Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe

What?  Seriously, Dread?  I hate lobster, and can't seem to avoid it here.  When it gets nicer out, you shoudl head to James Hook's retail shack by the Coast Guard building downtown, and get one of their lobster rolls.  Apparently, they are Teh Awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Do you guys ever have those days when you think everyone is just looking at you funny? So you check yourself in the mirror, but you're fine?

I had one of those days yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

************BACON**********

all the time, any time, any where, everywhere, on anyone, not on anyone
    upside down, rightside up, forwards, backwards, in a foreign place, not a foreign place. in bed, not in bed, sharing, not sharing...

get my drift!!!! entice me with bacon, and im ALL yours!!!!

just saying

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : The only time I've ever had lobster or crab was on Surf and Turf night at the mess hall in Iraq.  I loved it!  So my guess is that it HAS to be better here.
    Posted by Dread27

Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute, Dread.  You live in BOSTON.  And you've only ever had lobster in Iraq?

WTH is WRONG with this picture?????  (I'm gonna go all Seebell on you about this, because this is

JUST

PLAIN

WRONG!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Maybe they are looking at you funny because you are peering suspiciously at them?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Do you guys ever have those days when you think everyone is just looking at you funny? So you check yourself in the mirror, but you're fine? I had one of those days yesterday.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

No boogers?  No slip or underwear showing?  No target on your back? 

Hmmmm....maybe everyone just thought you were HAWT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : The only time I've ever had lobster or crab was on Surf and Turf night at the mess hall in Iraq.  I loved it!  So my guess is that it HAS to be better here.
    Posted by Dread27

Oh, Dread, my friend, you have been deprived!

We'll get you down to the cape for this place's lobster rolls. Yum!!
    But as far as crab goes - I like the Alaskan King crab - Roche Bros. will have a special on it about once a year where it has NOT been frozen.

At least I'll make sure to have some good, fresh lobster meat at my Hula party.

My dad bought me a couple lobster traps last year so I could trawl a little. Once I paint the buoys, those suckers are getting dropped in the Atlantic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

************BACON********** all the time, any time, any where, everywhere, on anyone, not on anyone upside down, rightside up, forwards, backwards, in a foreign place, not a foreign place. in bed, not in bed, sharing, not sharing... get my drift!!!! entice me with bacon, and im ALL yours!!!! just saying
    Posted by backbaybabe

Keerist, bbb - the both of us are SO easy.  ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Maybe they are looking at you funny because you are peering suspiciously at them?
    Posted by diamondgirl

Hahaha!! I want to videotape myself sometimes to make sure I don't subconsciously do this kind of stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : But as far as crab goes - I like the Alaskan King crab - Roche Bros. will have a special on it about once a year where it has NOT been frozen.

Are you sure about that, IDMWIT?  I'd be very surprised (especially at a Roche Bros.) if it wasn't previously flash frozen in the Alaskan Sea...it is, after all, coming from 3500 miles away and crab fishermen aren't dayboat fishermen - they're out at sea for weeks until they fill the hold, right?  Only way to keep it fresh is flash-freeze it at sea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : We once had a cat who loved water.  Whenever it rained she'd come home drenched !  I think she did that in part to get the towel rubdown from us.  But, seriously, she must have rolled around all the puddles she could find.  None of the other cats ever got that soaked.
    Posted by TwoCentDonation

My favorite cat, Diamond, used to love the water.
    I had her when I was a little girl, she used to jump in the bathtub with me.
    And at the beach, she would actually walk into the ocean with me and go swimming. She dog paddled. Funny!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : Keerist, bbb - the both of us are SO easy.  ;-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

only thing with me and bacon.... DONT EVER get your fingers near the bacon if you value your digits and want to be able to be independant...

