LOSERS COME HERE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: LOSERS COME HERE.

In Response to Re: LOSERS COME HERE.:
    You folks aren't going to like this, but Wizard of Oz is easily in my top 5 movies ever; probably #1.  And I'm here because I love Glee.  Last night's finale was AMAZING! Losers.
    Posted by McBostonrob

Welcome to the Losers Club, McBRob.  (Why WOULDN'T we like it that you like Oz and Glee?)  And beware the....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Sally,

Glee?!?!?! Really?  Woah, before I thought you were the coolest street-cred person of the LL crew.  Whoops, pop!, that all just evaporated.  Don't feel bad, for some bizzarre reason, my wife likes it too - thank Buddha we have two TV rooms, or this would be grounds for divorce.

On the upside, at least this show proves to me that there isn't one ghey bone in my body - I loathe the show so much it makes me nauseus.  I hate musicals in general anyhow, but this one feels like I am being assaulted.

I feel dirty just for coming into this room, I will now go scrub myself down with pure Bleach...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Oh BaBs, we know there's still a soft side to you SOMEWHERE, despite your unadulterated hatred for Glee and musicals.  :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I need a wall chart to keep all this straight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drinky. Show drinky's posts

I LOVE The Wizard of Oz.  The Boston Harbor Hotel is showing it outside on June 25 - I can't wait!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I LOVE The Wizard of Oz.  The Boston Harbor Hotel is showing it outside on June 25 - I can't wait!
    Posted by drinky

Oh MY!  That would be SO much fun to watch it outside with other like-minded (a.ka. "crazy") people!  Can you imagine everyone breaking out into song?

Ha - ha - ha, Ho - ho - ho -
    And a couple of tra - la - las
    That's how we laugh the day away,
    In the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Bzz - bzz - bzz, Chirp - chirp - chirp -
    And a couple of La - di - das
    That's how the crickets crick all day,
    In the Merry Old Land of Oz!
    We get up at twelve and start to work at one.
    Take an hour for lunch and then at two we're done.
    Jolly good fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I would say "I guess I know what I'm doing on June 25th, then"...but I already know what I'll be doing on June 25th because it's St. Peter's Fiesta weekend in Gloucester :)

I was way more into Glee in the fall...for some reason I had a hard time picking it back up again - I don't look forward to it like I used to.  And I'm not a big fan of the "themed" music episodes.  I missed the finale because I had a date.  I'll have to watch it online at some point this weekend.

I think one of my favorite songs from the last few eps was Artie's flash-mob version of "Safety Dance".

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I think one of my favorite songs from the last few eps was Artie's flash-mob version of "Safety Dance".
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

J9, I had forgotten that...you're right - one of the good ones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from drinky. Show drinky's posts

LWhitt...I'll be singing that song all day now.  It's good because I've had Seasons of Love from Rent kicking around for a few days now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

Babs, you're just the type we want in Glee Club.
    Posted by Sally-

OK, but I'll only be useful for the Sha-Na-Na themed episode - because my only talent is singing like "Bowser".  My vocal range is so low, that only Whales can hear me...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: LOSERS COME HERE. : OK, but I'll only be useful for the Sha-Na-Na themed episode - because my only talent is singing like "Bowser".  My vocal range is so low, that only Whales can hear me...
    Posted by BannedAgainBoston

Oh.  My.  God.  That would be a GREAT episode!  I LOVE it BaBs!  LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

If IIIIII.....were Kinnnnggg......of the Foreeeehhhsstttt!!!
    Not Queen....Not Duke...Not Prince!

My regal robes of the forest
    Would be satin...not cotton, not chintz.

I'd command each thing, be it fish or fowl.
    With a woof and a woof and a royal growl - woof.

As I'd click my heel, all the trees would kneel.
    And the mountains bow and the bulls kowtow!

And the sparrow would take wing!
    If I - If I - were King!

Each rabbit would show respect to me.
    The chipmunks genuflect to me.
    Though my tail would lash, I would show compash
    For every underling!

If I - If I - were King!
    Just King!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!  I forgot that song!

I WANT THE ANIMALS IN MY YARD TO GENUFLECT TO ME!!!!!!!!

I have the worst unfulfilled delusions of grandeur ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Diamond said genuflect. :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

DIMMY,

What is your Avatar?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

DIMMY, What is your Avatar?
    Posted by BannedAgainBoston

LOL!  I couldn't see it on the LL blog, but here, it looks like one of those scary family pictures gone wrong.  Surprised

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

It's like, the best family portrait. Evs.

Mullets? Check.
    Cropped T-shirts? Check.
    Laser background? Check.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BannedAgainBoston. Show BannedAgainBoston's posts

DIMMY,

Please DO tell me it is from your family, or someone you know - that would be awesome!

Or is it one of those things you got off some wacky internet site?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

BaBs, I have totally conflated you with the Man in Black at this point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

This is kind of sad, but even as a kid, I hated the cowardly lion for being so weak and needy.  He's really a poorly written charater.  Scarecrow lacks a brain, but he's very smart thoughout the whole film; tinman lacks a heart, but again, he's very empathetic throughout the film.  But the lion lacks courage and shows it in every scene.  He's basically a hot mess and in that light, his "If I were king" song makes him look pathetic. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

But the lion lacks courage and shows it in every scene.  He's basically a hot mess and in that light, his "If I were king" song makes him look pathetic. 
    Posted by McBostonrob

Except he was still brave enough to go help rescue Dorothy, wasn't he?  He was petrified of the Wicked Witch, and yet still climbed up the craggy rocks to gain access to the castle to try and help liquidate her.

So I think he was just like the Scarecrow and Tin Man - as the Wizard said - they all had it in them (brains, heart, courage) in the first place.  They just had to find it within themselves, and they did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Best movie ever written to convince people to be happy with their lot in life.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Ahh now I get what you all are talking about with the "horse of a different color" comment!  HA!  yes Wizard of Oz is one of my all-ime favorite movies EVER.  I wanted to BE dorothy growing up!  And when that horse turned purple... BLISS