Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL:
    No, it makes sense.  He was broken down and then built back up to protect people, and then sent off to watch people's homes and lives get destroyed, and then came back home and had it all triggered again by helplessly watching on tv as his country was unable to protect his fellow citizens.  A bunch of us happened to be living in the same apartment building at the time, so he decided he was going to protect that little piece of earth.  He lives all by himself (with his faithful dog), and every now and again one of the guys goes to check on him and make sure he is eating.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Poor guy.  What does he do for work now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

LWhitt, if I found Adam Rodriguez [from CSI] I'd force him to make me have his baby.
    Posted by mes3pippo

LOL!  Hmmm...I do believe what you're proposing is illegal, Pip.  ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : That sounds a little nuts Pip.
    Posted by Dread27

HAHAHA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

So is anyone else excited to see today's letter?  This will be the first advice I've given in awhile!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

So is anyone else excited to see today's letter?  This will be the first advice I've given in awhile!
    Posted by Dread27

you know Dread, i would really like something juicy... something that will spark a debate amongst us...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Posted by Dread27

I'm so glad you're back there, Dread. :-)  But it looks like another late post, as it's not yet up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : I'm so glad you're back there, Dread. :-)  But it looks like another late post, as it's not yet up!
    Posted by LWhitt58

Yeah I'm happy to be back.  I like giving advice even if it its usually horrible hahaha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : you know Dread, i would really like something juicy... something that will spark a debate amongst us...
    Posted by backbaybabe

Debate is good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Nothing, I think.  He has money.  I think he just lives in a little place somewhere on the Cape, and just... I don't know... he recently got on FB though, and sporadically posts random stuff, so he appears to be still kind of with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Anyway... sad topic...

Yes, where is the letter?!  I want to obsess over some stranger's love life now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : Debate is good.
    Posted by Dread27

i think debate is great, as it brings out a person's passion and or conviction. which to me, i find HOT.... well, at least in men i do... hehehe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

letter up... see you there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

No Letter yet? Let me check. I am actually doing work! Imagine that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Good Morning, Cheerfuls!  So nice to come to a place on B.Com where people are nice to each other!!

LWhit,
    The mum of one of my dearest friends passed away a few years ago (untimely death from cancer, she was only 63) and she requested that they play "Singin' in the Rain" as the recessional at her memorial service.

It was so cool!  I was crying my eyes out, smiling at the same time!  That was one of her all-time favorite musicals and she wanted to go out on a high and cheery note.  I always think of her when anyone mentions Singin in the Rain!  In so many ways, she left her mark ... so nice!    Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Did somebody mentioned Robert Downey Jr???

He is and always has been hot. Like fine wine, he is better with age.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

I barely have advice for this LW. Geesh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

Good morning everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Posted by mes3pippo

Me either, Pip. I do the same stuff. I like to make sure people I care about are taken care of! I make chicken soup for sick friends, pick up little things they want, but won't buy for themselves, etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Good morning everyone!
    Posted by adminconsult1

Good morning!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : Me either, Pip. I do the same stuff. I like to make sure people I care about are taken care of! I make chicken soup for sick friends, pick up little things they want, but won't buy for themselves, etc.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

I do things when they are convenient. I'm doing laundry, so if your clothes are in the hamper then they will get washed too. Oh, it's 2am and you need a ride home? Ok, that doable. I don't dote. I prefer to be doted on. ha! Not smothered, just some doting affection and a lil romance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I <3 RDJ.

My mother was always of the 'if you drop it, pick it up.  If you dirty it, clean it.  If it cries, make it be quiet' school of mothering.  She forced us to clean our rooms, help with chores, everything. 

My mother in law was the daughter of a maid, and ruthlessly cleaned anything and everything.  She spent meals serving and cleaning while everyone else ate.  Dirty laundry barely touched the floor.   So my husband has no concept of how much housework is required to keep a place clean.

He'll come into the dining room and say 'Wow - it's really dusty in here!' 

'Yes, my love; we both have full time jobs, and we were both out carousing all weekend.  Did you think the little shoe-making elves were going to come in and clean up while we slept?'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Good Morning, Cheerfuls!  So nice to come to a place on B.Com where people are nice to each other!!
    LWhit, The mum of one of my dearest friends passed away a few years ago (untimely death from cancer, she was only 63) and she requested that they play "Singin' in the Rain" as the recessional at her memorial service. It was so cool!  I was crying my eyes out, smiling at the same time!  That was one of her all-time favorite musicals and she wanted to go out on a high and cheery note.  I always think of her when anyone mentions Singin in the Rain!  In so many ways, she left her mark ... so nice!   
    Posted by yogafriend

OMG, I LOVE that, yogafriend!  What a wonderful way for her to bring a smile to her loved ones' faces on such a somber occasion.  And such a memorable way for her to be remembered - with a SMILE! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Did somebody mentioned Robert Downey Jr??? He is and always has been hot. Like fine wine, he is better with age.

LOVE that new avatar, IDMWIT!!!!  Hubba-hubba.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Posted by mes3pippo

Yeah, it's a kind of "meh" letter.  I wish we had an edit on LL - I'd probably edit and just change to Cher's Moonstruck comment:

SNAP OUT OF IT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/25 Breakfast with the LLLL : Me either, Pip. I do the same stuff. I like to make sure people I care about are taken care of! I make chicken soup for sick friends, pick up little things they want, but won't buy for themselves, etc.

IDMWIT, what you noted is completely different than this LW, I think.  You're doing what you're doing out of love. She sounds rather OCD (i.e., cleaning up after them?) and doormat-ish.  I'm thinking it's more a self-worth issue.

There's no way in HELL I'd pick up after my brother!  LOL