Love Letters Off Topic 3/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Love Letters Off Topic 3/23

good morning

i know this had been requested yest, but let's discuss if we should go home to LL Land.
    Dread, I think we have exorcised our resident demon to the after life, so it might be time for us to convene back on one blog at LL's

What's everyone's opinion on this?

GO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23

I thought we were  making the move on Friday. I felt lost when I saw no OT on the LL page.

Good morning by the way. I have been thoroughly worked out at the gym already today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

I dont want to go back. I like this. I can make my font pretty and post pictures of NSync..this is basically heaven.Tongue out

haha just kidding, I honestly don't care.
    Whether we are here, or on LL there is always someone to complain about us.

So whereever you folks decide to go, I'll follow.

But can I just say that where ever we end up, can we promise to NEVER respond to anyone commenting on how annoying we are. I know that I am guilty of doing this. We all are. So lets just ignore them like they aren't even there. Pretend there is an ignore button and just skim over those comments...they are pointless.

But I think we should stick it out here for another day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I don't care either.
    I wonder if we should ask Meredith in chat tomorrow?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

IDMWIT, I think that's a great idea.

Michelle - lol to your "basically heaven"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23:
    I don't care either. I wonder if we should ask Meredith in chat tomorrow?
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink

IDMWIT- You are a goshdarn genious.
    Thats a good idea. I am down for that.
    One more day, then we check with Meredith
    and see where she stands on the subject.

We did this to cut her some slack anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I don't care, either.  I'll go where everyone else goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

I dont want to go back. I like this. I can make my font pretty and post pictures of NSync..this is basically heaven. haha just kidding, I honestly don't care. Whether we are here, or on LL there is always someone to complain about us. So whereever you folks decide to go, I'll follow. But can I just say that where ever we end up, can we promise to NEVER respond to anyone commenting on how annoying we are. I know that I am guilty of doing this. We all are. So lets just ignore them like they aren't even there. Pretend there is an ignore button and just skim over those comments...they are pointless. But I think we should stick it out here for another day.
    Posted by Michelle-

Hey Girlie

I will go where ever everyone wants to play together. I just know that LL is DEFINITELY NOT the same without the usual banter of our OT regulars...

that said, yes, whicever blog we continue to go forward with, there will be dissenters. Either here or on LL, we should all agree to plain old IGNORE

But lets just chat about this and take a poll around noon or so...

just saying

BBB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

While I like the pretty fonts (although I can do without pics of N'Sync, Michelle :::grin:::) I do like having everything on ONE board.

I think Meredith wants us on the LL board, based on the responses she sent to me and others last week via EMail.  She told me any changes that are forthcoming to the LL board are a LONG time in coming.  So I don't think it makes sense for us to self-segregate, which is what we've done, just because one or two blowhards beeyotch about our OT.

So maybe if we can keep OT to after 1pm, and yes, I agree with Michelle - don't respond to the blowhards who deliberately try to annoy us with their off-topic beeyotching about off-topic comments.  (I find it quite ironic that their beeyotching is just as off-topic as anything we write!  LOL)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I also like the posting options here - but we're missing a lot of people. Embarassed
    And a lot of chat.

Did you guys check FB last night? Now there's some person who's complaining about us posting here.

Someone's bound to end up unhappy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

While I like the pretty fonts (although I can do without pics of N'Sync, Michelle :::grin:::) I do like having everything on ONE board. I think Meredith wants us on the LL board, based on the responses she sent to me and others last week via EMail.  She told me any changes that are forthcoming to the LL board are a LONG time in coming.  So I don't think it makes sense for us to self-segregate, which is what we've done, just because one or two blowhards beeyotch about our OT. So maybe if we can keep OT to after 1pm, and yes, I agree with Michelle - don't respond to the blowhards who deliberately try to annoy us with their off-topic beeyotching about off-topic comments.  (I find it quite ironic that their beeyotching is just as off-topic as anything we write!  LOL)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Oh Lwhitt

on such a dreary day, you made my start to the day, so much more enjoyable with that post...LMAO

TY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Did you guys check FB last week? Now there's some person who's complaining about us posting here. Someone's bound to end up unhappy.

HUH?  I'm not even on FB yet.  But someone's beeyotching or only wanting people to post there?

