Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : never fails, my Lwhitt pulls through every  time!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO
    Posted by backbaybabe

Innocent

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

AE I don't like the friends put me up to this line, but the rest are fine, esp if he notes it's a friend in the picture.

BTW, watching CSI Miami, well it's on in the background. Adam Rodriguez is looking edible. YUM!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Don't feel bad Jazzy.  We'll keep you in the loop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    More questions: Is it a turn-off if a guy has something in his profile that says "my friends (insert female name) and (insert female name) put me up to this"?

Our other friend went so far as to log in to the site and post a line of text from herself, recommending him. Is that poor form?

Also, he wants to post a pic that includes me in it. It's a great shot of him, but I thought that was bad form, even if he airbrushed me out it would be obvious. Agree?
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

1.  No.  I think it's kind of cute.  :-)
    2.  Yes.
    3.  Not sure - it at least shows he has cool friends!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, the 'friends put me up to this' makes it sound like your date with him will be the result of a dare - that line should go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Dread, I truly discriminate.

Just being honest. haha... It's hard enough finding tall guys! Everyone is my height, and it weirds me out if I want to wear heels. The guy will say it's not big deal, but then comment on how tall the heels make me. Duh! They are heels. I went out with this guy who said he was 5'7, but was really about 5'5. It was fine until we got caught in the rain and he told me to come to his house so he could put all my clothes in the dryer. No thanks!

Guys about my height are ok, but then I stick to flats. My current HottieQ is 5'11, and doesn't really stand up straight all the time, this bothers me. Not tall enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Morning Ladies and gent. so... I tried to get into the LL facebook group last night and was denied lol. I was told that some people are still uncomfortable with me. I'm really sorry to hear that as I thought I'd at least redeemed some sense of worthiness. But in all, this has been an emotionally draining adventure for me. I have had the pleasure of talking to most of you, on and offline and I'm sorry to those that still lump me in the buckets of KIO and Sean... if you looked at my FB page, you'd notice I'm an open book and if I were to do anything out of character it would only come back to embarrass me much less hurt anyone else. But yeah... that hurt, just a little. I've been asked to meet in person before being accepted to the group, I don't really think that's fair as I believe my full transparency and visibility on my own facebook page should be enough. Like I said last night, I don't want to feel like I'm being initiated into a sorority. Never believed in those in the first place. So again, I'm sorry I still make people feel uncomfortable. Anyway.. enjoy this rainy miserable day
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

Sup Jazzy!!!

i hope this comes out properly as i dont want to offend you or anyone for that matter!!!

Please re-consider the invite that was offered to you for a night out for cocktails...
    I understand where you are coming from in terms of an initiation into a sorority for an internet blog... seems somewhat weird to say the least... and i get that.

BUT, this group of people(LL Lovelies) have become close and are guarded when one or a few have been attacked. and in today's society we all cannot be too cautious...we stand together strong, but love to embrace new comers

please reconsider the invite as we are a fun loving group, and would enjoy to have the opportunity to meet you in person.

dont let this be an emotionally draining experience!!!! LL is offering you a chance t o redeem yourself of your initial shananigans...

accept the olive branch that has been offered

BBB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Interesting! And thanks for your honest responses. To clarify: NO, he does not target only taller women, and he is winking plenty of shorties. But he also doesn't discriminate against taller women either. He says I'm his "ideal" - since I'm only 5'0" - but he's got the major hots for my girlfriend who's 5'11" and likes to prance around in 4-5 inch stillettos. He's not so slight he looks like a teenager either. He's quite attractive. And versatile, in that he's got the clean-cut look down and can even look natty in a suit. But he's also a motorcyclist so he can do the scruffy, leather "bad boy" look quite well too. P.s. I haven't had a cough for six months!! That would be worrisome. Different illnesses. This one happens to involve a bad cough. Phlegm is clear so I'm not too worried about bronchitis.

A-E, I would just like to mention, I work with 4-5 men all 5'4" or under. 2 very under LOL - and they are all happily coupled.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread, I truly discriminate. Just being honest. haha... It's hard enough finding tall guys! Everyone is my height, and it weirds me out if I want to wear heels. The guy will say it's not big deal, but then comment on how tall the heels make me. Duh! They are heels. I went out with this guy who said he was 5'7, but was really about 5'5. It was fine until we got caught in the rain and he told me to come to his house so he could put all my clothes in the dryer. No thanks! Guys about my height are ok, but then I stick to flats. My current HottieQ is 5'11, and doesn't really stand up straight all the time, this bothers me. Not tall enough.
    Posted by mes3pippo

I guess you like what you like.  I'd date anyone of any height.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

hey hey, i'm checking in for a few minutes
    Posted by mes3pippo

Hello Pip - I'm a fan on the avatar. Did you know Paul Walker is about 34 and his gilfriend is barely 18? Makes me like him a little less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

NO, he definitely should NOT have a victim mentality!  No matter WHAT your 'stats' are, a victim mentality is the worst turn off EVER!

