Love Letters 4/2 PEEP! PEEP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Re: Love Letters 4/2 PEEP! PEEP!

In Response to Re: Love Letters 4/2 PEEP! PEEP!:
    That's not true.  There's definitely bad naked.
    Posted by Dread27

I challenge you to provide an example.

Unless we're ice fishing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread - That's a Seinfeld episode. He has the gf that does everything nekid. And he's freaked out by it. So he does it too. He uses a belt sander nekid I think. Hilarious! Definitely a bad nekid.
    Posted by Bruins73

There you go bud!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

IDMWIT _ read above - Seinfeld episode. Bad nekid

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Dread - That's a Seinfeld episode. He has the gf that does everything nekid. And he's freaked out by it. So he does it too. He uses a belt sander nekid I think. Hilarious! Definitely a bad nekid.
    Posted by Bruins73

Okay. Bad nekkid. I was thinking along the lines of skinny dipping, skinny skiing, going to bullfights on acid...

Well, okay - not so much maybe skinny dip, more like a chunky dunk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McBostonrob. Show McBostonrob's posts

Blond.
    More fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I will definitely let you guys know. My boss set her friend an email last night so I am hoping for a response when I get to work today. I will totally find out if there are any left and let you guys know. She sells them for cheap because they used to be her brothers but he died so they were grandfathered to her and she has no interest in sports. I know someone else selling tixs for 400 a pair but they are in the Pavillion?. They are bar stools and you have your own cocktail service and full access to the State Street Bar... I thought those were way to expensive for me so I passed. BTW- Hi Jazzers and IDMWIT :-)
    Posted by Honeyes

You're awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

While we're on the topic of food, I need recipe suggestions. For Easter dinner. We're having 13 people over. I'm having a ham as the main event. Scallopped potatoes. I want to do a few cold salads - something I can make ahead of time on Saturday, easy, no muss, no fuss...

Any suggestions? Particularly if they involve either asparagus or green beans, or some other spring veggie...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

I think going to a bullfight on acid naked is probably as bad as it gets haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters 4/2 PEEP! PEEP! : Okay. Bad nekkid. I was thinking along the lines of skinny dipping, skinny skiing, going to bullfights on acid... Well, okay - not so much maybe skinny dip, more like a chunky dunk.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

hahaha chunky dunk.  I was trying to explain the hilarity of a chubby guy in a banana hammock recently.  I don't think this is appreciated enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

A-E what about Cauliflower Salad. It's just like potato but healthier and in my opnion better tasting. Or you could do a 3 bean salad. I have a few recipes if you want them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

I also have a great recipe for roasted asparagus if you want it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

While we're on the topic of food, I need recipe suggestions. For Easter dinner. We're having 13 people over. I'm having a ham as the main event. Scallopped potatoes. I want to do a few cold salads - something I can make ahead of time on Saturday, easy, no muss, no fuss... Any suggestions? Particularly if they involve either asparagus or green beans, or some other spring veggie...
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

Get fresh green beans.  Simmer some butter in a pan to grease it up a bit then throw the green beans in there.  Then just sprinke on some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grated parm.  Cook them to how you like them and serve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

That's not true.  There's definitely bad naked.
    Posted by Dread27

Like when Jerry Seinfeld's GF opened the pickle jar with her thighs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

While we're on the topic of food, I need recipe suggestions. For Easter dinner. We're having 13 people over. I'm having a ham as the main event. Scallopped potatoes. I want to do a few cold salads - something I can make ahead of time on Saturday, easy, no muss, no fuss... Any suggestions? Particularly if they involve either asparagus or green beans, or some other spring veggie...

Ooo... I love a nice Greek pasta salad.
    And it's a little extra fun because Eastern Orthodox Easter falls on the same day this year as regular Christian Easter.

And I have made this recipe before and loved it (asparagrass is my favorite)
    I leave out the walnuts, as my mom is allergic :-)

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon minced shallot
    • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    • 3/4 teaspoons salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1/4 cup walnut oil
    • 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and steamed until just tender
    • 1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. While continuing to whisk, add the vegetable oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly. Whisk in the walnut oil.

