Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2

In Response to Re: Love Letters Off Topic Land Day 2:
    Lwhitt, how do i findthe "other" thread? im an old dog, who is evidently blind who has lost her scent.... sniff sniff, nothing
    Posted by backbaybabe

Did you bookmark it yesterday, bbb?  ("Watch this conversation" link at the top of the thread)

Otherwise, look at the path of the forum at the top of any page:

Forums  »  Misc. Musings  »  The Commoners  »  It seems all of the OT discussions are in "The Commoners" link.

Yowza - just fixed and removed all that hyper-gobbledegook.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Dread, I take it you are not a JD Drew man?
    Posted by diamondgirl

How'd you know?  Because he has no heart?  Because he is the Tinman of the Red Sox?

Pedroia could do absolutely nothing this year and as long as he plays as hard as he does I would still be gay for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

Dread....This is the only post I want to write that involves the Bruins. But I don't agree with you at all. The performance that I saw last night was repulsive. They knew how much this game meant for the franchise. There was so many important people at that game. The fact that they sat back and got SHUT OUT at home, by a team that has possibly ruined their best players career, is like a slap in the face to both Marc Savard and Boston as a whole.

Think about how Marc Savard feels right now... He is laying in a bed constantly puking, can't play for at least the rest of the season, and watching his team not have his back. (With the exception of Thornton) If I was him I would be crushed.

Savard and Thornton are the only ones on this team that have any heart left.

Chara technically won that fight because he is huge. There was no fight. If anything I give the other guy credit for taking him on.

Until we sell this team and give it to someone that can actually use the salary cap in an organized & sane manor, I won't be attending any games. I am sick of putting money into a team that doesn't give anything back.

Bossse commenting on my status last night on FB and said that Bruins and I are looking for a team that played 20 years ago. Well yes, we are. Because that is waht Boston is known for. Thats why we feel like its a slap in the face when they play like this. We are apart of a community that loves a team even when they are down, because that's part of  being a passionate fan.

With Savard gone, the only talent we have left on the team is Rask, Krecji, Bergeron and Wheeler. Everyone else is a disgrace.

I am actualy pretty upset about this...:(

Thanks, Dread. I was hoping no one would mention the Bruins, because I have help back from flipping out about this.. haha

**I posted this in the other one.. but I am done with Bruins talk. I might cry if I keep talking about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Drew is weak. Bu we need him to play well this year because of our lack of offense.

diamond - I am on the FB page send me a friend request.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Michelle - Thanks for saying everything I wanted to. This team is heartless.

And Chara did win because he has a reach that keeps people at bay.

Ok no more Bruins talk.

LET's GO RED SOX!!!!! I will be changing to RedSox20 shortly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I love your passion Michelle.  Its better that you let these things out.  All I know is that I am less frustrated with the Bruins right now than I was a month ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Save for two players the Bruins showed me absolutely nothing last night. For a few seconds,while Thorton was pounding away at Cooke, I thought they might just show a little heart and give the Pens a run for their money. But no, it didn't turn out that way. Put the parquet over the ice and keep it there until next season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Michelle - Come to The Bruins Make Me Cry night with me & Bru?

Dread, how do you think I feel?  I was a trot Nixon girl from the time he joined the team.  I know he wasn't Dwight Evans or anything, but he was with the team for nearly his whole career, and he always tried hard, and he wore a hole in the grass in right field, and then he went to Cleveland, and I came back to my seats in right field to see that not only was my Trot gone, they had replaced his worn patch with fresh turf and given JD Drew his #7!  I was inconsolable for weeks.  I went to see him when he came back with Cleveland the first night.  My brother was with him in the Indians clubhouse when the Sox beat Cleveland in 2007, and said it was the most depressing thing he had ever seen - Trot was back in the clubhouse because it hurt too much to see his old team out there without him.  And who do they give me instead?  This dud who looks like he is out there waiting for a bus?!?!!

okay, I am okay.  Okay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Dread - That's because you know the season is over. Nothing to be frustrated about. If this team even manages to limp into the play-offs somehow.

They will be swept.

Sorry pal, you are fighting a losing fight. This team lacked talent and heart. Just cuz you win 2 fights doesn't change things when you lose 3 to 0.

If they had heart, Cooke would have left on a stretcher after the game wasout of reach. Once they got that 3rd goal at the begining of the 3rd, they should have been killing people.

It's over Johnny! It's OVER!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

What did Jazzy say, anyway?  It's already gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

diamondgirl - I may be in love with you. You just said the three greatest things I have ever heard a woman say.

#1 - Dewey Evans.

#2 - I was a Trot girl from the get go. (This alone made me love you) I was a big trott fan. Now that Dirt Dog had HEART!!! Miles and miles of it!

#3 - Mad Drew took Trot's number.

