Love Letters Off Topic 3/22

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22

Why should I change my name?  He's the one that $uck$.

And I'm out of here!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Oh, noes, everyone is gone!

I like tarot, A-E!

Hey!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : I'm still so blindly amazed at this, RDG - especially that Gaelic (which I've said before).  That's one thing this country doesn't do is try and make sure students learn another language. I used to be great in my high school Spanish classes.  I mean, I was one of the top 2.  Have lost it all.  I can pronounce it when I'm reading it off the menu at Dali, and my pronunciation is still pretty good (I think, at least) but reading/speaking comprehension is nil. I've often wanted to get one of those Rosetta Stones for Latin American Spanish and re-learn it secretly so I know what the hey the waiters and bartenders are saying at Dali.  And then surprise them.  :-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Ihave language of you, LWhitt. I don't have any Spanish.

Rosetta Stone really works. I have a friend who passed her doctoral program foreign language requirement in part by using Rosetta Stone's Italian.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : Welsh = Katherine Zeta Jones
    Posted by mes3pippo

She's beautiful. But I saw her in one of her earliest films, and she's definitely "had work done." She was pretty back then, too, in a round, curvy kind of way. Now, she's toned and sculpted. I don't know why these actors do it, when they look fine to begin with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : Ihave language of you, LWhitt. I don't have any Spanish. Rosetta Stone really works. I have a friend who passed her doctoral program foreign language requirement in part by using Rosetta Stone's Italian.
    Posted by reindeergirl

VERY good to know, RDG - thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I have taken a lot of languages, and have to say that I never get a chance to use them.  This country went to great pains to teach me Latin, Attic Greek, Italian, and small amounts of Spanish and French.  But the US educational system can't force there to be Italians for me to talk to.  In Europe, you can take a train trip of a length smaller than Texas, and go through five countries.  They automatically have people to keep up their language studies with. 

So it is not totally our fault.  Language is the ultimate use it or lose it skill.  Unless we want to start an Italian club to practice on each other?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : VERY good to know, RDG - thanks!
    Posted by LWhitt58

What a typo I made. Not "I have language of you," but "I have language-envy of you."