Place asparagus on platter and pour dressing over asparagus. Garnish with walnuts and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Dread that sounds yummy :-)

And guys I'll let you know about the tixs tomorrow night. Dread if you're not going then I'll email you...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Please send the 3-bean salad recipe!

I love cauliflower too, but this is more of a potato family... meat-and-potato family... gotta cater to the crowd!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread that sounds yummy :-) And guys I'll let you know about the tixs tomorrow night. Dread if you're not going then I'll email you...
    Posted by Honeyes

You have my email?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Love your Andy Warhol Peeps!

And -- sorry Bruins. Didn't see your post. You beat me to it, otherwise I wouldn't have been redundant.

And - -gorgeous eggs, IDMWIT. From Europe?

And -- DG - love those shoes!

And -- PC - coolness with the electric guitar Peep! (And you too, Jazzy - with the automobile Peep)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

IDMWIT, that sounds YUMMY!! Can it be prepared the day before, or will it get all soggy? This is my challenge... I want to do the bare-minimum in the kitchen on Sunday. Just heat the ham while the potato casserole bakes, and pull everything out of the fridge and that's it...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Here's a couple of recipes:

Cauliflower Salad: 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
    3/4 cup lite mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon mustard
    1 teaspoon salt
    ground black pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon splenda
    3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
    1/4 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
    3 slices crisply cooked turkey bacon, crumbled

DIRECTIONS
    Place cauliflower in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
    In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, Splenda and pepper. Add the cauliflower, eggs, onion, peas, and bacon to the dressing and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. The longer the cauliflower salad chills, the better the flavor.

3 Bean Salad:

1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can of diced tomatoes ( I used delmonte with garlic and onion)
    I drained as much liquid as I could from the tomatoes but left a tiny bit in
    1 can of green beans, drained
    I took about 1/2 of a red onion and made small about 1 inch long and thin slices
    and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (Sorrento sells it pregrated)
    I was going to put some sliced black olives too but I forgot to put them on the list lol

I put in about 1/2 a bottle of italain dressing
    well I only had a little left so i threw some red wine vinegar andsome oilive oil in lol.. and threw that in too! lol.

So just mix all that together, cover and stick it in the fridge the longer it sits the better it gets!

Roasted Asparagus:

Wash asparagus and break off tough bottom third or so.
    Lay asparagus in a single layer in a casserole or jelly roll pan.
    Drizzle with olive oil and roll the stalks to lightly coat all sides.
    Sprinkle liberally with Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle and lightly sprinkle with Penzey's Sicilian Salad Seasoning.
    Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes to desired tenderness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

A-E,

Also for green beans, I sautee them in a little butter and Limoncello, with a dusting of garlic powder, onion powder, rose/red pepper (not flakes, ground red peppercorn, black would work just as well, but I happen) and it comes out delicious.

A lot of people like the lemon and green beans, I was never a fan, it's too bitter.
    However, the Limoncello is soooo delicious, it adds just the right flavor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Blond. More fun.
    Posted by McBostonrob

For me? :) I'm staying blonde, gonna put some reddish highlights in it too :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

Dread- we're facebook friends lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

For the frugal (like me) amongst us - Don't forget all the Easter decorating supplies are waaaay marked down as of Monday morning. And, if you're in the Brookline Booksmith neighborhood, Easter and Passover cards will be like, 50 - 75 percent off next week.

Heck, yesterday, I could hardly even find a serious Easter greeting card. All gone by the Thursday before Easter?

But I found a beautiful Easter chocolate, with a late 19th-century Easter card printed into the chocolate. CVS. Very pretty.

Dread and Bruins - and where are your Peeps avatars?Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I hate beans.. and easter.. and easter beans...

RDG - how come i don't see your peep? I only see the dog?

DIMMMY - I'm so eating mcDonalllddsss.. lol

and where did you break down? THAT s ucks.. or konk out lol

Sections
Shortcuts