It is the opposite of Dread's statement the other day about his prowess with a gun. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

THIS IS FOR JAZZY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, Jazzy - come out!  It sounds stupid, but it is just carefulness. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Paul Walker is yuck then!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Dread - he's not in this state, I doubt he'd ever find this thread. Those of you who are friends with me on FB can probably find him in my photo albums though - he visited here last summer. :-)

Being 5'0", I have always been amazed at the disproportionate number of tall guys that have asked me out. I'd say 95% of the guys I've dated are over 5'10, and that's not by choice - that's who will approach me.

Of the 5% who were shorter, I loved that I didn't get neck pain dancing with them and such. Although there was this one guy... around 5'5" ... who told me flat out "I'm sorry, I can't date you any longer because my mother would never approve. You're too short and she wants me to marry 'up' so her grandchildren are taller." TRUE STORY!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : 1.  No.  I think it's kind of cute.  :-) 2.  Yes. 3.  Not sure - it at least shows he has cool friends!  LOL
    Posted by LWhitt58

I agree with all three, but I would avoid airbrushing you out... That might look creepy.  Maybe he could just crop you out?  I think the best route with the photo of the two of you would be for him to say you're just a friend and leave it at that.  Then that would help filter out uber-suspicious and jealous women who'd assumed you're his ex or current wife.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Tall men like tiny women.  As a 5'9", Mae West-y type person, I am driven crazy by this.  But it is true.  All the tallest guys I know have teeny wives, and I am irresistible to 5'6" guys.  I have a theory that we have a biological drive to keep the average height the same.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

THIS IS FOR JAZZY
    Posted by mes3pippo

Careful Pip, he's mine :) hahaha!! I COMPLETELY missed the text in that picture. Who wouldn't... lolol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Yeah, the 'friends put me up to this' makes it sound like your date with him will be the result of a dare - that line should go.
    Posted by diamondgirl

I have to disagree.  I like that while he might have been reticent to put a profile up on a dating site, his female friends were confident enough in him that they are essentially saying "We know this great guy - get to know him like we do and maybe you'll like him...or even LURRRVE him!"  :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Thanks, McBostonRob. Now you all are making me feel bad that I've been telling him to get out of his "victim" mode. I guess I should be validating that it's a real concern? More questions: Is it a turn-off if a guy has something in his profile that says "my friends (insert female name) and (insert female name) put me up to this"? Our other friend went so far as to log in to the site and post a line of text from herself, recommending him. Is that poor form? Also, he wants to post a pic that includes me in it. It's a great shot of him, but I thought that was bad form, even if he airbrushed me out it would be obvious. Agree?

I do not like to see, "So and so put me up to this..."
    While it could be true he got a push to sign up, nobody's footing the bill, it's ultimately his decision to pay & profile. It also makes it sound like he's not into it.

The lady commenting on the profile I think is a bit weird. When you're dating someone you don't need endorsements to decide if you click, especially from another woman. I think it could be doing more harm than good.

Lastly, I don't think the pic is a good deal if it's candid and shows him having a good time. That being said, there are several media with which to take a picture for posting online, can he use something fresh and singular?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Careful Pip, he's mine :) hahaha!! I COMPLETELY missed the text in that picture. Who wouldn't... lolol
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

That was a dedication to you dear Jazzy, to brighten your day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

NO, he definitely should NOT have a victim mentality!  No matter WHAT your 'stats' are, a victim mentality is the worst turn off EVER! It is the opposite of Dread's statement the other day about his prowess with a gun. 
    Posted by diamondgirl

What'd I do?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Your announcement that you could hit a target with an M16 at 500 ft with iron sights, so you weren't worried about an Internet pizzing contest.

(MELT)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

OK!! that is one HOT looking man....

JAzzy has dibs on him? not fair
    rock paper scissors, Jazzy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Okay, LWhitt - I guess I can see that.  But it might be open to misinterpretation.