Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Oh, how I love chinkster! I can go without it for a while, but then once I have it, I want it again... and again... until I've had a little sampling of virtually everything on the menu. However, to steal a Kate Moss line: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Down 7 lbs. so far. 43 to go. Ha! I'll be at the gym after work. Again.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

Good for you!  I need to start going in the mornings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Sorry to hear you lost a friend, LW.   It's so nice you got to meet her, and how amazing it is how you can bond with a friend online.  I'm sure the cooking board was a great distraction for her when she wasn't feeling well, and of course, brought her friends like you.  Hope you can send a communication to her family, I am sure it will mean a lot to hear from you.    Sending a hug.   xox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Good for you IDMWIT- I have 70 to go and am hoping for it to be gone by July...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I wonder if final fantasy is the most popular video for youtube songs. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonpareil. Show nonpareil's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Oh, how I love chinkster! I can go without it for a while, but then once I have it, I want it again... and again... until I've had a little sampling of virtually everything on the menu. However, to steal a Kate Moss line: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Down 7 lbs. so far. 43 to go. Ha! I'll be at the gym after work. Again.

Good for you, IDMWIT! I'm doing Atkins, and have lost 15 pounds so far. Yup, plenty still to go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I think kate meant to say - nothing tastes as good as crackcocaine.. lol and she's grossly skinny.

I lost 30lbs in 3 weeks. I'm telling ya... do the HGC diet I was talking about.

http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Crap.  I just found out that a friend I met online on a cooking board (and who I finally got to meet IRL last year when she and her daughter and sister came to play tourist in Boston) just passed away.  She had been battling brain, spinal, liver and several other forms of cancer that just completely took over her body in the past few years, and had been in hospice for the last few weeks.  She waged a valiant fight, but the son of a b-itch got her. Shite, crap, and hellacious damnation!  WHY do the good ones have to be taken so soon????
    Posted by LWhitt58

LW58, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing. :-(
    She and her daughter will be in my prayers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonpareil. Show nonpareil's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : I think kate meant to say - nothing tastes as good as crackcocaine.. lol and she's grossly skinny. I lost 30lbs in 3 weeks. I'm telling ya... do the HGC diet I was talking about. http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

Jazzy -- It is expensive?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : LW58, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing. :-( She and her daughter will be in my prayers.

Thanks - she has more kids - I only had the good fortune to meet one of them.  Two daughters, two sons (and another son, her oldest, who was killed by a train 2 years ago, I believe, on the day she was diagnosed with cancer). 

The strength of this woman was just beyond belief.  From what I've seen in the one daughter I've met, her strength was passed along to her children.  I'm glad she got to travel with her to many jumping competitions...her daughter is in a jump-rope competitive group that was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this last Thanksgiving - and my friend got to go and watch her daughter be in the Parade.  I know it meant EVERYTHING to her daughter to have her Mom there.  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

(this looked really messy, just edited it)

so... your best bet is to buy the "stuff" in bulk, meaning more than one at a time. The "stuff" is $35 for a tube of powder but shipping is like $25, so, most people lose an average of 25-30 the first round. so if you want to lose more than that, I'd buy more than one tube at a time to save on shipping.

My friend has lost 60 in 4 months. (she took a break between rounds which is recommended so your body can level off). I lost 30 and gained 5 (as to be expected) and I've maintained since last August. I plan to do it again in two weeks. Which excites me. Its HARD as h3ll though.

Here is an email I sent a friend -

A little background:HCG is a chemical or hormone derived from the Urine of a Pregnant Woman. When taking it, it targets the “bad” fat while providing the necessary nutrients your body needs to survive and thrive. The deal is this – you pig out for 2 days straight while taking the “sublingual” (hcg) twice a day (you have the option of injecting it once a day). On day three you cut down to 500 calories, breaking it up into two small meals a day. No carbs no sugars. TONS of water. You do this for 20 days. Then you start get off the sublingual and you eat 500 calories for 3 more days. You then build yoru calorie intake back up for 3 weeks without carbs and sugars. The first couple of days on the VLCD(very low calorie diet) you are tired but soon thereafter it is insane the energy you have from eating such a little amount of food. Goes to show what all those chemicals, preservatives, and sugars are doing to your body.

Resources:The actually background and diet plan that started this “phenomenon”:  http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/en/articles/introduction/7-pounds-and-inches

Website for General and Specific Information:  I used
    www.happilythinnerafter.com, it is a useful website that also provides a support group, forum, recipes, etc. Let me know if you need some more advice or you can put her in touch with me too, that’s fine.

Starter Kit: You want to get the starter kit (you can find it here -
    http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/en/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1 -         
    includes a book on how to do everything, with some recipes (really useful), the syringes you need, the glass bottles (amber vials) you need, a food scale, etc. You have to buy the actual HCG separately.

I just ordered some, it came in from India. Took about 15 days? Maybe less. If you are comfortable doing the injections I’d do that. But I won’t use a needle on myself lol.

HCG Pharmacy Website:
    http://www.pharmacyescrow.com/s33559-s-HCG-PREGNYL.aspx -   and this is specifically what I got BUY HCG PREGNYL 5000 I.U. (LUPI ZY - NEW!)  you use the powder. The Kit shows you how to mix it. There is so much info on the website it can be really overwhelming. Sign up for the website, join the forum and you get SO much info. I honestly suggest getting the starter kit because the book in there is great. Let me know if you need anything else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Thanks - she has more kids - I only had the good fortune to meet one of them.  Two daughters, two sons (and another son, her oldest, who was killed by a train 2 years ago, I believe, on the day she was diagnosed with cancer).  The strength of this woman was just beyond belief.  From what I've seen in the one daughter I've met, her strength was passed along to her children.  I'm glad she got to travel with her to many jumping competitions...her daughter is in a jump-rope competitive group that was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this last Thanksgiving - and my friend got to go and watch her daughter be in the Parade.  I know it meant EVERYTHING to her daughter to have her Mom there.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Wow this gave me goosebumps. How tragic to lose a child like that on such an already tragic day. ugh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Thanks guys - it's not as tough as I thought, but definitely WaaaY tougher than the last time I lost weight.

