Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40something. Show 40something's posts

Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

"Unfortunately, this is typical of forums on the internet, things always start out great but eventually the forum gets hijacked and foolishness rules. "

I'll bet that when 40something's advice was prominently featured as one of 36 daily comments THOSE DAYS WERE AWESOME. Letter writers everywhere had all of their problems solved and there was free beef jerky in the commissary.

Ya know what PS?  FO...you are one of the many posters that have made commenting on LL miserable enough to drive people away. What are you 10 years old so when you don't agree with people you have to resort to insults? You don't know who I am, what I look like or how much I weigh. Stop being a jerk or I'm going to report you to the mods and get you kicked off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

MEATBALLS!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

BTW, make sure you tell the mods that you told another BDC member to "FO" when you make your abuse report. They love that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I hate hate hate hate threaded conversations... hate them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

Game ball to JAR here for being open about being a recent LW, sincerely wanting to offer useful advice to others, and for shifting their perspective after listening to the opinions of others.

I would also like to point out that while JAR has raised an issue that has been raised and discussed numerous other times, JAR at least did so in a separate forum, rather than jumping onto LL and complaining about it--you know, the posting non-advice posts complaining about there being too many non-advice posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowderGirl. Show PowderGirl's posts

My mother tried to teach me to crochet right after I had surgery and was hopped up on painkillers.  It didn't work out too well and I yelled at her a lot.  Plus she is right-handed and I am left-handed and she was having a hard time jumping in when I messed up because i was crocheting "backwards".  This story has nothing to do with this thread.  I just needed somewhere to tell it and I figured this was as good a place as any.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am! : Lots of love and acceptance was all I ever wanted, Sandwich ;) Even in person, my wit is so dry sometimes I don't even know if I'm joking. If nothing else, I feel like I know many of the folks here even better, and in a good way. Too bad I live so far away and can't go to a LL event. Meredith is coming down this way and I am going to introduce myself at her booksigning.
    Posted by JAR_VT[/QUOTE]

And here I'd thought VT meant you were in Vermont.  Now I'm guessing Virginia Tech. 

It's too bad you're distant, J_V, because I'd love to talk with you at a LL event -- I love people with dry senses of humor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Hey CB!!!!! and TPS you are thoroughly entertaining

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I can really relate to the dry sense of humor comment, JAR. It sometimes doesn't come across when written. For that matter it sometimes doesn't come across even when spoken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

"Dry" is most easily appreciated in champagne and vermouth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

and basements.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!:
    [QUOTE]and basements.
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views[/QUOTE]

TOO funny -- and too true, GMV!

PS:  I re-requested adding you as a friend, because for some reason, it did not go through before (and I can't send you messages unless you're on my friend list, otherwise I would not be so pushy about it!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

He's the Philosoraptor!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

You can't nuke me, I'm a regular, MISTER!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I want to build a showcase of intolerance at my house.