Love Letters Off Topic 3/22

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22:
    In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : Hey RDG, Did you leave me a message last night?
    Posted by PowerCord

Yes, PC, on FB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

SM - it's real bad over there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

"Well without me posting like a quarter of the posts are going away."

I'd like to read more of your limericks, Dread. Srsly.

Thanks for the update on "it," LWhitt. Also, I had the darndest time figuring out how to use FB.

And yes, it's dead in there today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Ug, we are here again today?   I don't feel well enough to play anyway.  Sinus infection. Chat with you all tomorrow.
    Posted by Milfit

We're in both places, Milfit - because Dread's got his strike still going on.

I do hope you feel better!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : My take is that when he saw you drive by, he thought you were stalking him. Otherwise, I'm nodding along with two-sheds and JBar and Lwhitt.... you do deserve better! Also may I add, the guy can't spell in his texts. Find someone who has better command of the english language, like you do!
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

A-E, thanks for making me laugh. The poor guy can't spell for beans.

And wow - he's so full of himself, I bet he thinks I was stalking him. But seriously - he said he was going to hang with his sister! He shouldn't have even been in that neighborhood.

We're from two different planets, really. I thought it was one of those 'embrace your differences' kind of thing. Sometimes, differences can prove too much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Dread - I'm surprised it's even hit 500 in your absence.

You do the LL crew proud, sir.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know I am not part of your group, but have to put my 2 cents in, if that is ok.  I am struck by him telling you he wants to grow old with you, have kids etc. while he HAD A GIRLFRIEND.  He is a player and not an honest person at all. He likes to have his cake and eat it too.  He has a woman who is clearly interested in him but is only a FWB.  He is taking advantage and if this was meant to be more serious, it would have happened.  You deserve better and there are plenty of guys out there.  Don't hang your hat on a loser.  As far as your remark about the s l u t, he deserved it.  The only way you will lose your dignity is if you continue to see this guy and be his FWB only.

Thanks, Jazzy - I'd like opinions from everyone :-) And yes, I definitely want(ed) more from him (at one point). He knows this. I don't know how he feels. His actions are clearly contrary to what he says. At one point, he gave me the old line about being the one he wanted to grow old with, said we'd have kids, blah blah blah. He had a girlfriend then, so I was like, whatever... He told me he wouldn't want to know if I was seeing someone unless it was serious. When I innocently asked, "How serious?" He started crying because apparently he thought that meant I was talking to someone. I asked him why he never said anything before if it bothered him too much, and he said he thought I knew I was "his" after an incident at a club. I told him a while ago I wasn't interested in being around when he was actively dating, that I probably couldn't handle it. So you're right - maybe he just doesn't want me to know. That violates the terms of the FWB agreement, and just makes him a liar. I have been kind of wanting this relationship to end, so I can focus my concentration on someone worthy of it, but I want to walk away with some dignity in tact, and I don't know if the whole jealous "s_lut" remark just shot my chances.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I think we need some funny country song titles to add some levity to our afternoon.  I submit, for your reading (and grinning) pleasure, the following:

She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger

Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth ‘Cause I’m Kissing You Goodbye

If I Can’t Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You

If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I’d Be Out By Now

You’re the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly

All the Guys Who Turn Me On Turn Me Down

If Love were Oil, I’d be a Quart Low

Her Teeth were Stained, but her Heart was Pure

At the Gas Station of Love, I Got the Self-Service Pump

How Come Your Dog Don’t Bite Nobody But Me?

