Lie detector based gameshow on Fox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCent. Show MrCent's posts

Lie detector based gameshow on Fox

I came across the following clip earlier today, and it reminded me about a situation that might come up on the blog. I thought I'd share it for anyone who needs to be jolted awake at their job. It was broadcast on Fox TV, but deals with adult themes.

I looked into the show and found the following: "Before the show is taped, a contestant is given a polygraph test and asked 75 questions. ... Unlike the Colombian version, the show avoids asking about felony-level activities ... The contestant’s responses are determined to be truthful or untruthful by a certified polygraph examiner, but the contestant is not told the results. Within a couple of days after the test, the contestant appears on the show, where he is again asked 21 of their previous questions before a live audience, including family and friends. ... All the player has to do to win, goes the pitch, is tell the truth. If his answer matches what the polygraph says is true, he advances to the next round. The top prize is $500,000. The contestant can stop at any time, but once a question is asked, he must answer." More details at: http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/11/darnell_in_defense_of_the_trut.php

My take is that she went on the show because unconsciously after 2 years in the marriage, she already knew that it was a mistake and she wanted to cash out and get out. Other commenters in other threads haven't seemed to get that, but it makes sense to me. At one point she said something like, "I don't care about the money, I just want to get it all out on the table." I'm not convinced that she didn't care about the money, but it does seem like the ambivalence she felt toward her husband and the cheating may have really weighed on her.

What do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Re: Lie detector based gameshow on Fox

I think you're right.  If she didn't care about the money then why go on the show?  Ugh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCent. Show MrCent's posts

I updated my profile pic so it wouldn't give people the wrong impression, as I'm not named after Fifty Cent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I just watched the you tube video...  She does seem inappropiately perky answering those questions.  And, really, if she just wanted to get everything out in the open she could have told her husband and family all this in her living room.

Or maybe she is incredibly dumb....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

I think it's the same reason all these people air their dirty laundry on Jerry Springer. They're attention hoars - and they want the money & (15 minutes of) fame that goes along with telling the world on national TV