Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

"Smithers! Begin the thawing of Jim Nabors!"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

"Am I the only person who would like to see a one comment per person per day rule?"

I'm pretty sure you aren't the only person that would like to see comments limited to one per day but you and those few others can all fit in a phone booth at the same time.

Love Letters is an on-line community and if people were limited to one post per day that would die in a hurry - and take the blog/column down with it.

Do people use the blog comments to show off, socialize and a host of other things?  You bet! People do those things at the grocery store, church and school too.  That's what any community does.

There's a reason there are routinely 1400+ responses on any given day.  You won't find that anywhere else on Boston.com...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!:
    I"m re-reading the comments on what I think is JAR'S letter. We are all very, very funny and there is no reason to limit our comments to one a day.
    Posted by Lily-

Was I funny that day?  I can never remember...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globereader444. Show Globereader444's posts

Re: Let me showcase how clueless I am!

What kind of intolerance are we talking here?

How about lactose intolerance?

Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s hsit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

As far as the letter, by any chance was JAR the dude who was gruntin' and beatin' it at 3am to rape sodomy vids? If so, I hope he has them on Betamax and is willing to share.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Nevermind, we stopped being funny just after lunch on JAR's Alleged Letter as the conversation turned to pee.
    Posted by Lily-

Well that narrows it down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

That's "molten sodomy" Eddie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globereader444. Show Globereader444's posts

Re: Let me showcase how clueless I am!

Ever since the sock puppets had all the digits amputated from their feet, they've become really annoying... maybe I'm lack-toes intolerant?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

*car crash*

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am! : Meredith will have long since ordered the mods to have him exhumed.
    Posted by theprimesuspect

I just got a very amusing image in my head of Glenn Yoder being Meredith's man-servant,  like the Deep-Voiced Man and Ramon:

"Ahh Meredith loves a good cigar.  Oh fiddlesticks.  No ashtray..... Glenn!  Open your mouth."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

I've never watched "Pootie Tang," did they reprise Chris Rock's "gimme one rib" bit from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" in that movie?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

I am a former letter writer myself, and I understand what JAR is saying.

I'm all for the community and comradery on the site, but I remembered going through multiple posts that were talking about what type of dog should someone get.

I have no problem with people being funny or witty, but I like it when people do stay on the topic. Then again, if it didn't give me headaches navigating the comments section of the entries I'd probably be just as guilty (that's why I generally stick to the forums).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveh7373. Show daveh7373's posts

I would comment more but people just keep asking who I am so whats the point?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

If it was not funny in the afternoon, it definitely wasn't the day I told jokes with no punchlines.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Mr. Corvin, as a general rule we don't go OT until the topic at hand has been beat to death.  Like with today's letter - how many different ways can we say "STAY AWAY".  Again, easy to sort by most recommended as the majority of those are on topic and relevant.
    Posted by Lily-

See, my thought is that beaten to death is perspective. I wonder how many more people would actually respond to a post, but don't because they assume it's beaten to death when there is 1000 comments before lunch time. I read through all the comments on my post, and there was different advice for those that braved to throw advice in, when it could have been beaten to death.

Also, if the LW is brave enough to respond in the forums themselves, for clarification or otherwise, it is lost in the chatter.

All I'm saying is that I understand Jar's point, and likewise I also would probably be in the chit chat if the comments section was more structured.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts