Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    I'm all strung out on cough syrup. Probably got up too early and will crash early.
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

Hope you feel better soon.  Glad you're well enough to play with us here today... as we all try to stay dry.  I've got my Wellies on.

You know it's bad when you wake up two hours before the teenagers' alarm goes off. I promised myself I was never going to be that sort of mother: teens need to learn how to get themselves up, out of bed, dressed, fed and off to school by themselves... before they go off to college... Who's with me on that?

I went to boarding school, so I had to get myself out of bed, dressed, and to the dining hall in time to sign in for breakfast.  Before that, though, I got my own breakfast, which was whatever cereal was around.

I ate healthier at home since Mom would only buy healthy cereals.  When I got to boarding school I discovered the joys of Cap'n Crunch Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    Mac is a hot nickname, I think. LWhitt - what I meant by the laughter was, it is so humid right now from all the rain that my cutting board is growing mold in the knifemarks.  A-E's house is probably humid enough.  ;)
    Posted by diamondgirl

Ahhhh...whereas my cats are still sparking on their noses when I pet them.  :-) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

5'7" and proficient with an M16, no less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : I am apparently shallow, but yes I would.  One inch - probably not.  But I'd have three inches on him....
    Posted by Lily87

And I'm only an inch taller than him; probably wouldn't have an issue.  But if, like Lily, I were 3" taller, it might affect my decision.  Sorry to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

No, I am with you, LWhitt - I'm at work.  That stuff is just too dirty for me.  But I don't want to rain on any parades.  I'll just not join in. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

not paying $30, to flirt..
    Posted by backbaybabe

Right?!? I just checked match.com and it's $34.99 for 1 month.
    If I sign up for 3 months, they bill you all up front!
    Charlatans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Posted by diamondgirl

I purposefully failed my last rifle qual because I didn't give a carp.  I'm still an expert with a pistol though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Posted by diamondgirl

To quote Paris Hilton - that's HAWT.  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyNoel. Show JoyNoel's posts

A-E, I'm 5' 8" and have dated shorter men.  Height doesn't matter when you are horizontal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

hey hey, i'm checking in for a few minutes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

That is insanely hot.  Stop, or I'll turn into SEEBELL and depress LWhitt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

A-E, I'm 5' 8" and have dated shorter men.  Height doesn't matter when you are horizontal. 
    Posted by JoyNoel

OK, I'm gonna go there.  Short guy/tall woman - my dad used to say "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it.  When you're toes to toes, your nose is in it."

Innocent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Morning Ladies and gent. so... I tried to get into the LL facebook group last night and was denied lol. I was told that some people are still uncomfortable with me. I'm really sorry to hear that as I thought I'd at least redeemed some sense of worthiness. But in all, this has been an emotionally draining adventure for me. I have had the pleasure of talking to most of you, on and offline and I'm sorry to those that still lump me in the buckets of KIO and Sean... if you looked at my FB page, you'd notice I'm an open book and if I were to do anything out of character it would only come back to embarrass me much less hurt anyone else. But yeah... that hurt, just a little. I've been asked to meet in person before being accepted to the group, I don't really think that's fair as I believe my full transparency and visibility on my own facebook page should be enough. Like I said last night, I don't want to feel like I'm being initiated into a sorority. Never believed in those in the first place. So again, I'm sorry I still make people feel uncomfortable.

Anyway.. enjoy this rainy miserable day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

On the subject of online dating, I have a question for you all! For discussion: do you rule out men based on their height? I have a dear old friend who's feeling down about dating lately. He is convinced his lack of luck is because he's only 5'4". I'm trying to tell him that really isn't an issue, especially at our age.

Sadly, I know women who require that their man be a certain minimum height.  I think it's silly.  But, I can understand wanting a man taller than you, but I think I'm over that as well.

