Losing Friends....and being an idiot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot

In Response to Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot : IMO, the whole thing can be a minefield for both men and woman.  If you put up family pics at work it tells your co-workers something about you (even if that something is only that you have a family...).  If you don't put them up people seem to assume that there isn't any spouse/kids to discuss. That minor insight either gives them an opening for office socializing or shuts it down and it works both ways no matter which way you go. In my experience, if you put them up you sort of have to go out of your way to make it clear that you have the ability to discuss other things too.  I've seen the same sort of thing play out time and time again with the sports fans that put up things identifying their fav teams. People seem to cease discussing anything else with them.  In one of the jobs I had, I didn't put up anything in my cubicle and I found out later that the women assumed that meant I was avaiable (I wasn't) and that in itself became a bit of the office chatter amongst them.  I got asked out by several women that worked there and it was a little uncomfortable (for them and me) having to work with them after declining.  Once the word finally got out that I had a long-term g/f that died down but it was frustrating at the time. 
    Posted by Jim-in-Littleton[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more right on this Jim. I didn't mean that guys don't get piled in this issue either, but I do think it's a little more common for women. But that's why I keep anything about my personal life out of my cube. Although, sometimes - like today, I have my Pats tshirt on.. everyone is A. shocked I'm not wearing a skirt B. shocked I like the patriots and C. not so shocked I kept the heels on LOL ... but I am NEVER included in football pools because apparently if you dress nice everyday it means you couldn't possibly like sports. I used to shock the crap out of my last coworkers when I talked basketball.. "woah, I never thought YOU'D like baseketball" .. way to make ASSumptions idiots.

But I'd rather be confused for liking a sport than confused for knowing my job

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot

In Response to Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Losing Friends....and being an idiot : I'm a boat rocker.. as you all know.. and I always ask my friends who have babies - why don't you call me? "eh.. I don't know, I assume you don't want to hear about my kids" .. well this might be SOMEWHAT true, but since it's important to you, then yes I do... I'd rather hear than not hear...  although I appreciate the consideration, I think it's more of a cop out than anything.
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL[/QUOTE]

Truer words was never spoke (or typed), Jazzy.

8^)     8^)     8^)