongestWay[/QUOTE]

I suggested this Meredith once.  She said something to the effect of the IT department's heads would explode. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpiorising. Show Scorpiorising's posts

In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!:
    [QUOTE]Why would a blog intentionally reduce traffic and therefore commit digital self immolation?
    Posted by Schlippo[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure limiting posts per person would reduce traffic.  The comments section devolves pretty quickly into a chat between just a few people which I can't imagine too many people are following.

I think more people would follow the blog comments if they didn't so quickly become inane and off topic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am! : I'm not sure limiting posts per person would reduce traffic.  The comments section devolves pretty quickly into a chat between just a few people which I can't imagine too many people are following. I think more people would follow the blog comments if they didn't so quickly become inane and off topic.
    Posted by Scorpiorising[/QUOTE]

Clearly this isn't true though if you look at the amount of random's that post complaining about the content. So you are following at some extent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR-VT. Show JAR-VT's posts

Pooty Tang

[QUOTE]Did we ever figure out what a Pootie Tang is?
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

Pootie Tang is a (very funny) movie. I recommend you check it out, if you have a bizarre sense of humor. The whole point of Pooty Tang is that he has pretty much made up his own language and he's so cool, that people love him anyway. And even they they didn't know what he was saying, they know what he meant. It was an obscure reference.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

gotcha... yeah I saw.. I stayed away. I don't have any interest in arguing politics lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

The comments section devolves pretty quickly into a chat between just a few people which I can't imagine too many people are following.

You would be surprised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I can't even imagine what LL in threaded format would look like!!!

Kaboom!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globereader444. Show Globereader444's posts

Re: Let me showcase how clueless I am!

[QUOTE]I can't even imagine what LL in threaded format would look like!!! Kaboom!
    Posted by wizen[/QUOTE]

Ever see a Gantt chart on meth?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ursulagirl. Show Ursulagirl's posts

I would post, but YOU PEOPLE are already OT. Gantt chart on meth? What kind of nonsense is this? I know YOU think it relates, but how do the LURKERS figure that out? REally?

What's that? It's Saturday? Oh, never mind...

wanders away looking for coffee...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I tripped over this blog and it was the humor and OT that kept me readng. Over time I began to "get" a sense of the personalities (often multiple) of the posters and finally screwed up the courage to join in.
    I also try to start out the day with actual advice, even if I don't get started until lunchtime or later.
    Some days, if it's slow for me, I may read every word, some days I may just scan or read most recommended. It all depends on the topic and my mood or work level.
    I sometimes find that my opinion may alter slightly after reading what others say, or some distant memory gets triggered that is similar tho the LW's dilemma. Age will do that to you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

OK, so I wrote a nice post with no swears and I'm getting the "change the following words" thing with no words in red.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globereader444. Show Globereader444's posts

Re: Let me showcase how clueless I am!

MoVA, good post. Your avatar cracks me up.

Similar view here, the LL posters are over-the-top funny... a hyper alert mind needed just too follow along... yeah, I skip those multi paragraph posts... and try to make a lame attempt at humor in all my posts... unless someone's being an irritating puck toward other posters... J9 could play the part of the heavy; before crops are burned, stores looted, people stampeded, and cattle raped.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I also post to a moderated advice blog somewhere else and, while LL can get a little wild at times, the posts are livelier and often more frank.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

OK, so I wrote a nice post with no swears and I'm getting the "change the following words" thing with no words in red.

Yeah, for some reason the filter has stopped actually telling everyone which words didn't make the cut.  Generally if there is no cursing in your post, look for any word that's close to any naughty word and swap it out for a synonym.  I posted somewhere last week that the filter is heading straight into an abyss where eventually no words will be allowed and we will be required to post semaphore code symbols.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

ಠ_ಠ

Sections
Shortcuts