Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

BBB and Diamond, thanks. But honestly, it would feel like an interview, and who likes those right? I'm good. Thanks for the invite? I'm just not a huge fan of formalities but I understand and respect your concerns. I just wanted to apologize for making others (perhaps you two?) uncomfortable still. I will stick to posting here on LL like I originally planned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Okey dokey.  I can understand that.  I'm sorry we are constrained by this public forum from saying anything further.  :(  But I look forward to your posts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Sup Jazzy!!! i hope this comes out properly as i dont want to offend you or anyone for that matter!!! Please re-consider the invite that was offered to you for a night out for cocktails... I understand where you are coming from in terms of an initiation into a sorority for an internet blog... seems somewhat weird to say the least... and i get that. BUT, this group of people(LL Lovelies) have become close and are guarded when one or a few have been attacked. and in today's society we all cannot be too cautious...we stand together strong, but love to embrace new comers please reconsider the invite as we are a fun loving group, and would enjoy to have the opportunity to meet you in person. dont let this be an emotionally draining experience!!!! LL is offering you a chance t o redeem yourself of your initial shananigans... accept the olive branch that has been offered BBB
    Posted by backbaybabe

Jazzy - Come on, let's you and me go meet the LL lovelies!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    Okay, LWhitt - I guess I can see that.  But it might be open to misinterpretation. 
    Posted by diamondgirl

Yup, it definitely could be.  I think it depends on the person reading it - or HOW it was written.  :-) 

If there was a statement like "I really didn't want to do this, but two female friends of mine kinda twisted my arm and convinced me to put something up here", I get the impression that he's not willing to "play the game" so to speak.    He doesn't want to make the effort; why should I or any other woman make the effort to get to meet him?

If it said "A couple of my female friends thought this was a good place for me to put up a profile; I wasn't sure, but thought "What the hey?  I'll try it!" type of statement, it would mean "OK, I'm willing to give this a shot" and he was more open to the idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Dread - he's not in this state, I doubt he'd ever find this thread. Those of you who are friends with me on FB can probably find him in my photo albums though - he visited here last summer. :-) Being 5'0", I have always been amazed at the disproportionate number of tall guys that have asked me out. I'd say 95% of the guys I've dated are over 5'10, and that's not by choice - that's who will approach me. Of the 5% who were shorter, I loved that I didn't get neck pain dancing with them and such. Although there was this one guy... around 5'5" ... who told me flat out "I'm sorry, I can't date you any longer because my mother would never approve. You're too short and she wants me to marry 'up' so her grandchildren are taller." TRUE STORY!!
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

I see this all the time, too! My friend is 6'2" his girlfriend is 4'10"...

Every tall man I like "prefers" petite ladies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

One of my tall Marine friends says it is because you can pick them right up for pajama parties.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

BBB and Diamond, thanks. But honestly, it would feel like an interview, and who likes those right? I'm good. Thanks for the invite? I'm just not a huge fan of formalities but I understand and respect your concerns. I just wanted to apologize for making others (perhaps you two?) uncomfortable still. I will stick to posting here on LL like I originally planned.
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

not i Jazzy

yes, it would feel like an interview initially, as was the feeling for most of us the first time we all met at Noir or where ever else... but that feeling subsides quickly.

how about this suggestion, i know you are friendswith certain LL Lovelies on FB...whenever we get the group together again, and subsequent  gatherings, we'll make sure that you will be notifiied...

you evidently like blogging with the group, come out and play and meet some of the other kiddies..
    just like we need to be proven wrong, i think you need to do that as well!!!!!

dont take that wrong, PLEASE!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

IDMWIT, I'd rather you and I take pictures like your avatar and publish a new mag for Men who Love the Un-Petite lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

HOT or NOT?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

HOT or NOT?
    Posted by backbaybabe

Not.  At least in that picture.  Who is it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

BBB - hard to say.  I think I would vote HOT. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Not.  At least in that picture.  Who is it?
    Posted by LWhitt58

some random penny that emailed me....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

IDMWIT, I'd rather you and I take pictures like your avatar and publish a new mag for Men who Love the Un-Petite lol
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

Well, okay... I do like trees and taking pictures. And I like that - un-petite LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

HOT or NOT?
    Posted by backbaybabe

I wouldn't kick him out of bed...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : some random penny that emailed me....
    Posted by backbaybabe

I love that you call them pennies.  :-D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

When you're a shiny penny, you get noticed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : I wouldn't kick him out of bed...
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

He looks a bit like Peter Gallagher (Sex, Lies and Videotape).  Something about the hair and the eyebrows.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : I love that you call them pennies.  :-D
    Posted by LWhitt58

Lwhitt

i call them "shiny pennies" not for their monetary value, but because they are typically freshly minted and shiny...
    who doesnt like a shiny penny?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

When you're a shiny penny, you get noticed!
    Posted by diamondgirl

Then I'm going to drop myself in a vat of copper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Good Morning Peeps- can't wait for this weekend sunny and in the 70's. I'm ready for the rain to be over...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Bruins!  Where are you bud?!?!?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

IDMWIT, will you be an Evil Supervillianess called CopperFinger?

Oh, there's Dread.  Yes, where is Bruins?  Watching the slaughter on the blog?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Yeah I think I'm done on the blog for the day until this dies down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

It is getting icky fast.  Poor LW.  His complaining isn't really very different from the complaining I have heard from lots of people, tasteless though it sounds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

IDMWIT, will you be an Evil Supervillianess called CopperFinger? Oh, there's Dread.  Yes, where is Bruins?  Watching the slaughter on the blog?
    Posted by diamondgirl

Oh, I like that, Diamond! CopperFinger to the rescue!