Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

The wind is so bad right now where I work that I can hear the rain splatting against the *soundproofed* windows.  My street is flooding. 

Anyone else under water today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

Rain woke us up at 5 AM this morning - sounded like we were sleeping in a car wash!

We're fine as long as the power doesn't go out. Then we will be totally screwed, as we have two bedrooms that will be under water.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

A-E!  I miss you!  Crossing my fingers that your power stays on; >< ><

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyNoel. Show JoyNoel's posts

Out like a mermaid, so true!  I've got to "babysit" the sump pump today-like there is anything I could do if it gives up, or the elec goes out...I'll probably go to a bar and drink away the rain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Good Morning everyone - Atlantis over here, too!

Where's King Triton when you need him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Hey AE!! hope you are feeling better this morning

Sup IDMWIT, Joy, DG

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

King Triton.  Are we back on discussing hotties already?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

A-E, you weren't feeling well? So sorry!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

hot men? always

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

I'm all strung out on cough syrup. Probably got up too early and will crash early.

You know it's bad when you wake up two hours before the teenagers' alarm goes off. I promised myself I was never going to be that sort of mother: teens need to learn how to get themselves up, out of bed, dressed, fed and off to school by themselves... before they go off to college...

Who's with me on that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

OMG - does anyone remember that photo i posted yest of that guy from westford?

jeez louise, he emailed me...ok, i got caught checking him out....HAHAHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

IDMWIT, this past few months has seemingly been one illness after another for me! I usually have an amazing immune system. I went YEARS without so much as a sniffle... until this year. Started back in October.

But yes, I do feel better today. My cough is alarming, but no more fever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    I'm all strung out on cough syrup. Probably got up too early and will crash early. You know it's bad when you wake up two hours before the teenagers' alarm goes off. I promised myself I was never going to be that sort of mother: teens need to learn how to get themselves up, out of bed, dressed, fed and off to school by themselves... before they go off to college... Who's with me on that?
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

I dont have kids, but im with you on that for sure

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

We always did.  Mom told us anyone who was alive and dressed when she left the house at 5:45a could hop in the car with her when she drove to work, and get dropped off up the street from the high school as she zoomed past it.

If we didn't make it, we had to take the bus.
    If we didn't shower and looked horrible, our friends made fun of us.

My mom was very good at using peer pressure to work for her.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

B3, I missed that yesterday! I missed all the fun. Was he upset, or flattered?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

BBB - HAHAHAHAHA!  You should go out w him!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    OMG - does anyone remember that photo i posted yest of that guy from westford? jeez louise, he emailed me...ok, i got caught checking him out....HAHAHA
    Posted by backbaybabe

That's kinda funny LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

Good morning! Hope no one floats away today. I work out in the boonies, surrounded by umpteen lakes and all of the little streams associated. I'm hoping for a washout so I can get the day off LOL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Good morning. A-E, sorry to hear you're still not feeling well.  Hopefully you've got the good codeine cough syrup!  That's the only thing that calms a bad cough (i.e., the ones that come with bronchitis) for me and allows me to sleep.  My doc is now VERY stingy on giving an Rx for it, however, so I hoard the bottle I have for when I self-diagnose.  :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

OMG - does anyone remember that photo i posted yest of that guy from westford? jeez louise, he emailed me...ok, i got caught checking him out....HAHAHA
    Posted by backbaybabe

GO for it, bbb!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyNoel. Show JoyNoel's posts

Why would a guy that hot be on CougarLife? I can't think of a good reason, only a bunch of bad ones.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I'm all strung out on cough syrup. Probably got up too early and will crash early. You know it's bad when you wake up two hours before the teenagers' alarm goes off. I promised myself I was never going to be that sort of mother: teens need to learn how to get themselves up, out of bed, dressed, fed and off to school by themselves... before they go off to college... Who's with me on that?

Like B3, I don't have kids - but I'm with ya! I live with my sister and she gets up and on her way every morning by herself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

He was flattered, and wants to learn more....little shiny penny....too fr iggin funny!!!! i was just sneaking a peek at men, i got sooo busted

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Well, Joy, ... ... ... sometimes hot, interesting guys are slightly clueless that they are doing something 95% of people would think is weird?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

IDMWIT, this past few months has seemingly been one illness after another for me! I usually have an amazing immune system. I went YEARS without so much as a sniffle... until this year. Started back in October. But yes, I do feel better today. My cough is alarming, but no more fever.

That's awful! I know what you mean though - I never get sick. I've been waiting for something to hit me hard to make up for it, but it's not here yet!

Coughs are so jarring, they are about as insufferable as a sore throat for me.

I am willing you some of my special chicken soup to soothe it. :-)