i should just wear a warning sign when bacon is around to caution others to proceed at THEIR own risk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I know what you are all saying but I come from a modest family where we only really ate chicken or noodles most nights.  At one point my mom asked me what I wanted to eat and I said "I will eat steak and I will eat shrimp."  She said "Well then you will eat somewhere else."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : Are you sure about that, IDMWIT?  I'd be very surprised (especially at a Roche Bros.) if it wasn't previously flash frozen in the Alaskan Sea...it is, after all, coming from 3500 miles away and crab fishermen aren't dayboat fishermen - they're out at sea for weeks until they fill the hold, right?  Only way to keep it fresh is flash-freeze it at sea.
    Posted by LWhitt58

I couldn't believe it myself. But, allegedly, it is iced and shipped (not flash frozen) same day one week a year. I don't know how the logistics plays out, but I know it's typically impossible to get it, and that's why, I assumed, they made such a big deal about it at $59.99/lb. or whatever prohibitively expensive price they sold it for...

I don't really care one way or the other, but my dad is one of the biggest seafood snobs on the planet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

I keep seeing BACON as  Iscroll through this.. and I LUST bacon.. anyone going to the Boston Bacon and Beer Festival??

http://bostonbaconandbeer.eventbrite.com/

Together with SoWa Sundays, @eatBoston is happy to present the 2010 Boston Bacon and Beer Festival, Boston's first food event of its kind. On Saturday, April 24 at the historic Power Station in the SoWa district of the South End, bacon themed dishes from the Boston area's best restaurants will be paired with tasty beer from New England's top breweries. All this in the name of a great cause! After expenses, all proceeds will benefit Community Servings, Share our Strength, South End Youth Baseball and, The Juniper Fund.

But that's not all! There will also be live music from East Coast Soul, Boston's premier funk and soul band, tables from local artists, and special pig butchery demonstrations featuring Chef Will Gilson from Garden at the Cellar, Vadim Akimenko from Akimenko Meats, Jamie Bissonnette from Toro / Coppa., and Jason Bond from Beacon Hill Bistro.

Your ticket gets you in to the event where you're free to sample food and beer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

I posted this late on Friday, and I’m not sure how many people saw it, so I’m repeating it earlier today:

We’ve noticed the concern about personal information being revealed online, but there have been very few actual abuse reports about this. Whether it’s on LL, your forum discussions, or your own b.com profile page, you need to hit Report Abuse in order to get the comment – and your complaint about it -- into our system.

If you flag a comment, then we can see who posted it, and we can take action. It helps if you add some details about what the problem is, such as: “This poster is revealing my real name.”

Also, I urge you to resist speculating **in public** about other users who might be responsible for a problem. If you see something of  concern, just tell the moderators – by flagging the comment with an Abuse Report. Or tell Meredith. Or tell Boston.com’s customer service. It’s our job to take care of this.

Another concern: It’s nice that people want to share their personal stories with the letter writers and with the LL community. But please exercise caution about personal details. You are sharing them with a large audience.

(Lastly, I also urge you to be careful on the Facebook page that some of you have been using. That page is outside of our control, but what gets said there has a way of coming back here.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : No boogers?  No slip or underwear showing?  No target on your back?  Hmmmm....maybe everyone just thought you were HAWT!
    Posted by LWhitt58

That's what I thought! Ha! But after the gym I showered and redressed, then I was with my friend, and finally, at the end of the night, I was like, is there something wrong with my FACE? Haha. She was like, no, you just look tired.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

I posted this late on Friday, and I’m not sure how many people saw it, so I’m repeating it earlier today:      We’ve noticed the concern about personal information being revealed online, but there have been very few actual abuse reports about this. Whether it’s on LL, your forum discussions, or your own b.com profile page, you need to hit Report Abuse in order to get the comment – and your complaint about it -- into our system.     If you flag a comment, then we can see who posted it, and we can take action. It helps if you add some details about what the problem is, such as: “This poster is revealing my real name.”      Also, I urge you to resist speculating **in public** about other users who might be responsible for a problem. If you see something of   concern, just tell the moderators – by flagging the comment with an Abuse Report. Or tell Meredith. Or tell Boston.com’s customer service. It’s our job to take care of this.        Another concern: It’s nice that people want to share their personal stories with the letter writers and with the LL community. But please exercise caution about personal details. You are sharing them with a large audience.      (Lastly, I also urge you to be careful on the Facebook page that some of you have been using. That page is outside of our control, but what gets said there has a way of coming back here.)
    Posted by BostonDotCom

