LL Word Association

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Re: LL Word Association

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Doodles.png/200px-Doodles.png

DOODLE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHepcat. Show HipHepcat's posts

KABOODLE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeteK68. Show PeteK68's posts

Re: LL Word Association:Kaboodle

KABUKI

"Hi Ken:Is the Tower of the Downs related to the mail or the postal service?  I'm just curious about the connection -- perhaps it was a stop for the pony express?
    I'm not complaining -- I find the connections people make to be pretty fascinating, so I'm curious"

I've been offline since Friday night and so just saw this one in catching up...
    wasn't Ken's "(tower of the)DOWNS" post in response to UPS(re:ups and downs)?

Hope everyone is safe and dry or drying out on this dreary Sunday night!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

MIKADO

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/The_Mikado.jpg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Mica

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: LL Word Association:Kaboodle

In Response to Re: LL Word Association:Kaboodle:
    [QUOTE]KABUKI "Hi Ken:Is the Tower of the Downs related to the mail or the postal service?  I'm just curious about the connection -- perhaps it was a stop for the pony express? I'm not complaining -- I find the connections people make to be pretty fascinating, so I'm curious" I've been offline since Friday night and so just saw this one in catching up... wasn't Ken's "(tower of the)DOWNS" post in response to UPS(re:ups and downs)? Hope everyone is safe and dry or drying out on this dreary Sunday night!
    Posted by PeteK68[/QUOTE]

Petek:

Believe it or not, it was in the back of my mind all day on Saturday -- what did the postal service (USPS was the word before Ken's post) have to do with Tower of Down?

Then, just before I fell asleep, it dawned on me that Ken was associating with the UPS post before -- "ups and downs" as you said.  "Doh!"  Doesn't say much for my grey matter!  But in my brain's defense ;) I am battling a pretty severe case of pneumonia (not kidding), so I don't think my brain cells are getting their full dose of oxygen right now.

Anyway, it just comes back to my point that I find this association game fascinating.  My mind was so much on one train of thought (post office) that I couldn't for the life of me switch tracks to get the UPS and Downs connection.  I'm often surprised by the things others here come up with -- and I surprise myself, too, evidently!  

So, when I asked Ken about the connection, I wasn't trying to be a smart-ash, I really was trying to figure it out.  I guess Ken charitably didn't think I could be that dumb to miss it -- he overestimated me!  ;-) 

Sorry for the digression -- back to the game!  And thanks for the answer, Petek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

"I am battling a pretty severe case of pneumonia (not kidding)"

Ms. Sandwich,

I am not a doctor, but it's 11:56 PM and your fighting pneumonia.  Back away from the computer and GO TO BED You need your rest.

Get better soon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Formica

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Mica

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

mica >>> Formica >>>> mica

Instead of saying something derogatory and/or wise azz-ish, I'll just go with my post must have been so good that Walk felt the need to bring it back to mica.

Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Granite

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Marble

Good Monday morning, everyone!

Hope you feel better soon, Sandwich.

HipCat, I like Christmas!  And I'm trying to decide if I should consider your words a challenge to see how many Xmas posts I can squish in :-)  You're welcome to keep deflecting them when I do!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

marbles

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/WestAfricanMarbles.jpg/250px-WestAfricanMarbles.jpg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

Garbled

Good Morning Everyone!

Hi Callie,  thanks for the compliment the other day!  The thread I posted really did turn out to be so full of great advise.  I've printed it all up and am still trying to process it all.

Sandwich: hope your feeling better soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Garbo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Monroe

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Marilyn_Monroe_in_The_Prince_and_the_Showgirl_trailer_cropped.jpg/220px-Marilyn_Monroe_in_The_Prince_and_the_Showgirl_trailer_cropped.jpg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdrotten. Show jdrotten's posts

President Kennedy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: LL Word Association:
    [QUOTE]"I am battling a pretty severe case of pneumonia (not kidding)" Ms. Sandwich, I am not a doctor, but it's 11:56 PM and your fighting pneumonia.  Back away from the computer and GO TO BED You need your rest. Get better soon
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

WHAT JKJ SAID!!!!  EES, take care of yourself! 

And jkj, you should have said "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the WA boards."  ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]President Kennedy
    Posted by jdrotten[/QUOTE]

SAILING

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I got into a lot of trouble playing doctor

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Sinking

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LL Word Association : SAILING
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

FLAILING

Thanks for the well wishes, all  -- and the scolding, jkj!   I've had this over 2 weeks now, during the one time of year I really need to get stuff done -- so checking in on WA is one of the most relaxing things I can do. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I think flailing works with sinking as well.

If not, BAILING is a good next step, I think.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeteK68. Show PeteK68's posts

Re: LL Word Association:flailing

FLYING

Sorry you're still not feeling well, EES!
    This WA really is a nice diversion at times like this, especially when the threads get pretty goofy.
    Please rest up and fluids,fluids,fluids!(fluids and posting here, that is :>)

LWhitt, I took a picture just like that this summer in Camden, thanks for bringing back that day!

Rain's gone, happy happy joy joy.
    Have a great day, all!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Wings