Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Re: Let me showcase how witty and/or intolerant I am!

@prime: I hear ya. I had no words even close to a naughty word. I looked it over about six times and then figured it was a waste of time to go further with it.

@Sal: whazz a emo-ji? or is it an emo-ji? Maybe I could just post one of those instead of "There ain't no sanity clause" when I think the blog is about to explode. Is there an emo-ji for "Incoming!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theprimesuspect. Show theprimesuspect's posts

When I say "close to a naughty word" I mean lexically - like they might soon ban the word "fork" if people start using it to replace our favorite four-letter word.  I can't remember which word I had to replace the other day, it was something completely clean and they've banned it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Tks, prime, I see what you mean. I changed the word hard but that didn't work. I kept the text in Word so maybe I'll go back and try it again if I think it's worth bothering with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

When I first started reading LL, after the first few pages of advice when things started to break down I would get totally lost. It's like being the new kid in school and has a very clquish feel. A relatively small core group does seem to socialize in the outside. Lots of inside jokes and personal references.
    I don't have the ability to follow along all day so it's kind of impossible to carry on any kind of conversation with anyone else. There really is only one topic each day so it doesn't make sense to have separate threads. The off-topic discussions provide a place to chat at a more leisurely pace, which is better than nothing.
    The core group is pretty chatty and I read what I can and enjoy the humor, but for more of us ocassional posters I think there will always be a feeling of being on the fringes.
    JAR's point of view has some merit....there is a significant amount of mutual attention-seeking/gratification going on here among a relatively small group, but bottom line is if it works for BDC, there's no incentive to change it.
    I'd love to find another chat room where I can go in and out of threads when I have time to talk, it would be especially nice if it were mostly local people.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globereader444. Show Globereader444's posts

Re: Let me showcase how clueless I am!

In Response to: Softpatina

I agree, I can't compete with the lifers on LL, if I have an hour to spend the Off Topic seems the most fun, too bad there's no interest to continue later in the evening. I get a kick out of all the posts from around the USA (who'd have thunk there could be so many lurkers?). Isn't it difficult to speed read a day of posts, try to catch up, post something that hasn't already been said, try to reply to humor. Then again I'm just here to follow the laughs.

I do like the edit feature on these discussion threads.

BTW, I've enjoyed your posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Woo hoo! I finally got through all of the posts to join the chat on the lette...errr

::refreshed and got 4 more pages::

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I don't bother trying to follow along...  Many days I just check the blog, reading 1-2 pages before the current one to see what's up, and I just join in with whatever goofiness is going on.  Lots of times I have no idea what's going on.

10. This post has been removed.