I thought the last time would be the "last time" and then ... whatever... LOL

It's good to hear you all are doing well with your weight loss, too!!

NP - my dad's gone from 290 to 194 on Atkins!
    Atkins worked for me from 305 to 240, then I switched it up.

To get those last couple of pounds off, don't laugh, I pierced my tongue.

I couldn't eat for about 2 weeks and I hit my goal! Not the smartest, but hey I was desperate...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Honeyes, you sound like such a nice, determined person!   Hope your weight loss continues because you already sound beautiful (outside and in) and the weight loss will just be the icing on the cake!  

IDMWIT, you, too.

If possible, enjoy your afternoon!  I have a lot of work to do, and have to get the focus back.  Not easy with the rain crashing against the windows!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Thanks - she has more kids - I only had the good fortune to meet one of them.  Two daughters, two sons (and another son, her oldest, who was killed by a train 2 years ago, I believe, on the day she was diagnosed with cancer).  The strength of this woman was just beyond belief.  From what I've seen in the one daughter I've met, her strength was passed along to her children.  I'm glad she got to travel with her to many jumping competitions...her daughter is in a jump-rope competitive group that was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this last Thanksgiving - and my friend got to go and watch her daughter be in the Parade.  I know it meant EVERYTHING to her daughter to have her Mom there.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

She sounds marvelous, LW.
    Women like her never really die, as you said, her spirit and memory will live on in her children.
    What blessing she had, and what a blessing she was to others!

A toast to your friend, Irish Wake Style Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Honeyes, you sound like such a nice, determined person!   Hope your weight loss continues because you already sound beautiful (outside and in) and the weight loss will just be the icing on the cake!   IDMWIT, you, too. If possible, enjoy your afternoon!  I have a lot of work to do, and have to get the focus back.  Not easy with the rain crashing against the windows!! 
    Posted by yogafriend

Thanks Yoga! I wish you could hang out more. You always pop right in and right out with these little pearls but never have time to play! :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid :  A toast to your friend, Irish Wake StyleSmile

And THAT she would like!  As do I.  Thanks.  Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

Crap.  I just found out that a friend I met online on a cooking board (and who I finally got to meet IRL last year when she and her daughter and sister came to play tourist in Boston) just passed away.  She had been battling brain, spinal, liver and several other forms of cancer that just completely took over her body in the past few years, and had been in hospice for the last few weeks.  She waged a valiant fight, but the son of a b-itch got her. Shite, crap, and hellacious damnation!  WHY do the good ones have to be taken so soon????
    Posted by LWhitt58

So sorry, LWhitt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

Okay, you lost me at;

HCG is a chemical or hormone derived from the Urine of a Pregnant Woman.

Yeah, lost. Way, way lost.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Crap.  I just found out that a friend I met online on a cooking board... just passed away.  She had been battling brain, spinal, liver and several other forms of cancer that just completely took over her body in the past few years, and had been in hospice for the last few weeks.
    Posted by LWhitt58

Frown I'm sorry for your loss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Okay, you lost me at; HCG is a chemical or hormone derived from the Urine of a Pregnant Woman. Yeah, lost. Way, way lost.
    Posted by adminconsult1

loses alot of people. it isn't the "pee" itself. it's something derived. You'd be surprised what's in medicines today that people would be far more lost if they knew lol. It's not for everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Thanks Yoga!!! That was so nice of you :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : loses alot of people. it isn't the "pee" itself. it's something derived. You'd be surprised what's in medicines today that people would be far more lost if they knew lol. It's not for everyone.
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

Exactly. I got more lost along the whole do 500 calories for this long - it makes me think I'd lose the weight anyway, but good luck with it!

Another thing people don't know: a resin secreted by the female lac bug to form her cocoon is used in shellac... a/k/a the glaze on skittles.

I like to keep a fun size Skittles in my pocket. Just in case I meet a vegan.
    (LOL - just kidding)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from drinky. Show drinky's posts

Hey Jazzy-
    Just read the HGC info - I'm still unclear on how it targets the fat. Frankly, it sounds a little scary, especially the injection part.  

It seems like the 500 calorie diet is what would make you lose weight.  And I'm cranky if I only eat 1,200 calories a day, I can't imagine the b*tch I would be on 500.  

I'm amazed that you and your friend were able to do that for so long. 

-Drinky

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adminconsult1. Show adminconsult1's posts

Hey Jazzy- Just read the HGC info - I'm still unclear on how it targets the fat. Frankly, it sounds a little scary, especially the injection part.   It seems like the 500 calorie diet is what would make you lose weight.  And I'm cranky if I only eat 1,200 calories a day, I can't imagine the b*tch I would be on 500.   I'm amazed that you and your friend were able to do that for so long.  -Drinky
    Posted by drinky

I went on the site to read about it and when I got to 500 calories a day I was a little horrified, more than the thought of the urine. What does that do to blood sugar levels? I really think I'd eat my fist.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 3/30 - March Is In Like A Lion, Out Like A Mermaid : Another thing people don't know: a resin secreted by the female lac bug to form her cocoon is used in shellac... a/k/a the glaze on skittles.

I like to keep a fun size Skittles in my pocket. Just in case I meet a vegan. (LOL - just kidding)

ROFL!