LL Word Association

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: LL Word Association

Proposition 8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Will -- that was not a real toy, was it??  It looks like a collector's item made for sale in the Village.

I am off to google, gaily.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I found it on Wikipedia, but it wasn't Mattel who came out with it:

Gay Bob was a doll, created in 1977 and billed as the world's first openly gay doll. Bob was created by former advertising executive Harvey Rosenberg and marketed through his company, Gizmo Development. Gay Bob was bestowed with an Esquire magazine "Dubious Achievement Award" for 1978.[1]

Bob stood 13 inches tall and was presented clothed in a flannel shirt, tight jeans and cowboy boots. He had one ear pierced. Bob's packaging box was shaped like a closet and included a catalog from which additional outfits could be ordered. Creator Rosenberg described the doll as resembling a cross between Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Bob was anatomically correct.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILeftTheBuilding. Show ILeftTheBuilding's posts

Callie-- Jessey was spot on, with the exception that I think Bazooka gum was actually made by Topps, but I'm not certain.
    (why do I keep reading that name as "JerseyEric"?)
    Now, where were we?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILeftTheBuilding. Show ILeftTheBuilding's posts

In Response to Re: LL Word Association:
    Proposition 8
    Posted by jkjband

BUTTERFIELD 8

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

MOM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

ANGELA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

ANGELA
    Posted by chazz508

Angelina Jolie French Kiss With Brother Only the Beginning

Incest

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Callie-- Jessey was spot on, with the exception that I think Bazooka gum was actually made by Topps, but I'm not certain. (why do I keep reading that name as "JerseyEric"?) Now, where were we?
    Posted by ILeftTheBuilding

I have not been able to verify that Topps was the company that manufactureed Bazooka, but there was some joint business ventures. So I guess it is possible.

Jessey - picked from my favorite non-fictional character - Jessey James
    Eric - picked from my favorite fictional character - Eric Draven from the Crow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Inbred

Yes - that really was a toy sold in stores. I'm old enough to remember when it was introduced. I thought it was part of the Barbie line by Matel but I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for looking that up and posting the info EESandwich

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

HILLBILLY

I apologize to all the folks in appalachia.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Daisy Mae

daisymae

I couldn't help myself. I loved Lil' Abner when I was a kid and didn't understand why until I got a little bit older.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILeftTheBuilding. Show ILeftTheBuilding's posts

LULU

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hee Haw

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

BUCK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Will:  As the owner of many Barbies (as a kid, and now as the mom of a Barbie-loving daughter), I was pretty sure Mattel would have run screaming from Gay Bob -- even today.  Mattel can't even sell many marginally-heterosexual Ken dolls.

So my doll-dar was awakened by your original post.  Embarassed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Henry 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Something I didn't know before - when searching for the pic I discovered the doll was anatomically correct. (unlike poor Ken)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHepcat. Show HipHepcat's posts

HANK

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Tinwoman had some kind of Ken (or maybe GIJoe) that came with a speedo, kungfu grip and karate chopping action.
    If those features had been included with Gay Bob, I can't imagine the havoc it would have created.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Something I didn't know before - when searching for the pic I discovered the doll was anatomically correct. (unlike poor Ken)
    Posted by WillDeerborn-of-Gilead

Another reason why Mattel probably wouldn't have offered it.  Geez, even Barbie is not anatomically correct.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

KEY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHepcat. Show HipHepcat's posts

PAN

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

FLASH

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

SanDisk Cruzer USB flash drive - 8 GB