LL Lovelies, Lurkers and Fans - I need your help.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Re: LL Lovelies, Lurkers and Fans - I need your help.

Yay JBar! Just read your happy update. There is power in numbers whether through prayers, good energy, thoughts or however ones spiritual or religious beliefs.

I'll continue my prayers for Molly & please continue to give us updates.

I really want my prayer list to diminish & I'm betting Molly will be the first one off. 
    Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

New job assignment has cyber police.  Wicked bumma! 

Sending continuing good thoughts to Molly and her family!  Big hugs! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srgnchg. Show srgnchg's posts

Went through this a few years back with my wife . Dana Farber and the Brigham were fantastic . Dr Karen Black and Neuro-Surgeon Dr. Brown. Along with MGH all are part of Partners health care and work together. The patient advocates and support groups they offer make a difficult situation much easy to deal with. You will not have to dig for these services,they are offered from check in to check out.
     My first comment after reading for about a year, but having gone through this i felt the need to contribute what little i have to offer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

JBar, just wondering how Molly has been doing after the surgery and wishing her renewed strength and hope and a quick recovery.  I hope at her age she bounces back really well and it is not too long that this is all behind her and her family. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

In Response to Re: LL Lovelies, Lurkers and Fans - I need your help.:
    Went through this a few years back with my wife . Dana Farber and the Brigham were fantastic . Dr Karen Black and Neuro-Surgeon Dr. Brown. Along with MGH all are part of Partners health care and work together. The patient advocates and support groups they offer make a difficult situation much easy to deal with. You will not have to dig for these services,they are offered from check in to check out.  My first comment after reading for about a year, but having gone through this i felt the need to contribute what little i have to offer
    Posted by srgnchg

Thank you srgnchg, I hope your wife is doing as well as Molly seems to be. Thanks for sharing your advice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

JBar, just wondering how Molly has been doing after the surgery and wishing her renewed strength and hope and a quick recovery.  I hope at her age she bounces back really well and it is not too long that this is all behind her and her family. 
    Posted by hollygolitely

She's doing ok Holly, thanks.  She's temporarily back home in Kansas and they're starting the radiation on her in a couple more weeks.  She's feeling a lot more positive about things post-surgery and I think everyone's thoughts, prayers, vibes, energy, and overall excellent advice really helped her, and her folks.  I shared all of these posts with her Mom and Dad and they were so touched by the kindnesses shown on here.  I'm really happy to be a part of this community.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: LL Lovelies, Lurkers and Fans - I need your help. : She's doing ok Holly, thanks.  She's temporarily back home in Kansas and they're starting the radiation on her in a couple more weeks.  She's feeling a lot more positive about things post-surgery and I think everyone's thoughts, prayers, vibes, energy, and overall excellent advice really helped her, and her folks.  I shared all of these posts with her Mom and Dad and they were so touched by the kindnesses shown on here.  I'm really happy to be a part of this community.
    Posted by TheRealJBar

Glad to hear Molly is doing well.  Sometimes the postoperative period can have waves of all kinds of emotion, so we'll continue to keep the good thoughts going her way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: LL Lovelies, Lurkers and Fans - I need your help. : She's doing ok Holly, thanks.  She's temporarily back home in Kansas and they're starting the radiation on her in a couple more weeks.  She's feeling a lot more positive about things post-surgery and I think everyone's thoughts, prayers, vibes, energy, and overall excellent advice really helped her, and her folks.  I shared all of these posts with her Mom and Dad and they were so touched by the kindnesses shown on here.  I'm really happy to be a part of this community.
    Posted by TheRealJBar

Very glad she's doing OK.  Hopefully knowing that "invisible people out there" are continuing to send prayers and positive thoughts their way because we know you will boost their spirits, JBar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Good to know that the girl is home and recuperating. I think that brain tumors are not usually painful so hopefully she's resting comfortably. The radiation is probably annoying and tiring, but probably not painful. I'll keep your family in my (scattered) thoughts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stjoespirit04. Show stjoespirit04's posts

Sorry I'm so late on this, but how old is your niece? If she's younger, I'm an advocate for Boston Children's Hospital. My younger sister saw Dr. R. Michael Scott, their Neurosurgeon-in-Chief, about 3 years ago for Arnold Chiari Malformation in her brain stem. Dr. Scott was incredible and I can't say enough about BCH. I know he specializes in brain tumors as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Hi StJoespirit04, Molly is 27.  So not a candidate for Children's, but anyone reading this, who knows a younger patient, will benefit from your tip. Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bellavita29. Show bellavita29's posts

Sorry JBar,

I like Mark Johnson at the Brigham.  I don't know what is in Kansas City.  The MGH is a good place, too.  Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maggieagnes. Show maggieagnes's posts

J Bar
    Glad all is going well.....a thought to hold is that they are in a marathon not a sprint! there will be both good and bad days, but if they keep their eye on the endline and keep positive thoughts, it can only help!

Sections
Shortcuts