LL Gathering Friday, 9/9

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

Re: LL Gathering TONIGHT! Friday, 9/9

well you and your smiling face will be missed D-Lo.  And enough about the girl that doesn't drive!!!  (can you tell who has driving issues?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Snacky - I'm new and I'm going tonight!!  If these blog virtual peeps scare us, we can find and rescue each other!!!

Oh, and I was wisely advised  (thanks Holly!) to watch out for the 'Step of Doom' that exists someplace at this location.  I'll be the one with either eyes firmly on the floor or falling down a step someplace!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

D-Love, I wish you were gong to be there.  I can't wait to meet you some day!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

Note:  you will be safe as long as you avoid the outdoor patio!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

I regret that I won't be seeing you beautiful people tonight. I'm having an early morning breakfast with my mom and then Kip Tiernans memorial sevice.

I'm designating Neener as the recipient of my love, hugs, kisses, butt and boobiez grabs.

Have fun, kids!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

Will I show up?  Or won't I?  You'll never know!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

you tease you..............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

:::::Veruca Salt foot stomp at Kap'n not showing up:::::

(and pssst....holly?  There's a Step of Doom INSIDE too!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

seriously?  thanks for the warning whitty........ i never saw it but i will be on the lookout!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I'll point it out to you later this evening.  :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snackychan. Show Snackychan's posts

Well, I showed and found myself too nervous to approach any of the groups I saw there, just couldn't bring myself to roam around asking strangers if they were there for "Love Letters" because if they weren't, I didn't want them to think I was speaking in some sort of kinky code... so I sat and listened to the nice man sing Irish songs until I was approached by one of the off-duty bartenders and got free beer for the rest of the night!  Could've been worse, I suppose.  Was everyone outside on the patio, or inside at the bar?  I really couldn't figure it out Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Awww, Snacky, I do wish you had asked around!

Wicked found us - she just came up to me and said "Are you one of the Lovelies?"  :-)  (Hey - if we weren't, it sure is a great line to use, huh?)  We ended up sitting inside the bar, so while you were listening to the Irish singer, we were sitting right behind you.  It was just a small group of us, so it would have been an easy introduction into these gatherings.

Next time, someone can pass along a cell # or something so you can find us.  I promise, we don't bite!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Well, I found you because when I walked in, you all looked up at me kind of expectently (is that a word, LWhitt?) so I figured youz were looking for somebody and maybe it was me.  I almost didn't go up since you were such a small group.  I figured I'd just head for the bar and get a drink then try to find you, but since you were at the bar, it worked out.  So sorry you missed us, Snacky...  You aren't by any chance the nice man who I met outside then sent us an order of fries, are you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snackychan. Show Snackychan's posts

That WAS you guys... I had a feeling, but I'm a wuss, so I didn't ask.  No, Wicked, I was the chick sitting opposite to, with my back to, the bar.  Oh, well... next time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

it's because there was so few of us.  And we were behaving.

Next time, head straight for the most obnoxious laugh in the bar.  That will be me :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

I showed up a little late, around 10:30.  Place was empty.  I left. :(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

For the first LL gathering Dread, organized for everyone to meet for bowling (DREADBOWL).  No one had met anyone, yet, so Dread said to look for the guy in the Captain America T-shirt.

I showed up at the bowling alley, but had forgotten the part about how to recognize Dread.  I entered the bowling alley and the place was packed.  I think I figured there would be a crowd by the front door, but there wasn't, and I had no clue how to find anyone.  So, I had to give up and go home.

Lesson learned.   The next event was sponsored by Meredith and everyone wore nametags.  Made things much easier.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

Stormy, did you really show up?  I left around 10 but there were still 3 more there.  People usually hang a lot later but I think that happens when there is a bigger crowd.  That is unfortunate!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DancesWithWolves. Show DancesWithWolves's posts

In Response to Re: LL Gathering TONIGHT! Friday, 9/9:
    Well, I found you because when I walked in, you all looked up at me kind of expectently (is that a word, LWhitt?) so I figured youz were looking for somebody and maybe it was me.  I almost didn't go up since you were such a small group.  I figured I'd just head for the bar and get a drink then try to find you, but since you were at the bar, it worked out.  So sorry you missed us, Snacky...  You aren't by any chance the nice man who I met outside then sent us an order of fries, are you?
    Posted by WickedMcCool

Don't you think the guy would've been nicer if he had sent over a round of drinks instead of an order of fries?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

Yeah, I was there, but it was on the later side.  By the time I got out of work, changed, had something to eat and drove into Boston, found parking, it was after 10.  And when I walked in, as I said, the place was empty.  There might have been three people by the bar.  Some guy watching the singer, some group with colored T-shirts on the patio, and anoter small 3 person gathering outside. I suppose it any one of those could have been you guys. 

But walking in and seeing the whole place seemingly empty, I figured, "well, they're all gone by now, I missed it."  And I left.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely-. Show hollygolitely-'s posts

Oh Stormy, that is unfortunate.  We were inside at the bar.  Next time I think there should be more of a system to identify the group so people know where to go.  Is someone gonna wear the really tall Dr. Suess hat?  I vote Choppy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StormyMonsoon. Show StormyMonsoon's posts

Oh Stormy, that is unfortunate.  We were inside at the bar.  Next time I think there should be more of a system to identify the group so people know where to go.  Is someone gonna wear the really tall Dr. Suess hat?  I vote Choppy.
    Posted by hollygolitely-

Heh heh.  That would work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

when's the NEXT outting? please dont say the friday the 23rd? i know that was bantered about, but i'll be out of town then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DancesWithWolves. Show DancesWithWolves's posts

Stormy, did you really show up?  I left around 10 but there were still 3 more there.  People usually hang a lot later but I think that happens when there is a bigger crowd.  That is unfortunate!  
    Posted by hollygolitely-

Holly you should go litely cause I'm guessing the picture Stormy has is not really him.

Sections
Shortcuts