I've dated two men who are 5'4", and one guy who's 5'5".  I'm 5'3", so they were still taller than me, and as long as they didn't mind me being taller than them when I wore heels then I think it's fine.  (The heels thing shows me their ego isn't too fragile.)  Also, dating a guy who's very close to you in height makes it much more comfortable to kiss them good night and to snuggle Wink

It is a shame that lots of women are probably passing him over because of his height.  Not that it's much comfort, but at least he knows if a woman is interested in him she's willing to look beyond his height.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

That is insanely hot.  Stop, or I'll turn into SEEBELL and depress LWhitt.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Please.  The weather has done a good enough job of that, DG.  That'll just spin me out of control.  ;-)

And hey Pip!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

B3, that sounds like a guy who just wants sex. Not that there's anything wrong with that. lol On the subject of online dating, I have a question for you all! For discussion: do you rule out men based on their height? I have a dear old friend who's feeling down about dating lately. He is convinced his lack of luck is because he's only 5'4". I'm trying to tell him that really isn't an issue, especially at our age.  He's handsome, fit, has a great job, etc.... (unfortunately he's not in this state, or I'd already have introduced you single ladies to him... ) What do you say?

He's got my sympathy.  I'm 5' 9 1/2" (that's right, I'm very pleased with that half) so I'm fairly average and greatful for it.  Honestly I'd probably trade a finger to be 6' 2",  but I can't imagine what I'd trade NOT to be 5'4".  A hand perhaps?  I don't feel like I'm obsessed with height or anything but I imagine it can be very tough being a short man. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Interesting! And thanks for your honest responses. To clarify:

NO, he does not target only taller women, and he is winking plenty of shorties. But he also doesn't discriminate against taller women either. He says I'm his "ideal" - since I'm only 5'0" - but he's got the major hots for my girlfriend who's 5'11" and likes to prance around in 4-5 inch stillettos.

He's not so slight he looks like a teenager either. He's quite attractive. And versatile, in that he's got the clean-cut look down and can even look natty in a suit. But he's also a motorcyclist so he can do the scruffy, leather "bad boy" look quite well too.

P.s. I haven't had a cough for six months!! That would be worrisome. Different illnesses. This one happens to involve a bad cough. Phlegm is clear so I'm not too worried about bronchitis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I wonder if this dude knows you're debating his height.  Its kind of funny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I had a boyfriend who was 5'5", and he insisted I wore spike heels all the time, *because* his ego was so big.  He wanted everyone to be thinking 'That guy is hittin' a model!  He is obviously awesome!' 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : OK, I'm gonna go there.  Short guy/tall woman - my dad used to say "When you're nose to nose, your toes are in it.  When you're toes to toes, your nose is in it."
    Posted by LWhitt58

never fails, my Lwhitt pulls through every  time!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

A-E, to be honest, I don't really date guys who are shorter than 5'8. I am 5'9 and 5'8 is pushing it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Thanks, McBostonRob.

Now you all are making me feel bad that I've been telling him to get out of his "victim" mode. I guess I should be validating that it's a real concern?

More questions:

Is it a turn-off if a guy has something in his profile that says "my friends (insert female name) and (insert female name) put me up to this"?

Our other friend went so far as to log in to the site and post a line of text from herself, recommending him. Is that poor form?

Also, he wants to post a pic that includes me in it. It's a great shot of him, but I thought that was bad form, even if he airbrushed me out it would be obvious. Agree?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Jazzy, sorry to hear that. :(
    You're cool in my book.
    Cheer up buttercup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

P.s. I haven't had a cough for six months!! That would be worrisome. Different illnesses. This one happens to involve a bad cough. Phlegm is clear so I'm not too worried about bronchitis.

Ahhh, glad you haven't had a cough that long!  Just stinks being sick so often this season!

I've been EXTREMELY lucky - a quick 2-day cold in November; nothing since then.  :::Phew:::  (Of course, I've probably jinxed myself now!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

But Pip I'm like 6' 3" in a 5' 7" shell!