I give up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23 : Oh Lwhitt on such a dreary day, you made my start to the day, so much more enjoyable with that post...LMAO TY
    Posted by backbaybabe

I do what I can, my friend.  Even when I don't know I'm doing it.  Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

I also like the posting options here - but we're missing a lot of people. And a lot of chat. Did you guys check FB last week? Now there's some person who's complaining about us posting here. Someone's bound to end up unhappy.

I saw that.. we can't win. haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

I also like the posting options here - but we're missing a lot of people. And a lot of chat. Did you guys check FB last week? Now there's some person who's complaining about us posting here. Someone's bound to end up unhappy.

Good Morning IDMWIT

would you care to divulge whom that person might be? you dont have to if you dont want to... just wondering..i dont recall seeing anyone complaining on my FB page(s)
    this is a person from our "group"? dont even want to use the acronym of the group here.
    if this person doesnt like it, should that said person be considered to be removed??

just asking, this time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Good Morning A-O

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Hey folks, How the hell does this thing work?
    Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3.
    I'm going wherever Michelle, Four-Eyed Freak and PowerCord go.
    No PowerCord = No Awesom-O
    Sup?
    Posted by -Awesom-o

And for me, No Dread = No LWhitt58.  Don't want to leave Dread behind.  I've not met him IRL, but I *miss* his posts on LL.

'Sup, A-o?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

I also like the posting options here - but we're missing a lot of people. And a lot of chat. Did you guys check FB last night? Now there's some person who's complaining about us posting here. Someone's bound to end up unhappy.

How can someone be complaining that we are posting here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

While I like the pretty fonts (although I can do without pics of N'Sync, Michelle :::grin:::) I do like having everything on ONE board. I think Meredith wants us on the LL board, based on the responses she sent to me and others last week via EMail.  She told me any changes that are forthcoming to the LL board are a LONG time in coming.  So I don't think it makes sense for us to self-segregate, which is what we've done, just because one or two blowhards beeyotch about our OT. So maybe if we can keep OT to after 1pm, and yes, I agree with Michelle - don't respond to the blowhards who deliberately try to annoy us with their off-topic beeyotching about off-topic comments.  (I find it quite ironic that their beeyotching is just as off-topic as anything we write!  LOL)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Everything I've seen from Meredith has endorsed OT. Her public note before the letters, her posts in the forum, her responses to both LW58 and Sally...

Did anybody else notice the day after we moved here, someone ended up with like 400 recommends on their comment (just regular advice)? I call shenanigans on that. I have never seen anybody with that many recs... makes you wonder if someone's still trying to manipulate the system to appear that in our absence LL would flourish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23 : And for me, No Dread = No LWhitt58.  Don't want to leave Dread behind. 'Sup, A-o?
    Posted by LWhitt58

i agree

no Dread, no Lwhitt, no PC, no Michelle, no A-O, no RDG

no BBB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

'Sup Awesom-O?

I've been missing you Sir.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23 : Everything I've seen from Meredith has endorsed OT. Her public note before the letters, her posts in the forum, her responses to both LW58 and Sally... Did anybody else notice the day after we moved here, someone ended up with like 400 recommends on their comment (just regular advice)? I call shenanigans on that. I have never seen anybody with that many recs... makes you wonder if someone's still trying to manipulate the system to appear that in our absence LL would flourish.

Yes, I saw that too.  That was MAJOR shenanigans!  Oh - and wasn't it someone who'd not ever posted before?  Or rarely posted?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

dottie, you have to do something

posted at 3/22/2010 6:11 PM EDT
    First: 1/1/2010
    Last: 3/23/2010

dottie, would you please do something about the invasion of this section of the board by the dullards/weirdos from LoveLetters? They are posting material daily in here that is so vapid, so inane, and so irrelevent to anything going on in the world right now (as opposed to the OIPR, which is very relevent), they wont even allow it on their own section of the board. What makes them think it is welcome here??

As you know, the Commoner forum ha a long and glorious history. At one time this section was the flagship for the entire board. While we have fallen on hard times recently, that doesnt mean it is okay now for interlopers like these idiots from LoveLetters to just take the place over and post their annoying drivel. That is not what this forum was designed for

Imagine if they tried to pull this kind of stunt in the Confidential Chat? Youd have had all of them banned by now and every one of their messages expunged

In another week it will be all LoveLetters in here all the time. You have to step in, dot. Please do something before the situation gets too out of hand

Thank you...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

AO, I've missed you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Well hello Awesome-O Kiss