You sure you are married?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I'll concede to everyone then.  You're probably right Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claddaugh. Show Claddaugh's posts

Hey Guys
    Does anyone know about the road closures in Wayland by the Sudbury River? It think it's Rt 20 and/or Rt 27. I have dinner reservations at the Coach Grill (yummo) tomorrow night and I'm trying to decide if I should keep or cancel. If the roads stay closed, it will take FOREVER for me to get there. Thoughts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

What did Jazzy say, anyway?  It's already gone.
    Posted by diamondgirl

hey diamond girl - here's Jazzy's post

I apologize for taking OT over here, but since no one has acknowledged what I wrote and this is important to me – I don’t want to start an argument, but I know you all read this in this forum. I am posting it here. I’d like for it to be adhered to since I’ve deleted my blogs and I’ve left you all alone, the least you can do is stop leaving negative comments with me and having your posse email me. Please read:

OK.. honestly... whoever is still following me around and leaving comments behind me, leaving nasty remarks and stupid @s$ comments, really.. REINDEER.. you can stop. I'm not kidding. I ignored what you said earlier (someone nicely told me you had left a comment about me, and I ignored it) because it isn't worth it. But I'm getting REALLY pi$sed. I've let things go. I've apologized up and flipping down to MOST OF YOU and I've received ONE apology yet I've sat here and been "good" on your terms. I've let everything go. I didn't bother anyone today, I didn't even come in here, only to ask how to stop getting the emails, and that was ignored anyways. But I am still I'm getting nasty emails and comments and people leaving comments after my comments on my page. I don't need that nor do I deserve it. I have ZERO idea what you have against me Reindeer but you've really got to stop. I am not the person you all seem to think I am. I am tired of seeing this crap around my name. LET IT GO PLEASE.

addendum: as of 7:23 this morning, I’ve received THREE personal emails, and an email to MY personal blog (not the b.com one) and I have one person in another forum ganging up on me now (that is directly linked to someone in here). You guys don’t realize that most of you have your own little groupie following, so clearly if you are upset about something , the little people are going to start lashing out too. This has been taken too far. I’ve not had my little posse out to get anyone in here, I’ve not emailed anyone personally (that didn’t give me permission – well aside from PC) and I’ve not badgered anyone on other forums.

All three emails were specifically tied to two people.

For those of you that this does not pertain to, I apologize you’ve gotta listen to me rant again. For those of you sending your friends out (even indirectly, just by talking crap) PLEASE STOP. It’s really crossed a ridiculous line. I should NOT be getting personal emails.

Honestly, there are maybe two people in here that have any right at all to say anything to me. And yet, they are the only two people that don’t and don’t have their groupies following me and didn’t plss all over my blog. So whoever is still doing this – please learn something from some people who have a lot more class than you. And for that – thanks BBB and AV.

Again, sorry for the redundancy but I really feel like this got so blown up and just continues to get out of hand

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Jazzy if I have groupies let me know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

Hey Guys Does anyone know about the road closures in Wayland by the Sudbury River? It think it's Rt 20 and/or Rt 27. I have dinner reservations at the Coach Grill (yummo) tomorrow night and I'm trying to decide if I should keep or cancel. If the roads stay closed, it will take FOREVER for me to get there. Thoughts?
    Posted by Claddaugh

Claddaugh, doesn't sound like it's going to change much for the next several days, according to a Metrowest Daily News report:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x99757617/Status-of-Sudbury-road-closings-due-to-flooding

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonpareil. Show nonpareil's posts

diamondgirl -- I can hardly wait for baseball season to open. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967 and a baseball fan all my life. Evans was the best right-fielder the Sox ever had. My idol, though, was Carlton Fisk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claddaugh. Show Claddaugh's posts

Lily
    Thanks for the info. I live in Stow, so unless my destination is off 495, not much is direct. I'll wait until next weekend to go. Stupid stupid flooded rivers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I <3 <3 <3 Dewey.  He was just awesome.  He is #24 forever to me.  Isn't it absurd how he is still handsomer than guys my age?

One of my man's buddies works for one of the sports radio stations, and he said the same thing; the younger players are mostly dogs, but the older players, (like my personal favorite, Tim Wakefield) are pretty grown-up, nice guys.  Not like, say.... Derek Lowe, who once gave one of our friends his phone number in a bar.  That was the year he was so shaky in relief that he would sit in the dugout with a towel over his head between innings.  She did not call him.  I love that.  Where else would a woman not call back a Major League ballplayer because he was a sucky reliever?  Hah!

Bru, I even convinced my mother to take me to a Diamondbacks spring training game in Arizona when Trot tried to make the AZ team in 2008.  I was all like 'Trot, I came from Boston to tell you I miss you!'  And he was all like 'OMG, it's that girl again!'  He waved.  I almost died.  Yes, at the age of 32.  How sad is that?  My mom is awesome, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I don't see any flirting going on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

I love the avatar IDMWIT.

Diamond, you're awesome.  You get the Dread Seal of Appoval.  You may now say whatever you wish and you'll have a Dread to back you up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claddaugh. Show Claddaugh's posts

LWhitt
    Good link. I'm sending to my husband...he had to get up at the crack of dawn to find a way to the airport.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

IDMWIT - I told diamondgirl I love her. That's flirting.

diamond - that's awesome I would probably say the same thing to him. And he would probably give me the scared wave. LOL The year he went to the Indians, his first game back here I sat front row Monster seats. I got a million pics of him.

I also own a 86 throwback Evans jersey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

My favorite player growing up was Jim Rice.  I was too little to hear any of the stuff about how cranky he was with the media, etc.  I just knew that when Big Jim Ed got up to the plate, the Red Sox were Saved.  I even wanted a Steve Grogan jersey because it said #14 on it like Jim Rice's jersey.  How warped is that?

Sorry; you all got me started on the Sox. 

Fiske was a legend, nonpareil - an excellent choice.  I am getting all clammy-handed waiting for the season to start.

OT on the OT; my grandmother used to buy a box of nonpareils for us whenever we went to the movies together when I was little.  Your username makes me smile.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes3pippo. Show mes3pippo's posts

What is all this sports talk? It's making my head spin.

I do not heart McBostonRob, for now talking garbage while we are experimenting with this off topic forum. Seems some people are never satified.

Anyway, a word to all my guys out there. If you receive a racy photo from a lady, please don't respond with "Yummie."

Also do not call your meals yummie.