If Fingerprints Showed Up On Skin, Wonder Whose I’d Find On You

Gave Her My Heart And a Diamond And She Clubbed Me With a Spade

I Don’t Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling

There Ain’t Enough Room in my Fruit of the Looms to Hold All My Lovin’ for You

It’s Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night that Chew Your A*s Out All Day Long

Forget the Night, Help Me Make It Through the Door

If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I’d Blow It All On You

I Just Couldn’t Leave Her Behind Alone

I Just Fell In Something and I Sure Hope It’s Love

I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Like Having You Here

I’m Sorry I Made You Cry, But At Least Your Face Is Cleaner

I Only Have Eyes For You, But Look What I’ve Got For Your Sister

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

ambergirl - post away. We don't keep people out. Welcome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I know I am not part of your group, but have to put my 2 cents in, if that is ok. 
    Posted by ambergirl

ambergirl, no exclusions here. I think a lot of us agree with what you said as well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

LWhitt, the great Julie Doherty used to sing one that I loved, called How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?  I hum that song everytime a certain something posted on LL last week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Makes him an even bigger loser.  Feel bad for you and also his "girlfriend" who he cheats on.  If he cheats on her, guarenteed he will cheat on you. 

Oh, and before someone has to ask: While he is "on" with his girlfriend the "benefits" stop. Although he doesn't want them to.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Hey LWhitt, what did you say that got removed, you rabble rouser you. (First time I tried submitting I got this message:  We limit the rapid posting of multiple forum posts for quality reasons. You have submitted a forum post within the last several seconds. Please try again later. )
    Posted by Lily87

On the LL blog?  Ahhh, yes - i went back to Page 8 and saw what it was.  Yes, it was a comment about Saturday night that A-o probably reported.  We're trying to leave personal info about A-o out of there, and what I said might have been construed as such by A-o.

Sorry Awesom-o.  My bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

LWhitt, the great Julie Doherty used to sing one that I loved, called How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?  I hum that song everytime a certain something posted on LL last week. 
    Posted by TheRealJBar

LOL JBar!  I remember that title, and yes, that WOULD be a very appropriate song to sing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

RDG I just saw your post on page 8.  I prefer the word strumpet myself. So old fashioned yet naughty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/22 : hi IDMWIT, You said you want / need some tough love, so I think I have to agree that this r/l is very dysfunctional for you, and the big question you have to ask yourself and be brutally honest about is :  What are you getting out of it?  What do you want in the long run / big picture of your life? Do you want to wake up in another 5 years still doing this dance with this guy? Does this r/l bring you any happiness at all?  It doesn't sound like it.  It sounds like a place holder for real happiness. From what I see of you on the board, and from what you've said here, you don't seem to be the type of person who "does feelings" very well.  You use your humor and your sarcasm to a great advantage to get yourself out of having to face your feelings.  Don't get me wrong, I think you're HILARIOUS and quick witted, but I can see if you're like this with him, you've made it very easy him b/c he can always say he has no clue how you really feel.   That's why you've made it so easy for this guy to take advantage of you.  You helped him move and this is how he thanks you?  I don't know about you, but my real friends do not lie to me.  He's not a friend.  He is a bad habit.  You need to drop him.  Walk away.  It's painful to see you hurt this way.   
    Posted by yogafriend

Thanks for your words, Yogafriend! It's very true. I took me a while to realize I was doing that, and I try to be very conscious of it.
    I don't like having emotions. I don't like not being in control of myself.

But for my inner circle - none of them would ever have a question how I feel about them. I tell those people all the time how I feel. He was one of them.
    And I was getting something - he's the friend who knows me best. But that's not enough. He knows me, but doesn't respect me. And I definitely don't have time for friends like that anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Ambergirl - Awesome, thanks!!

Yeah, the more I actually retrieve data from the memory banks and type it on screen. The more I see C-R-E-E-P.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Bruin : )  I find this thread to be the most fun yet I have read yet on BDC.

ambergirl - post away. We don't keep people out. Welcome.
    Posted by Bruins73

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

Does anyone watch that show ParentHood on NBC?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Wow. Total snoozefest.
    Everybody's got a case of the Mondays...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

IDMWIT - gullible question, but are those real country western songs?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

ambergirl - Anytime. Enjoy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Amber I'm pumped new people are coming here.  That's what I liked about LL the most.  Yeah we're crazy with the OT stuff but anyone was always welcome to join in.  We only ever got on people that got on us about being OT or something.  Please bring more people to the kids table.  We've got pudding.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Jazzy, is that any good?  I thought it looked like a good show.  I love awkward humor.