Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

She's the girl, the girl with the Lincoln Touch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

He's totally taking a (unfair) thrashing.

Today is one of those days where I feel like there is a gender bias.

I don't think the advice to a woman with a burning desire to procreate at that age, would be, "Just find a good man to settle down with, kids aren't that important"

I generally like to pick letters apart, but I really don't think he meant women with children are damaged.

"they either already have kids and are all damaged"

I can be accused of taking things too literally though. If I were the LW and my implication was that women with kids are damaged, I would have clearly phrased it, "They either are already damaged from having children, or..."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    Good Morning Peeps- can't wait for this weekend sunny and in the 70's. I'm ready for the rain to be over...
    Posted by Honeyes

Ugh! Me too... although it is quite fitting for my mood.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

I've only read through about half the comments and I already have a headache. What page is the damaged comment on?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Here's my fantasy baseball team.

Project Mayhem   

Active Batters     

Martinez, Victor C BOS          

Pena, Carlos 1B TB    

Uggla, Dan 2B FLA                            

Youkilis, Kevin 1B BOS          

Escobar, Yunel SS ATL          

Braun, Ryan J. LF MIL           

Dunn, Adam LF WAS                        

Ellsbury, Jacoby CF BOS        

Sandoval, Pablo 3B SF                                   

Active Pitchers   

Anderson, Brett SP OAK                                

Danks, John SP CHW

Gallardo, Yovani SP MIL        

Jurrjens, Jair SP ATL  

Oswalt, Roy SP HOU

Hoffman, Trevor RP MIL        

Valverde, Jose RP DET           

Reserve Batters  

Cabrera, Asdrubal SS CLE                 

Abreu, Bobby RF ANA          

Hart, Corey C. RF MIL          

Reserve Pitchers

Hudson, Tim SP ATL  

Slowey, Kevin SP MIN

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    I've only read through about half the comments and I already have a headache. What page is the damaged comment on?
    Posted by Honeyes

LW put his foot in his mouth a little in the original letter, last paragraph

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

IDMWIT- same here. I'm in a carpy mood today haha. I want to be productive but the rain is making me want to lay on the couch all day lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, I feel like people are ragging on him a little heavily.  It is detracting from his question.  He is suffering on the cross for all the guys out there who *do* think anyone over the age of 23 is bitter and damaged.  And there are those guys, and the Lovelies are justifiably not fans.  But I don't think this LW is a bad as he sounds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Ahhh I only skimmed his letter...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to pitch 3-4 games in the minors before returning to what Tito Francona is hinting might be a six man rotation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

*RECOMMEND* +1

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Then I'm going to drop myself in a vat of copper.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Posted by Honeyes

It was the LW's letter himself, Honeyes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

How does Fantasy Baseball work? Never played...

On another note, I may be going to my first Redsox game next week if everything goes according to plan. Yay me...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to pitch 3-4 games in the minors before returning to what Tito Francona is hinting might be a six man rotation.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Yeah.  Please note that I do not have any Sox pitchers.  A 6 man rotation kills their fantasy value.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

How does Fantasy Baseball work? Never played... On another note, I may be going to my first Redsox game next week if everything goes according to plan. Yay me...
    Posted by Honeyes

You draft different players and based on their stats you calculate scores.  Its fun if you like stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : LW put his foot in his mouth a little in the original letter, last paragraph

This is where I'd want to write "PROOFREAD, you maroon!" to anyone writing in to a blog that allows comments from readers!  If Dread's right and the word was supposed to be an "OR" vs. an "AND", that makes a BIG difference in meaning.  Especially when there are many women who read/respond on this blog!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Dread - You can't have Youk. I want him.

And B73 has made his appearance.... on the "other" side

Speaking of the weather, did you guys see the radar?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I don't care who pitches, as long as I am watching the game.  I hate going six months without my daily 3 hour fix.

Please note; this post is completely baseball-related.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread - You can't have Youk. I want him. And B73 has made his appearance.... on the "other" side Speaking of the weather, did you guys see the radar?!?!

Yeah I saw.  I'm scared of the blog right now though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

It is getting icky fast.  Poor LW.  His complaining isn't really very different from the complaining I have heard from lots of people, tasteless though it sounds.
    Posted by diamondgirl

I had to laugh at "all damaged" because he seemingly sees himself as undamaged. My husband, when we worked together and had not dated yet, used to refer to any woman who had been in a relationship and was single again as "damaged goods". This coming from a man who had been in a couple of serious relationships and was totally railroaded by his last girlfriend, so badly so, that he didn't want to date ever again. Now THAT is damaged goods. Granted, the last woman was just so cruel, but not up until the point when they were on vacation in Canada and she decided to tell him that she didn't want to marry him and that she was moving out. She said, "I don't love you. You're too nice. It's not you, it's me".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I don't care who pitches, as long as I am watching the game.  I hate going six months without my daily 3 hour fix. Please note; this post is completely baseball-related.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Well I care who pitches because I want to field the best team possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

My boy Wake is going to be fourth.  I am going to be so depressed when he retires this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Looks like a really big storm ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, right, admin?  Everyone over the age of 12 is damaged by Love.  It's just true.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Well, Dread, we have two different aims here.  You want bragging rights over your buddies, and something to make keeping an eye on MLB interesting all year.

I just want to drown in baseball.  I have been to two World Series parades.  If they lose 162 this year, I will still <3 them.

Sections
Shortcuts