Love Letters Off Topic 3/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23:
    My favorite word is "unctious." TIP: If you use that word to describe wine, it impresses everyone and they think you know what you are talking about.
    Posted by anecdotal-evidence

Except unctuous means oily; slippery (or at least that's how I know it).  Oily and slippery wine?  ;-)

One of my favorite words is "teetotaler".  I was reading a book when I was about 18 and called out to my Mom "Mom, what does "tee-toe-tail-er" mean?  (that's the way I pronounced it to her). 

She asked me to spell it, and when I did, she said "That means someone who doesn't drink alcohol."

My response?  "Well, no wonder I don't know what it means!"  (Drinking age was 18 when I was growing up in the dark ages.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Jeeps - ok sweetheart.

Sup honeyes! Welcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Sup Honeyes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Good Morning Peeps, I cannot get into the comments on LL today so here I am so I can chat with all of you lovely people.
    Posted by Honeyes

Hey Honeyes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

My favorite word is "unctious." TIP: If you use that word to describe wine, it impresses everyone and they think you know what you are talking about.

Oh I love people who know words. :-)
    I've been dumbing down conversation for years because people look at me like, huh? Then you've got the type who like to say, "Spell it!"

My dear brother, for instance, once asked me how to spell cloud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

For those lovely ladies attending the festivities tonight, I was thinking we should all wear Ann Taylor to mess with Bossse's head.

Lwhitt, Diamond - I'm impressed! Such classy chicks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Bossse will be there!!!!  Oooooooh!

Okay, so when I was a little girl, I was reading a mattress tag, one of the famous ones that say 'NOT TO BE REMOVED UNDER PENALTY OF LAW, EXCEPT BY CONSUMER.'  I went in to my mom and asked 'What does it mean 'to consume?'  Mom said 'to eat.'

8|

I did not get over my fear of touching mattress tags until I was out of college.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

For those lovely ladies attending the festivities tonight, I was thinking we should all wear Ann Taylor to mess with Bossse's head. Lwhitt, Diamond - I'm impressed! Such classy chicks.

Classy, I'm not.  But I thank you, kind lady.  :-)

Unctuous is often used in restaurant reviews of the food, as it relates to "mouthfeel" - how the food feels in the mouth, how it hits your tastebuds and changes flavors.  In fact, it's often overused, depending on the reviewer, IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

diamon - hahahahahahaha a fear of mattress tags! Unbelievable!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

He'll be there if he ever wakes up. Has been having trouble sleeping. I noticed this morning he was still online on FB at 3 AM. I am assuming he finally crashed and is still sound asleep.... and sleeping through all the iphone vibrations!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I am still sniffling, snuffling and breathing heavy (boys, calm down) from my sinus infection, but I am feeling better and I am ready to play today
    Posted by Milfit

Good to hear you're feeling a little better!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

He'll be there if he ever wakes up. Has been having trouble sleeping. I noticed this morning he was still online on FB at 3 AM. I am assuming he finally crashed and is still sound asleep.... and sleeping through all the iphone vibrations!

OK, but this begs the question - why were YOU online on FB at 3 AM?  ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

For those lovely ladies attending the festivities tonight, I was thinking we should all wear Ann Taylor to mess with Bossse's head. Lwhitt, Diamond - I'm impressed! Such classy chicks.

AE,, hehehehe...
    make it even worse for Bossse, i have on Vineyard vines... that'll make him throw up...btw - its a wninter VV woolen short skirt... not their summer stuff

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Thanks Lwhitt. I don't know a thing about wine, except I like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

Lwhitt, I wasn't online at 3 AM! I was sound asleep. I simply noticed the time stamp on his last post, when I logged in this morning. FB tells you a post was made "3 hours ago" "1 day ago" etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

chicken taco huh Jeeps. That's a tough problem. Good luck with that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Yeah, right?  One of my roomates cut a tag off her mattress, and I screamed 'NOOO, only the consumer can remove that!'  Which spawned a discussion of 1. what 'consumers' are, in the retail sense, and 2. whether the police were seriously going to start inspecting mattresses.

A-E, LWhitt - they use all kinds of weird words to describe wine.  I was going to try to get into a little oenophilia, and when I saw descriptions from 'experts' extolling the 'motor oil' or 'graphite pencil' flavors in particular wines, I thought 'Forget this; I am going back to G&Ts.'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anecdotal-evidence. Show anecdotal-evidence's posts

B3, you're wearing a skirt? Hmmm. Maybe I should drag out the cashmere dress one last time before retiring it for the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I am still sniffling, snuffling and breathing heavy (boys, calm down) from my sinus infection, but I am feeling better and I am ready to play today
    Posted by Milfit

Awww, it stinks to have a toad id ur nobse on a cruddy day like today!  But I'm glad you're feeling better, Milfit!

BTW - not sure if anyone else knows this, but I tried to shorten your name to "M-ilf" yesterday, and BDC wouldn't let me type it without the dash.  Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

'Sup Jeeps, my mighty Oak... how YOU doin?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic 3/23 : OK, but this begs the question - why were YOU online on FB at 3 AM?  ;-)
    Posted by LWhitt58

Lwhitt

Bossse IM'd me at 1:37 this am... but i was in bed...not getting the best sleep, but at least not on FB

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Lwhitt, I wasn't online at 3 AM! I was sound asleep. I simply noticed the time stamp on his last post, when I logged in this morning. FB tells you a post was made "3 hours ago" "1 day ago" etc.

OHHHHH!  LOL  OK, I'll be coming to you, A-E, when I get around to signing up for a FB account to learn all the ins-and-outs.  :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

So I need to know which avitar to use...

My current one of waving shadows, or should I change it to Benjamin Bratt?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

A-E, I plan on bringing my Coach bag just to drive Bossse crazy