Thank you BDC...

i agree..

let's all be extra careful of slipping up on personal info mentioned on this site and LL...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

If you don't want to pay as much for lobster you can try this trick: get a lobster from a fish market and see if they'll boil it for you.  My grandmother used to do this, and it cost less than what you'd pay in a restaurant.  After all, you can melt your own butter Wink

Although you'll want to get the lobster eating implements beforehand...  Maybe Bed Bath & Beyond.

Mmmmmm..... lobster...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I keep seeing BACON as  Iscroll through this.. and I LUST bacon.. anyone going to the Boston Bacon and Beer Festival?? http://bostonbaconandbeer.eventbrite.com/ Together with SoWa Sundays , @eatBoston is happy to present the 2010 Boston Bacon and Beer Festival, Boston's first food event of its kind. On Saturday, April 24 at the historic Power Station in the SoWa district of the South End, bacon themed dishes from the Boston area's best restaurants will be paired with tasty beer from New England's top breweries.
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL

I would like to go to this! I keep buying tickets for stuff and I never end up having anyone to go with though, so we'll see... haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Thank you, BDC - I think sometimes we forget we are kind of 'on TV' here.

Dread, we never had lobster at home.  We were lucky enough to have relatives living in seafaring places who helped us out with the fresh-caught.  We had stuff like spaghetti and butter at home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : only thing with me and bacon.... DONT EVER get your fingers near the bacon if you value your digits and want to be able to be independant... i should just wear a warning sign when bacon is around to caution others to proceed at THEIR own risk
    Posted by backbaybabe

As long as it's evenly divided between us, bbb, the digits are safe.  ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : I would like to go to this! I keep buying tickets for stuff and I never end up having anyone to go with though, so we'll see... haha

Nice! let's go. My friend's birthday is the night before so we are gonna do this for her. But  Idon't really know/like most of her friends, so it would be good to have bat girl with me. (haha stead of wing man)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Lovelies' 3/29 Breakfast Cafe : I couldn't believe it myself. But, allegedly, it is iced and shipped (not flash frozen) same day one week a year. I don't know how the logistics plays out, but I know it's typically impossible to get it, and that's why, I assumed, they made such a big deal about it at $59.99/lb. or whatever prohibitively expensive price they sold it for... I don't really care one way or the other, but my dad is one of the biggest seafood snobs on the planet.

Fair enough - I used to get wild copper River Sockeye Salmon once a year - caught and fileted and shipped same day (on dry ice) within a few week period in June.  Would cost me $74.99 for 3 lbs. but it was the BEST salmon I'd ever eaten!

http://www.seabear.com/Catalog/Category/A+Summer+of+Fresh+%5E+Wild.aspx

Ahhh, I see they're now offering a smaller portion - 1-1/2 lbs. for $45 as well.  I didn't buy any last season because I just couldn't justify the cost what with taking a pay cut, etc.  But boy, did I miss having it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I posted this late on Friday, and I’m not sure how many people saw it, so I’m repeating it earlier today:      We’ve noticed the concern about personal information being revealed online, but there have been very few actual abuse reports about this. Whether it’s on LL, your forum discussions, or your own b.com profile page, you need to hit Report Abuse in order to get the comment – and your complaint about it -- into our system.     If you flag a comment, then we can see who posted it, and we can take action. It helps if you add some details about what the problem is, such as: “This poster is revealing my real name.”     
    Posted by BostonDotCom

I did see it (and posted a response there as well).  Those two specific posts were obviously reported, as they were removed pretty quickly.